• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BCSRentals - Ebay seller

SuperBeav39

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for some help in researching BSCRentals as a timeshare reseller. I recently purchased a timeshare from them but have not yet paid. In doing some due diligence I am becoming nervous about the legitimacy of the company.

Their Ebay user is less than 2 months old. The majority of the feedback is from buying. The only selling feedback is good, but it is limited to two mystery transactions. They have many other timeshares currently listed for sale in various price ranges from various developers.

Their domain, bcsrentalcompany.com , was created May 5th 2015. So, again, less than two months. Their website is "under construction." Although the website was created by a local web development company, so this part actually "smells right" as far as it not being a junk domain.

I have been emailing with a contact there and I asked point blank why their Ebay user and domain were so new and she said they just realized Ebay fees were much cheaper than previous marketing, blah blah. But she did not address why they also have a brand new domain.

I doubt anybody has heard of this seller, so instead I'm wondering what my options are to try to determine if this company is legitimate or not? I have to pay via Cashier's Check or e-check and they are requesting that this payment be sent to their PO Box rather than directly to the closing company. Is this correct?

Thanks for any direction that can be given to me.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I'm looking for some help in researching BSCRentals as a timeshare reseller. I recently purchased a timeshare from them but have not yet paid. In doing some due diligence I am becoming nervous about the legitimacy of the company.

Their Ebay user is less than 2 months old. The majority of the feedback is from buying. The only selling feedback is good, but it is limited to two mystery transactions. They have many other timeshares currently listed for sale in various price ranges from various developers.

Their domain, bcsrentalcompany.com , was created May 5th 2015. So, again, less than two months. Their website is "under construction." Although the website was created by a local web development company, so this part actually "smells right" as far as it not being a junk domain.

I have been emailing with a contact there and I asked point blank why their Ebay user and domain were so new and she said they just realized Ebay fees were much cheaper than previous marketing, blah blah. But she did not address why they also have a brand new domain.

I doubt anybody has heard of this seller, so instead I'm wondering what my options are to try to determine if this company is legitimate or not? I have to pay via Cashier's Check or e-check and they are requesting that this payment be sent to their PO Box rather than directly to the closing company. Is this correct?

Thanks for any direction that can be given to me.

There is no way I'd pay a new seller via cashiers check or echeck.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They currently have a 1 br Platinum at WKV ending tonight. It also says payment by American Express. I would think that would be the safest.

chrono88

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they are real estate agents or brokers, they need to be licensed by their state, so you may be able to ask for their license number and check with the state to see the status of their license.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
They also don't list a closing agent in any of their ads. Likely an oversight on their part. Try to see if you can use your own.

leedaorg

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am watching their WKV listing as well as hilton one and asked estoppel letter right after WKV was listed, only got answer today saying they'll provide it if I win the auction. Only 3 days of auction listing, no answer for 2 days. I am not intetrsted anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperBeav39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update

As an update to this thread, BCSRentals was understanding of my trepidation of sending cash as payment and waited for me to get an AMEX to proceed with the transaction. So as of right now the transaction is in progress.

As a side note, currently I would say that their response time is a little slow and I believe they are just a bit too busy for their own good, but when I was able to speak with a representative (Katie) she was knowledgeable and friendly.

I will keep this thread posted as my sale runs through the process. I didn't want to leave this thread hanging in its current state in case others were using it as a baseline to not do business with this company.

Travelmore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how things are going with your purchase.

I have found a couple of their listings interesting, but haven't placed a bid yet.

Thanks and good luck!

joeyb1180

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo Las Vegas
HGVC on the Boulevard Las Vegas
Update on BCSrentals?

As an update to this thread, BCSRentals was understanding of my trepidation of sending cash as payment and waited for me to get an AMEX to proceed with the transaction. So as of right now the transaction is in progress.

As a side note, currently I would say that their response time is a little slow and I believe they are just a bit too busy for their own good, but when I was able to speak with a representative (Katie) she was knowledgeable and friendly.

I will keep this thread posted as my sale runs through the process. I didn't want to leave this thread hanging in its current state in case others were using it as a baseline to not do business with this company.

Hi SuperBeav39, any update? I'm in the same process with Katie but just started, wanted to know how yours is going. There have been several more auctions completed by them since the date of your post. Thanks!!

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
There seems to be no mention in any post anywhere within this thread regarding the specific identification, selection and use of a closing entity with "BCSRentals".

If buyers have the option to select, pay and use a closing entity of their own choice, that alone provides an adequate and comfortable safety net. Unfortunately, far too many eBay timeshare resellers mandate the use of a closing entity which they (i.e., not the buyer) select. Often this is an entity, whether known or unknown, with which the seller has a cozy (...ahem) "arrangement" to handle all of their closings. Sometimes it's even the very same people involved throughout the entire transaction, merely wearing one cap to be the seller and then donning a different cap to be the closer. If the latter, can you say "our in-house fox handles all of our henhouse matters"? :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't and won't engage in any timeshare transaction unless I can select and use a known closing entity of my choice if I am paying closing costs. YMMV.

It will be interesting to learn the final outcomes of the above transactions in (...maybe) progress with this heretofore unknown entity. :ponder:

Last edited:

gottspd

Reaction score
Hi. Any updates on this seller? Please share both positive and not so positive feedback. Thanks!

SuperBeav39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not so good

It has been over 30 days since they supposedly submitted my paperwork for ROFR with Marriott. I have emailed multiple times over the past week and gotten no reply. It's not looking good.

As theo mentioned, they indeed use a "sister company" to handle the title transfer.

I also asked for an estoppel but didn't really realize what I needed out of it. They had marked both the week and unit as "float" when the unit should have an inventory number. I tried calling Marriott's ROFR department to see if my paperwork was submitted but they won't do anything without an inventory number. I realized this about a week ago and started asking BCS for that number. I got one reply of "I'll look into it" and that was a few days ago.

I'll give it a few more days, but this is likely going down the path of working through AMEX to try to get a refund. I would not suggest doing business with this company.

FWIW, the CC transaction is done through "Vacation Experts International" and there is PLENTY about them on the Internet. Not much of it is good.

gottspd

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for this update. I was bidding on one of their auctions but wasn't feeling good about it so I backed off. Glad I did. I wish you the best of luck resolving this or getting your TS.

SuperBeav39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

Based on further research that I did last night, it looks like this is a very likely rebrand / spinoff of redweekforless. This thread sounds exactly like what I am dealing with: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199772

The good news (hopefully) in that thread is that most everybody got a refund once they involved the BBB or local police. So at least I know what my next best steps are.

gottspd

Reaction score
Based on further research that I did last night, it looks like this is a very likely rebrand / spinoff of redweekforless. This thread sounds exactly like what I am dealing with: http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199772

The good news (hopefully) in that thread is that most everybody got a refund once they involved the BBB or local police. So at least I know what my next best steps are.

Mean people suck. I feel bad for you and the person who "won" the auction I was bidding on...

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Similar m.o. and similarly unacceptable results, but I'm otherwise not at all sure how or why you might conclude that they are one and the same entity.
I hope for your sake that you're mistaken in concluding that BCSRentals is a "rebranded" redweeks4less, although you might well be correct. I dunno, personally. :shrug:

Whether you are correct or not, obscure, unreliable and terminally inept eBay timeshare resellers are a real blight on the resale timeshare landscape.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Many ebay sellers take 90+ to complete a transfer. Spme don't even do anything for the first 30 days or so and this includes requesting an estoppel or sending in ROFR paperwork. It doesn't mean they are redweeks4less. Just that they are one of the less than ideal resellers and it might take a long time and it may end up in a problem closing that takes even longer or never closes at all.

jcontrer814

Reaction score
vp title

Since VP title is referenced in their feedback, I think you can surmise that this is the latest version of redweeksforless

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Since VP title is referenced in their feedback, I think you can surmise that this is the latest version of redweeksforless

You can certainly choose to reach that particular conclusion, but you might perhaps want to also consider that "VP Title" (whether competent or not) may very well also handle transfers for numerous other different (and maybe completely unrelated) resellers too. I dunno --- do you? :shrug:

Last edited:

SuperBeav39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally some action

It's amazing how when you send an email with a deadline for legal action how quickly you get a response. They are saying they are still waiting on a response from Marriott on ROFR (which they shouldn't be) BUT they finally gave me a unit number. The unit is a simple 4 digit number. I know from owning my EOY week that a full inventory number is slightly more complex (ie, mine is KO*XXXX*06*E).

Marriott's resale department is closed currently so I cannot call to check on ROFR paperwork until tomorrow. If I call with a resort, a unit number, a view category, and a usage type is that enough for them to check on paperwork? Or do I need the full "code" for them to do a lookup?

Thanks in advance to anybody that knows this answer. It's my next really big key to determining any legitimacy as to what is going on.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
A suggestion...

<snip> ...They are saying they are still waiting on a response from Marriott on ROFR (which they shouldn't be) BUT they finally gave me a unit number. The unit is a simple 4 digit number. I know from owning my EOY week that a full inventory number is slightly more complex (ie, mine is KO*XXXX*06*E).

Marriott's resale department is closed currently so I cannot call to check on ROFR paperwork until tomorrow. If I call with a resort, a unit number, a view category, and a usage type is that enough for them to check on paperwork? Or do I need the full "code" for them to do a lookup?

Thanks in advance to anybody that knows this answer. It's my next really big key to determining any legitimacy as to what is going on.

Fyi, TUG has a Marriott-specific forum. Your Marriott-specific question is more likely to be seen (and responded to) by someone who knows if posted over there instead. Your Marriott-specific inquiry will otherwise likley just get buried and unseen in this particular thread whose original subject is entirely different and unrelated.

I'm not the Posting Police (and I don't play them on TV either) --- just making a suggestion intended to help you more promptly get an informed reply. ;)

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The first two letters are the resort, then unit number, then deeded week then if it is usage. It also may have a letter for the season thrown in.

What resort? You could probably figure out the code.

SuperBeav39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Going refund route

I demanded the week number and got the following reply:

"We actually can give one or the other, until the deed is recorded. With the week and unit number both, you can simply call the county and get the owner's information, and we have had that happen before, and we have a contract with the seller not to expose their information to anyone until the deed is recorded. <snip> And of course you are fully protected through your credit card, the title company, and through Ebay. You will 100% receive a copy of the deed once it is recorded to you, and of course it floats, but you are guaranteed to get what you pay for. Your ROFR was submitted on 7/9, and the title company is putting the pressure on Marriott to send in the waiver. Sometimes they send it back right on the deadline, other times it is before, and other times it is after. You won't need a refund because you will get what you purchased, but if you don't wish to proceed, it's not problem, we can just inform the title company of the cancellation and they will stop the ROFR, and a refund will be issued back to you. Just please let me know as soon as possible, so that the ROFR can be stopped if you don't wish to proceed."

I then called Marriott's resale department and explained my situation and even though I did not have a week number the representative was very helpful and said two things. 1) If paperwork was submitted on 7-9 it would have been replied to at least a week ago. 2) Nothing with the unit number I gave her was showing up in their system for the past month.

So, as suspected, they don't have the unit and thus never submitted any paperwork. So I replied and asked for an immediate refund with tracking.

Wish me luck!