• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Are there OPCs in Williamsburg?

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I just returned from driving the Blue Ridge Parkway. We spent 3 days in Gatlinburg before the trek. Weather made us do it in reverse. While there, we were approached at least 8 times by cheery solicitors, who wanted to give us discount tickets. You know the drill. Very similar to previous visits to Atlantic City, Virginia Beach, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Branson, Las Vegas, etc., etc.

That made me think - we have never seen an OPC in Williamsburg, despite being there dozens of times. Our daughter and family live there, but she has never been approached. Are they outlawed? hiding? don't need the business? There are 11 timeshares in Williamsburg - but no OPCs? Just curious....

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Outside Public Contact. A person who greets you with intentions of getting you to go to a timeshare presentation. Could be walking the boardwalk, sitting in a store front, chatting from a booth, or walking the street engaging people. The job is to entice you with some kind of bribe so you will be agreeable to spending time in front of a salesman.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought the first word was 'Offsite', but mox nix. A body-snatcher it a body-snatcher either way.

wackymother

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen them there in the summer, but we haven't been to Williamsburg for a couple of years. They are at places you might not be going--I remember them at the big outlet malls.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They also have kiosks at the local grocery stores during the summer.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have seen them at the Williamsburg Outlet malls and downtown on Merchant Square.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
None in Newport RI either anymore.
That's not surprising at all. It isn't a touristy area with multiple timeshare developers in active sales.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Best OPC ‘ s are in Mexico / especially the airports tourist arrive in .
Cancun , Cabo , Puerto Vallarta etc .

LOL

best answer - “No speak English”

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
15-20 years ago they used to pull up to you traffic there and try their art mobile.
Pretty scary and likely stopped by the police.

bertha

Reaction score
subscribed, this seems like a very interesting thread

DRIless

Reaction score
My wife and I just returned from driving the Blue Ridge Parkway. We spent 3 days in Gatlinburg before the trek. Weather made us do it in reverse. While there, we were approached at least 8 times by cheery solicitors, who wanted to give us discount tickets. You know the drill. Very similar to previous visits to Atlantic City, Virginia Beach, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Branson, Las Vegas, etc., etc.

That made me think - we have never seen an OPC in Williamsburg, despite being there dozens of times. Our daughter and family live there, but she has never been approached. Are they outlawed? hiding? don't need the business? There are 11 timeshares in Williamsburg - but no OPCs? Just curious....
They are ALL OVER TOWN in Williamsburg in the summer and beyond, many many restaurants, the Premium Outlets, and more! They were still out there last week, too (October).

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
They're everywhere!

DRI had a tent at Nationals Park the last few homestands of the season.

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Just saw Wyndham and a vacation club at the OC new car show in the vendors area. They both had spinner wheels to see where you would win your free vacation, Fla, Vegas, Hawaii.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
"off property contact".. we ran a large OPC deal in myrtle beach in the 80's for Beach House and others.. good money!!