TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Best source for a Mexico rental?

Discussion in 'Mexico Timesharing' started by akp, Mar 13, 2018.

1. akp

akp TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

My sisters are looking to plan a trip in summer 2019. They're considering either Hawaii or Cabo. I know some places they can look for rental timeshares in Hawaii, but am not sure of a good website / person for Mexico rentals.

Can anyone recommend?

2. T-Dot-Traveller

T-Dot-Traveller TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mayan Palace Regency
    TUG Marketplace has quite a few :
    Mexico - Baja

3. Passepartout

Passepartout TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

We usually either exchange through RCI, or go to VRBO. Or some combination. Summer of '19 is a loooong way off, so you/she has plenty of time to put in searches, or trial reservations, or simply find gthe best places available and reserve them and sit on the ressie. While we were in Mazatlan in January I reserved my time for next January with nothing down. You (she) have time.

4. T_R_Oglodyte

T_R_Oglodyte TUG Lifetime Member

Lately I've been doing much more VRBO, Booking.com, and AirBnB. Last timeshare presentation we went through, in Hawaii, the sales person went ballistic when I showed him that we could get better accommodations for amounts less than or equal to maintenance fees, without even considering purchase price.

I had been thinking about adding one or two timeshare units to our portfolio as we move into retirement (and will be able to travel more), but right now I can't see any reason to so.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    pittle likes this.
  5. pittle

pittle TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Grand Luxxe
    Buganvilias Sky Suites
    Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
    We have started using VRBO over the last few years and my husband has commented more than once that if we had known about them years ago, we would not have bought timeshares. HomeAway is the parent company, so your login and password work on both. Our son has found nice beachfront homes in Hawaii for his family and friends to share. I have found several nice condos in Rosarita Beach and Puerto Vallarta that cost either less or the same as our MF.

6. hurnik

hurnik TUG Member

Redweek is also a place to look at as well, although I believe there's a small fee to do that, but it weeds out the scam artists (mostly) from the free sites.

7. LannyPC

LannyPC TUG Member

Just to clarify, you can join for free to browse what's available (but you have to create an account). If you see something that you like and you want to contact the owner (for rent or for sale) then you have to pay the annual $19 membership fee.

hurnik likes this.
  8. pianoetudes

pianoetudes TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
    I recommend Redweek.com