• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aruba Surf Club Studio

post-it

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not a Marriott owner but hoping to make a trade for Aruba. I usually only see studio's for the SC and OC, but do see 1 bd for other non Marriott locations. Curious if the studios are spacious and the kitchenette is workable. I'm torn between staying at a quality Marriott in studio vs. 1bd off Eagle Beach.

Thank you

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
One thing to note, most of the studios only have a queen size bed.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I really don't know enough about other properties in Aruba to say if a 1BR at one would be better than a studio. We have only ever stayed at the Surf CLub and the Marriott Stellaris hotel. However I will say that Eagle Beach was fantastic when we were there in September, super wide.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not a Marriott owner but hoping to make a trade for Aruba. I usually only see studio's for the SC and OC, but do see 1 bd for other non Marriott locations. Curious if the studios are spacious and the kitchenette is workable. I'm torn between staying at a quality Marriott in studio vs. 1bd off Eagle Beach.

Thank you
Do you have on ongoing search for a 1BR? I don't see anything but studios now either. So you don't know if you have sufficient trade power and could see them if there were there or not. Personally I'd likely take a 1 BR over a studio at the Marriott if it was a resort I saw as good to very good. If you go to the reviews on TUG any of those 8 or above plus maybe La Cabana would be worth considering. Some people prefer the Eagle beach area (Low Rise) and others like myself, prefer Palm Beach (High Rise). Just make sure you don't accept an All Inclusive option unknowingly (there are a couple). Playa Linda (even though it's rated lower), Costa Linda and Aruba Beach Club would be particularly good options. The Newer Divi Phoenix is definitely worth considering but on the fringe of Palm Beach. But make sure you investigate the resort and unit type so you know what you are and are not getting. An example of getting more than you might anticipate would be La Cabana where the studios and 1 BR are dramatically similar with basically the same kitchen and almost the same square footage. It's across the road from the beach but with no other obstacles. And don't forget about air, it was insanely expensive for this past January.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I just grabbed a 1 bd May 15 at OC. I checked a couple times a day for a week, and it paid off!
You could also add ePlus giving you the chance to switch over to the Surf Club if you see one out there at some point. I have never stayed at the Ocean Club, but no in room laundry is a drawback of the OC units. SC 1BR and larger units have in room laundry.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
is ePlus through Interval? That's how I booked
Yes, ePlus is an option you can add through Interval. Provides the ability to retrade up to three times for up to a year after your original check in date.

post-it

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could also add ePlus giving you the chance to switch over to the Surf Club if you see one out there at some point. I have never stayed at the Ocean Club, but no in room laundry is a drawback of the OC units. SC 1BR and larger units have in room laundry.
I booked through Interval, is ePlus through interval?