• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best Bonnet Creek Tower for young children?

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
We will be going to Wyndham Bonnet Creek in December. Nine adults and eight children. The children are six and under and my wife is confined to a wheelchair. So entering/leaving Bonnet Creek will be a major undertaking every day. Any suggestions on the best tower to: 1) ease loading/unloading people/strollers/wheelchair etc; and 2) also closest to pool/lazy river? I think view will be of lesser interest on this trip than location near parking (2 handicap vehicles) and the lazy river. (Will the lazy river be heated in December?)

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Tower 5 has one of the two lazy rivers, and also a zero entry portion of the pool. The pirate pool at tower 6 also has a zero entry. There is a lazy river at the main building, but that seems a little louder and busier than the one at tower 5. They all have pretty nice roundabouts in front of the entries for easy loading and unloading, but tower 6 seems to be busier all the time than tower 5. Tower 5 would be my first choice, then tower 4. 4 is right next door and close enough to the pool at 5, but also has nice close access to the ampitheater and the main building (Puerto de Leon I think is what they call it) for game room, arts and crafts, and sundaes. When they put up bounce houses and that type of thing it is between the main building and tower 1.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Tower 5 has one of the two lazy rivers, and also a zero entry portion of the pool. The pirate pool at tower 6 also has a zero entry. There is a lazy river at the main building, but that seems a little louder and busier than the one at tower 5. They all have pretty nice roundabouts in front of the entries for easy loading and unloading, but tower 6 seems to be busier all the time than tower 5. Tower 5 would be my first choice, then tower 4. 4 is right next door and close enough to the pool at 5, but also has nice close access to the ampitheater and the main building (Puerto de Leon I think is what they call it) for game room, arts and crafts, and sundaes. When they put up bounce houses and that type of thing it is between the main building and tower 1.
Thanks much!! Do you know if the lazy rivers are heated?

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you can be in Tower 6, you will have access to towels, replacement keys, etc. The one year I was there in Tower 2 with our little guys. Our keys deactivated and I had to drag them all over to Tower 6 for that. To get replacement pool towels after a certain time, head over to tower 6. Good pools are by Tower 6 and Tower 5 (which is VERY close to 6, so not a bad location either).

Oh, and the main building also has access to keys, etc.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you can be in Tower 6, you will have access to towels, replacement keys, etc. The one year I was there in Tower 2 with our little guys. Our keys deactivated and I had to drag them all over to Tower 6 for that. To get replacement pool towels after a certain time, head over to tower 6. Good pools are by Tower 6 and Tower 5 (which is VERY close to 6, so not a bad location either).

Oh, and the main building also has access to keys, etc.
Thanks!!! It's going to be a madhouse!!! It's our first time to Bonnet Creek, we are really looking forward to the trip..

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Thanks much!! Do you know if the lazy rivers are heated?

I'm not sure. We've been in mid April and early November for all of our visits, both time frames have been comfortable but that isn't the chillier months. I'm guessing yes, but maybe someone else can confirm.

Good points on the towels and cards at tower 6. I have to say, though, that 6 was just a busier feel than we like with the secondary desk there (and having to walk by the sales-y folks every time we came in, though they left us alone). Plus, it is the biggest and we felt like we were waiting on elevators way more than when we've been in towers 5 and 2.

Oh, and grilling tools. You check those out at the activity desks at 6 and the main building. We pack our own because I don't like having to check them out and return them. They have very nice gas grilling stations, so you may want to plan for that with your crew!

Another thing with kids - you can buy koi food at the activity desk (at least in the main building, I assume both?) so you can feed the fish in the lake. DH and I actually like doing this as adults, kind of a fun and relaxing thing to do :)

We really love this resort! You'll have a great time!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm not sure. We've been in mid April and early November for all of our visits, both time frames have been comfortable but that isn't the chillier months. I'm guessing yes, but maybe someone else can confirm.

Good points on the towels and cards at tower 6. I have to say, though, that 6 was just a busier feel than we like with the secondary desk there (and having to walk by the sales-y folks every time we came in, though they left us alone). Plus, it is the biggest and we felt like we were waiting on elevators way more than when we've been in towers 5 and 2.

Oh, and grilling tools. You check those out at the activity desks at 6 and the main building. We pack our own because I don't like having to check them out and return them. They have very nice gas grilling stations, so you may want to plan for that with your crew!

Another thing with kids - you can buy koi food at the activity desk (at least in the main building, I assume both?) so you can feed the fish in the lake. DH and I actually like doing this as adults, kind of a fun and relaxing thing to do :)

We really love this resort! You'll have a great time!
Thanks again for the great advice. I will probably give WBC a call a week or so before we go to see if we can all be in Tower 5 or 4. We have 2 x 3BRs and 2 x 2BRs and hope to all be in the same tower.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
They have a free shuttle between locations on the resort. It did not take them long to get their and did not pick-up multiple groups of people when I was their. It was a nice resort.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We went in February and stayed in Tower 6. The pools were warm enough to swim in for sure, I don't remember ever using the lazy river but I assume it would be the same as the pools.

liquidmas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed in Towers 4, 5, and 6. The front loading and unloading into the tower is the same. 6 does have a checkin and concierge desk in foyer. Pools and lazy rivers are all heated. I was on backside of 5 12 th floor. We could sit on couch and see Epcot ball lit up and the fireworks at 910pm. Unit quality is same in those 3 towers. Kids will go back and forth between tower 5 lasy river and tower 6 pirate ship pool. My boys go back and forth until tired than want to go to main last river. They have been their 3 times with me and never have asked to go to theme park since they love the outdoor pools.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have stayed in Towers 4, 5, and 6. The front loading and unloading into the tower is the same. 6 does have a checkin and concierge desk in foyer. Pools and lazy rivers are all heated. I was on backside of 5 12 th floor. We could sit on couch and see Epcot ball lit up and the fireworks at 910pm. Unit quality is same in those 3 towers. Kids will go back and forth between tower 5 lasy river and tower 6 pirate ship pool. My boys go back and forth until tired than want to go to main last river. They have been their 3 times with me and never have asked to go to theme park since they love the outdoor pools.
Thanks!! Hopefully we can get 4 or 5.!

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
I'd vote for either 5 or 6. Have 3 kids and we opt. for those.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in Tower 5 last year and had a blast...lazy river right outside the door...zero entry. It is the larger of the 2 lazy rivers too.

We will be there Christmas week next month. I called a few months ago and asked about heated pools. I was told that everything is heated. They also said Christmas last year was in the 80s. Average temp seems to be around mid 70s.

Our kids did not want to leave the resort, they were having so much fun! We had to force them to go to parks because we had prepurchased tickets. Next month we are doing Magic Kingdom one day, Anima Kingdom another, and Islands of Adventure another....the rest of the week we are going to enjoy relaxing at the resort!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks to everyone. We are all in Tower 6, fantastic! They are working on the pool at Tower 5, but everything is great here at Tower 6. Our 2/2’s are high, nice views, our 2x3BR’s are on the first floor, nice back patios that walk right out to the pool. I like the first floor units the best, with the great patios and the 8 grandkids going right out our patio doors to the pool. Thanks again for the advice!

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
call in advance and also request a pool view from either of these two towers. you can see some fireworks from that angle.

PS. lazy river is still closed for repair. They resurfaced the pool and have since filled it. Still waiting on it to open. Should be any day. (We are here right now). :)

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
call in advance and also request a pool view from either of these two towers. you can see some fireworks from that angle.

PS. lazy river is still closed for repair. They resurfaced the pool and have since filled it. Still waiting on it to open. Should be any day. (We are here right now). :)
We are headed down there this Friday...had requested Tower 5 or 6....you think the lazy river at 5 will be back up by then? We stayed in 5 on our last visit and loved "walking out the back door" to the lazy river!

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
We are headed down there this Friday...had requested Tower 5 or 6....you think the lazy river at 5 will be back up by then? We stayed in 5 on our last visit and loved "walking out the back door" to the lazy river!

I would think so. they filled it up with water.

Guessing they are balancing the water and chemicals. I'll check it out today and advise

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would think so. they filled it up with water.

Guessing they are balancing the water and chemicals. I'll check it out today and advise
Thanks very much! We're looking forward to a great time this next week!

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Thanks to everyone. We are all in Tower 6, fantastic! They are working on the pool at Tower 5, but everything is great here at Tower 6. Our 2/2’s are high, nice views, our 2x3BR’s are on the first floor, nice back patios that walk right out to the pool. I like the first floor units the best, with the great patios and the 8 grandkids going right out our patio doors to the pool. Thanks again for the advice!

Glad to hear you're all having a great time! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Thanks very much! We're looking forward to a great time this next week!

still closed as of this evening. Engineering still not giving a date when they will open.

I'll update once I know more. Either way tower 6 pool rocks and has a waterslide which all enjoy.

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
still closed as of this evening. Engineering still not giving a date when they will open.

I'll update once I know more. Either way tower 6 pool rocks and has a waterslide which all enjoy.
Thank you very much!

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
closed as of last night. they were putting mulch, new plants, and removing some old plants in planters & flower areas.

Keep saying it, but any day. :)

PS. Its looking really nice!

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
closed as of last night. they were putting mulch, new plants, and removing some old plants in planters & flower areas.

Keep saying it, but any day. :)

PS. Its looking really nice!

Closed today: 12/21/17 10am

Pool being cleaned by staff (pool nets getting leaves etc. out of river & beach area)
Trimming palm trees (long pole saws)
removing yard debris
straightening chairs
sweeping/blowing leaves

IMHO: looks like final clean​

buckor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Closed today: 12/21/17 10am

Pool being cleaned by staff (pool nets getting leaves etc. out of river & beach area)
Trimming palm trees (long pole saws)
removing yard debris
straightening chairs
sweeping/blowing leaves

IMHO: looks like final clean​
Awesome! We're packing and getting ready to head that direction for a tomorrow check-in.

Thanks for the updates!

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Awesome! We're packing and getting ready to head that direction for a tomorrow check-in.

Thanks for the updates!

you are in luck - its OPEN!!