• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ARP on new website

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just did a trial of using ARP at 13 months for January 2019 reservations using the new reservation system. At first I selected the resort and used the availability calendar to try to select the dates. It would let me select the check-in date at 13 months, but would only let me select a check-out date within the 13 months as well. In my trial example that was only a couple days - not even a week. After spending half on hour on the phone with Vacation Planning and a Supervisor, I discovered that the only way I could make it work was to select the dates when you use the Book option. Then the calendars presented allowed me to select a check-out date that was at most a single week later than the check-in date. So apparently, the ability to book two weeks at a time does not apply to ARP reservations made at 13 months. Shortly after I got off the phone with them, the web site crashed. Glad I tried this early on a leisurely afternoon when I could call in with any issues, rather than waiting to try it for the first time at midnight EST when I really want this to work.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just did a trial of using ARP at 13 months for January 2019 reservations using the new reservation system. At first I selected the resort and used the availability calendar to try to select the dates. It would let me select the check-in date at 13 months, but would only let me select a check-out date within the 13 months as well. In my trial example that was only a couple days - not even a week. After spending half on hour on the phone with Vacation Planning and a Supervisor, I discovered that the only way I could make it work was to select the dates when you use the Book option. Then the calendars presented allowed me to select a check-out date that was at most a single week later than the check-in date. So apparently, the ability to book two weeks at a time does not apply to ARP reservations made at 13 months. Shortly after I got off the phone with them, the web site crashed. Glad I tried this early on a leisurely afternoon when I could call in with any issues, rather than waiting to try it for the first time at midnight EST when I really want this to work.

Ive had the same experience (the calendar dosent work for ARP reservation)

heres what the book says regarding 14 day reservations. I think the wording "no more than 7 nights going into the next booking window" is what makes it impossible to make 14 night reservations at 13 months

upload_2017-12-8_22-19-41.png

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive had the same experience (the calendar dosent work for ARP reservation)

heres what the book says regarding 14 day reservations. I think the wording "no more than 7 nights going into the next booking window" is what makes it impossible to make 14 night reservations at 13 months

View attachment 5203

Thanks. I guess that part is consistent with their published policies, although when I called and asked in the past a couple different counsellors told me 14 days was good at ARP 13 months. Just glad to know how it really works. I have called exactly at 13 months for four weeks a year for the last 14 years, so I just need to know how the new system works. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

antjmar

Reaction score
I believe if you want to book 2 weeks with arp you need to be at 12 months 3 weeks (not exactly 13 months) this will allow you to book two consecutive weeks if they are still available.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe if you want to book 2 weeks with arp you need to be at 12 months 3 weeks (not exactly 13 months) this will allow you to book two consecutive weeks if they are still available.

exactly right, when you do it that way, only 7 nights go into the next booking window. so you comply with the rules.

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, after my trial earlier this week, I was ready to book exactly at 13 months last night at midnight EST (11 pm CST where I am). Unfortunately, the booking calendar would not let me select Jan 12, 2019 when I tried that although it would let me select Jan 11, 2019. So I kept trying for about 15 minutes and then gave up and went to sleep thinking that maybe they didn't open the next day until the call center opened in the morning. I happened to wake up a couple hours later (2 am EST), so I gave it another try and low and behold it would let me book Jan 12, 2019. So my question is, when does the window actually open for on-line booking? Are they any quirks that I should be aware of? I also own a Westin Timeshare, and their on-line reservation system windows reliably open exactly at midnight EST.