• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

At Laguna Surf now. My unit is definitely an older one

Greg G

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Went on Captain Dave's Whale and Dolphin tour this morning. Saw lots of dolphins but no whales.

Greg

taffy19

Reaction score
Luck is not with you, Greg. I hope that you still enjoyed the ocean tour.

There was another thread about Laguna Beach where you posted a message but you will no longer be there to see the releasing of their patients but you can visit their center most any day. That may be interesting too to you since you live far away from the ocean.

https://www.pacificmmc.org/hours-and-directions/

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
The tour was still fun, as the dolphins were very close to the boat. Thanks for the link to the Pacific Marine Mammal Center.

Greg

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Be sure to stop by for a gelato at Dolce, I go every visit, and that is often because we live 30 min away.

I enjoy getting a gyro at Adonis and walk up to the bluff park for some artist and tourist watching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wow, had Black Forest (berry) and Mango Sorbet. That was very tasty.

Greg

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
So getting up early to go see the tide pools at Woods Cove, I encountered more creatures than expected. There was a young woman in a bikini with her photographer doing a photo shoot in one of the larger tide pools. Didn't see that in the literature on tide pools :D
Woods cove has pretty neat tide pools. Brimming with fish and crabs, anemones.

Greg

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Beach is packed with people today, both for normal beach suff and getting a spot for the fireworks tonight.
20180704_133547.jpg
20180704_132938.jpg

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Wow, had Black Forest (berry) and Mango Sorbet. That was very tasty.

Greg

Her flavors are so authentic, I don’t know how she does it, nothing artificial tasting. I’m a chocaholic so I go for the Ferro Rocher paired with Pistachio.

There is a young lady that does her signs free hand, amazing artist.

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Fireworks were pretty good although I think they expected more of a breeze to blow the smoke away. The smoke started to obscure the fireworks that were shot higher up in the sky than the lower ones. Neat to see the town to the north and to the south of Laguna shoot off their fireworks at about the same time, so that you could see fireworks up and down the coast.

Not sure if this link works but here is smartphone video of some of the fireworks from the top of Laguna Surf resort. The fireworks were about 0.8 miles away from where we were.
(click on the video once to get full screen then click on the setting gear wheel, and select the 720 resolution for playback otherwise it defaults to 360 )

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ChgMwADsuCqzqipY8

Greg

Last edited:

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
So after staying a week at the resort, I like it. It's centrally located to the downtown area, main beach, and shops and restaurants, and I was able to walk to two of the tide pools, Shaws cove and Woods cove, from the resort in approx 25 minutes. You can walk down a flight of steps to the beach behind the resort and it was not crowded at all there (short of the day of the 4th where it was a little more crowded than normal). Granted it would have been nicer to have an ocean view unit, but all in all it's a good resort to stay at, Nice tile walk ways at the resort. Manager and staff were very helpful and their front desk was available the entire week from 8-5 ( 8-10 on Friday checkin/out day). Housekeeping came in during mid week to make up the bed, refresh the towels which was nice. Ralphs grocery store is like a block or so away. For checkout you don't need to strip the bed, or put used bathroom towels in a pile, or start the dishwasher, as housekeeping will do that (which is better than the normal timeshare routine of you doing that). If you have to check out early, it's no big deal, as you get to keep your key cards (no need to drop them off)
Top floor area was nice for viewing fireworks. Thougt it would be more crowded up there that night but it was fine. I scoped out my lounge chair about 1 1/2 hours early at the top floor spa area, but probably could have come up later than that and still been ok finding a space.

Greg

Harry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, Laguna Surf is one of a kind. We actually toured years ago when first developed and we owned at Laguna Shores. I have tried yo trade there for years unsuccessfully. Nice posts.

Harry

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Stopped in yesterday for a gelato, took this pick of the special flavors board to show what the artist can do with a little chalk. I had the Ziggy, yum.

96a1db27af58fe8e690151a1d4df9e07.jpg

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Wow, that's some artwork.

Greg

Greg G

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Star Island Kissimmee FL
Pics of a few surfers the 2nd to last day I was there. Taken from the sunset observation deck at Laguna Surf (pretty much full zoom on my camera)
IMG_8529.JPG
IMG_8531.JPG
IMG_8534.JPG
IMG_8535.JPG
IMG_8544.JPG
IMG_8546.JPG

A few more tide pool pics
IMG_8466.JPG

IMG_8501A.jpg
IMG_8516A.jpg

During Dolpin tour
IMG_8204A.jpg