TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Aruba Restaurants

Discussion in 'Caribbean Timesharing' started by Former Cruiser, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Former Cruiser

Former Cruiser TUG Member

We traded into La Cabana Resort in Aruba. We'll be there for 2 weeks. We're looking for restaurant recommendations. All price ranges. Thank you!

2. Bob B

Bob B TUG Member

Suggest you also check out http://www.aruba-bb.com/. It is very helpful with all things Aruba. It's been several years since I've been there but a couple of highly rated places were El Gaucho, Madame Janette, and Papiamento.

3. classiclincoln

classiclincoln TUG Member

The problem with Aruba is there are too many good restaurants. Right off the top of my head:

Asi es mi Peru - right across the street - mid range $$
    Local Store - good bar food - low range $
    Zuzuroh - walking distance Greek/Italian - mid range $$
    Screaming Eagle - walking distance - excellent fine dining - $$$
    Chalet Suisse - walking distance - fine dining - $$$
    Dianna's Pancake House - great Dutch Pancakes - about $15 pp

4. ilene13

ilene13 TUG Member

297 $$ Tapas
    Madame Janette $$ continental
    Wilhelmina $$$. Fabulous
    Yemanja Grill $$. International
    El Gaucho $$
    Chalet Suisse $$
    Diana’s Pancakes $
    Trattoria da Vittorio $$
    BLT at the Ritz $$$
    Blossoms $$ we like the Chinese

5. lvhmbh

lvhmbh TUG Member

Some of my favorites on that list - especially Chalet Suisse (say Hi to Bennie). The Italian restaurant at Playa Linda is really good and has a great view - Azzuro!

6. richontug

richontug TUG Member

Pizza Bobs and Bingoes are great low cost restaurants.

7. classiclincoln

classiclincoln TUG Member

If you're down at Renaissance Marketplace, the only places worth stopping at are The Dutch Pancake House and possibly Casa Tua (haven't been there for awhile, but it was OK). Went to Le Garage Bistro today and had the worst experience of our entire 3 month trip there. Most of the other places are not that great. Reflexions, West Deck, Barefoot, Passions and Tulip are also good.

8. brownhaired_girl

brownhaired_girl TUG Member

I just got back from 2 weeks in Aruba, one week at La Cabana. We spent some time shopping in Oranjested and ate at Iguana Joe's. I think that was my favorite of the places we ate. We also had a sunset meal at Moomba on the beach. I'm a very picky eater, and not ready to try most new things. I was happy that I was able to google the menus at most restaurants.

FreeIn2010 likes this.
  9. dsexton

dsexton TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Beach Quarters, RiverPointe, Westin Lagunamar, Sea Scape Beach and Golf Villas
    We visited Aruba back in Jan and stayed at the Renaissance. So all the restaurants we ate at were near that location. Our absolute favorite was what I would consider a hidden gem - Italy in the World. It's very small and upon entering appears to be a wine shop. There are about 6 tables and the owner cooks excellent Italian dishes. We ate there twice during our one week stay. We also enjoyed West Deck and Yemanchi was another favorite. Lots of folks recommended El Gaucho but we ran out of time.