• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Attaching MR Numbers to II/Marriott Confirmations [2013/Ongoing]

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread is a year old but the problem still exists. Sometimes the number is added automatically even on a M to M exchange. This didn't happen until about 3 weeks prior even though the exchange occurred 6 months prior. I was going to just wait until check in but it happened automatically. Sometimes the phone line can add the number and sometimes it seems like no one can except for the resort either at check in or in the week or two before. There isn't any consistency in the process.

I have never once been denied adding my number using the elite rewards phone number. I figured I would try the email method since I had so many.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was going to just wait until check in but it happened automatically.
I would not recommend waiting until check in unless you just can't get it added any other way. If you wait until check in and they don't get it right there, it's FAR harder to get it added after the fact.

Persistence has been the key for me. If you get someone (by phone or email) who says it can't be done, most of the time that just means they don't know how to do it or they (incorrectly) think they aren't supposed to do it. Don't get frustrated or waste your time. Just hang up, call back, and talk to someone else.

Sometimes it's just too soon. You have to wait long enough that II has sent the exchange/guest information to Marriott. But that shouldn't take more than a day or two, most of the time.

There must be half a dozen different ways (listed in this thread) of who to contact to get your MR# added. I don't think any of them work 100% of the time. Just do whatever is easier for you, and if it doesn't work (always check your account to see that it's there), try again.

It can definitely be a pain.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
I sent an very brief email (Name, MR#, Reservation #s) to internet.customer.care@marriott.com. They responded within 4 mins of my initial email and had my MR# added to all 4 of my II Marriott reservations. No problem at all. I checked and can already see them under "Existing Reservations" in my Marriott Rewards account. Thumbs up!

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did this same thing last night, and got a reply that my request had been forwarded to MVCI Customer Care. Got an email from that group this morning that the MR number had been added as requested.

Glad it worked, but I wish they would establish one method for this to be accomplished online. Next time I will contact MVCI customer care directly to see if that works without issue. Too bad we can't do it ourselves!

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the email I received after following the exact same procedure.

Please have your rewards number with you during the time of check in. The front desk will be able to assist you with your request.

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the email I received after following the exact same procedure.

I did really laugh out loud when I read this. I just sent them 4 reservations so we will see what they do. When I called, they said they could not do it.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did really laugh out loud when I read this. I just sent them 4 reservations so we will see what they do. When I called, they said they could not do it.

Who did you call? I have always called the Rewards Customer Service, particularly the number for Elite members.

s1b000

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Who did you call? I have always called the Rewards Customer Service, particularly the number for Elite members.

I think I called the regular MR # as I am not Elite. Anyway, I used the email address given earlier in the thread, and within an hour received confirmation that it had been added to all of my upcoming reservations. Go figure :cheer:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Just used the e-mail to send a request to have my number added to two confirmations. Had a response back in less than a half hour that both were added. Both appear in my Marriott.com account.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but one of the exchanges was an owner deposit and the other a Marriott weeks based bulk. Does anyone else know which ones they were able to get added easily and which ones were more troublesome? I wonder if there is a pattern and if it matters if one is a points based bulk where the five digit Marriott II Unit Code begins with a D?

Last edited:

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott attaching confirmation number [to II Exchanges]

I can't seem to find the email address where I request Marriott to attach my upcoming confirmation number for an interval exchange. They are not able to do it at the regular Marriott reservation number. I thought it was internet.customer.care@marriott.com but it bounced back to me. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find the email address where I request Marriott to attach my upcoming confirmation number for an interval exchange. They are not able to do it at the regular Marriott reservation number. I thought it was internet.customer.care@marriott.com but it bounced back to me. Any suggestions?
I have used exactly the same email address successfully many times before, albeit last time they responded with

We have forwarded your message to our Marriott Vacations Worldwide Customer Care department as they will be better able to assist you. You should be hearing from them shortly. If you would like to contact them directly, you may do so by one of the following:

Phone: 800-860-9384 (toll-free in the United States and Canada)
Email: customer.care@vacationclub.com

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
That email address was working as of mid-April because folks in [link disabled after threads merged] reported success with it.

This issue just continues to be a ridiculous PIA with no rhyme or reason and no consistency among Marriott Rewards or Owner Services personnel. Sometimes X email address works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes Y email address works, sometimes not. Sometime X phone number works, sometimes Y phone number, sometimes "Click to Chat", sometimes not ... and on and on and on. In my case I've never met with success, am right now sitting on an upcoming Phuket Beach Club exchange and have given up.

There is a disconnect in the system whereby if the MR Number of the person who makes the original reservation is attached to it, then it is not automatically deleted or changed when the name on the reservation is changed. So the first MR Number attached to an II confirmation doesn't fall off if, for examples, an owner reserves a Week through Owner Services and deposits it, or if an II exchanger attaches a Guest Certificate to it, or if an exchanger releases a confirmed exchange back to the II pool, or anything else that results in a name change. That's why the official policy is that MR Numbers are not supposed to be attached to any II inventory until the resorts are notified of the actual guest's name, at the earliest by way of the pre-arrival email or at check-in.

Its only effect isn't us not being able to see our own pending II exchanges in the Upcoming Reservations portal in our Marriott Rewards accounts. It sometimes results in the contact and MI account information of anybody whose name is attached during the processes being released to the originator of the reservation. It also can result in the originator seeing a reservation in his/her Upcoming Reservations that s/he's actually given up, and/or an originator getting Elite Night and incidental spend credits for stays which they never make. And, Platinum Marriott Rewards Members may not be offered the guaranteed Arrival Gift or be able to invoke the $100 Guarantee when it's not offered, because how can the check-in personnel know it's supposed to be offered if the MR Number can't be attached? All of these items should be reason enough for MVW and MI to prioritize this as a legitimate problem.

I wish they would fix the disconnect so that either MR Numbers could be changed with each transaction, or, so that every Marriott/II rep would be on the same page and not attach any numbers. Obviously, the first is ideal but IMO if they can't do that then consistency is more important than frustrating us to no end.

Coincidentally, this is something that I've brought to the attention of MVW in the past, and I included another blurb about it in the recent email I've sent about the Banking rules related to the 4/30/15 DC Status Tier changes.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Sometimes the reservations are coded in such a way that it is difficult to find someone who willing or able to add your number in advance. If you are really persistent, and willing to call/email multiple times it usually can be done. If I try calling and emailing once each and still hit a wall, I just give up and wait until I arrive to add it. I always put my Marriott rewards visa down for incidentals and double check my reward number is added. It isn't worth stressing over if I can't get it done in advance. I've never had a problem adding it at check in. In advance I am about 50/50. Some members seem to have much more luck than me.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
That email address was working as of mid-April because folks in [link disabled after threads merged] reported success with it.

This issue just continues to be a ridiculous PIA with no rhyme or reason and no consistency among Marriott Rewards or Owner Services personnel. Sometimes X email address works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes Y email address works, sometimes not. Sometime X phone number works, sometimes Y phone number, sometimes "Click to Chat", sometimes not ... and on and on and on. In my case I've never met with success, am right now sitting on an upcoming Phuket Beach Club exchange and have given up.

There is a disconnect in the system whereby if the MR Number of the person who makes the original reservation is attached to it, then it is not automatically deleted or changed when the name on the reservation is changed. So the first MR Number attached to an II confirmation doesn't fall off if, for examples, an owner reserves a Week through Owner Services and deposits it, or if an II exchanger attaches a Guest Certificate to it, or if an exchanger releases a confirmed exchange back to the II pool, or anything else that results in a name change. That's why the official policy is that MR Numbers are not supposed to be attached to any II inventory until the resorts are notified of the actual guest's name, at the earliest by way of the pre-arrival email or at check-in.

Its only effect isn't us not being able to see our own pending II exchanges in the Upcoming Reservations portal in our Marriott Rewards accounts. It sometimes results in the contact and MI account information of anybody whose name is attached during the processes being released to the originator of the reservation. It also can result in the originator seeing a reservation in his/her Upcoming Reservations that s/he's actually given up, and/or an originator getting Elite Night and incidental spend credits for stays which they never make. And, Platinum Marriott Rewards Members may not be offered the guaranteed Arrival Gift or be able to invoke the $100 Guarantee when it's not offered, because how can the check-in personnel know it's supposed to be offered if the MR Number can't be attached? All of these items should be reason enough for MVW and MI to prioritize this as a legitimate problem.

I wish they would fix the disconnect so that either MR Numbers could be changed with each transaction, or, so that every Marriott/II rep would be on the same page and not attach any numbers. Obviously, the first is ideal but IMO if they can't do that then consistency is more important than frustrating us to no end.

Coincidentally, this is something that I've brought to the attention of MVW in the past, and I included another blurb about it in the recent email I've sent about the Banking rules related to the 4/30/15 DC Status Tier changes.
This is a great summation of the dozens of threads on this topic!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My last 3 email requests with different reservations came back with we will not add Marriott Rewards number to an II reservation. Please request to add the number on your check in. Very annoying.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

The only real benefit that I see is that you can see the reservation on Marriott.com. And perhaps the Platinum Guaranty. As for getting the Platinum Arrival Gift, my experience is that you will still get that when you add your MR number at checkin. Since the guaranty is rarely evoked, I wouldn't count that as a major reason to have to add the number before hand.

My recent experience on adding our number at checkin resulted in the elite night credit being credited a few days after checkout. This used to be one of my favorite topics, but I am not going to stress over adding the number ahead of checkin any longer.

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stopped adding the number. I make a lot of II E-Plus trades and they cannot change the reservation once it is added on Marriott Rewards.com. It just is not worth the time it takes to get the MR number on the II reservations. The only reason I was doing it was to easily see what my travel plans were a year in advance. Because they wouldn't change the reservation on the website after an E-Plus trade it became very confusing.

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well...... just heard back from my email attempt at Marriott internet customer care. This is what they said.

"Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Marriott Customer Care today. You will need to contact the hotel directly to assist with this matter. I am unable to make any changes on your reservation."
Safe travels,
Jacob Young
Marriott Customer Care

Some customer care service that is. So I called the hotel and they can't make changes since it was through Interval. What to do now?

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well...... just heard back from my email attempt at Marriott internet customer care. This is what they said.

"Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Marriott Customer Care today. You will need to contact the hotel directly to assist with this matter. I am unable to make any changes on your reservation."
Safe travels,
Jacob Young
Marriott Customer Care

Some customer care service that is. So I called the hotel and they can't make changes since it was through Interval. What to do now?

When you check in just give them your number.

Safti

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called corporate office who said that they wouldn't attach an interval exchange. That some agents will do it but it's really a policy that they shouldn't. He said "if you want to give yourself a headache and continue calling then you can do that". I said "thanks for the customer care headache". He said" Your welcome and have a pleasant day". That's the world I'm in right now.....

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
The one route I have so far had 100% success rate with, even for 2015 bookings, is the Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite phone line.
Whether this was just luck, whether it will continue or not... we shall see.