• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best RCI Resorts?

stevens397

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm used to dealing with II and their resorts. We own at the Manhattan Club and like many people, have found that we have to plan way ahead to secure rooms. We're giving some thought to just reserving a week and trading it, depending on what it can draw.

TimeSharing Today magazine rated MC as one of the most desireable trades out there. My question is what are considered the top five or so RCI resorts and what are my chances of getting them? Pretty much open to travel anywhere for something special.

Many thanks!

Bill4728

Reaction score
IMHO, The TS systems with the highest quality of rooms in RCI are: HGVC and Club Intrawest. But you can see for yourself by going to the TUG ratings of TS and see which ones are rated best in RCI.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There aren't going to many resorts

That it makes sense to use your $1600 plus annual fee week to trade into with RCI.
Your best bet is to get a good reservation, and rent out your week and then use the cash to rent where you want to travel.

Lots of these rent for $300 per night, more on holidays and special weekends.

You should be able to get around $2100 for you week.

fwiw, Greg
I'm used to dealing with II and their resorts. We own at the Manhattan Club and like many people, have found that we have to plan way ahead to secure rooms. We're giving some thought to just reserving a week and trading it, depending on what it can draw.

TimeSharing Today magazine rated MC as one of the most desireable trades out there. My question is what are considered the top five or so RCI resorts and what are my chances of getting them? Pretty much open to travel anywhere for something special.

Many thanks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
i agree rent your NYC week.

If you want to trade in rci you can buy a good trader under 3000.00 with maint fees under 500.00

If you want something more flexible i would get hgvc points. the maint fees are higher but you can do nightly stays and hotel stays

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI Top Ten

I was surprised to see Marriott locations on this list.
Is it just these two that trade into RCI?
B.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I should add the hgvc and marriott top 10 lists as well...just take me a bit to find them all as not all of them have "marriott" or "hgvc" in the title that I am aware of.

and yes 8 of the top 10 marriott locations all trade exclusively with II.

new page...top 10 marriott resorts up

http://tug2.net/marriott_vacation_club_top_10.shtml

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
actually after looking the FF myrtle beach would actually qualify for the number 8 spot (by about 2 tenths of a point)...but it only has 9 reviews.

I believe I made the cutoff at 10 or 15 reviews for the overall top 10 lists.

HGVC at kalia tower would also be well up in the top 10..but it only has 3 reviews.