TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to get rid of a Diamond timeshare

Discussion in 'Diamond Resorts International / Embarc Resorts' started by oneely, Sep 4, 2019.

1. oneely

oneely TUG Member

I recently attended a timeshare presentation at Puebla Bonito Resort in Cabo San Lucas. We told the sales manager we didn't want to buy but were interested in getting rid of our Diamond Resort timeshare points. He said that for less than $1,000 dollars they would have a Company Called Timeshare Exchange Services in Canada, release me from ownership and future maintenance fees. I have looked up TES in many forums and found there are two other companies with the same name in the US. One is in Huntington Beach California and the other is in Levittown PA. The California location has horrible ratings and the Levittown location has mixed ratings. i cannot find any ratings for the Montreal Canada location. Can anyone help me, Are these all the same company operating in different locations or are they different. Are there any ratings for the Canadian Company>

2. Grammarhero

Grammarhero Official TUGBBS Rescission Master TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 434k pts
    Williamsburg Plant, EY 4L/4
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    Intl: Aruba, Aus, Bah, China, Jpn, HK, Macau, Mex
    US: AZ, CA, DC, DE, IL, IN, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    R.J.C. and TUGBrian like this.
  3. clifffaith

clifffaith TUG Member

If your timeshare is paid off and maintenance fees up to date, Diamond will take your retail purchased contracts back -- your cost is $1000 per contract. See the Transitions button in the left column when you log into your account.

TUGBrian likes this.
  4. TheTimeTraveler

TheTimeTraveler TUG Member

Tread VERY carefully. This could be a scam designed to look legitimate....

5. geist1223

geist1223 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Worldmark 89,000
    Seaside Oregon Residence Club
    Diamond Resorts Intermnational Hawaiian Collection 50,000
    Royal Solaris San Jose del Cavo
    I have heard these types of offers in Mexico at many timeshare sales. The odds are you will end up with two timeshares - the new one you just bought and the old one that was suppose to go away.

TheTimeTraveler likes this.
  6. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

yep, these "trade in" schemes never ever work out for owners.

7. Tony Semifero

Tony Semifero Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Polo towers
    Jockey club
    The Club at Cape Cod
    I bought my unit on Ebay. I was at least the 3rd owner out. I submitted my unit for relinquishing. They contacted me about 4 days later and said thet had accepted my unit. $1000. No additional maintenance fees. No next year's fees as has been stated here on TUG forum. I'm waiting for paperwork to come in the mail. Happy to pay $1000 to be done with this one. It's just too expensive for what we get there unfortunately.

That said I wasn't unhappy with the DRI product... just didn't feel it was worth the almost $1200 maintenance fee up from $900 when I bought it about 10 years ago.

This program is direct through Diamond Resorts. Log in the owner portal. There's a link on the home page. So it's not an outside company. I have verified by calling DRI directly.

I'll update when the deal is done or if it doesn't go well.

Good luck!

gratiem, clifffaith and Karen G like this.
  8. clifffaith

clifffaith TUG Member

Good to hear they are taking resale purchases back, although it sounds like you had a fixed week, rather than points?

9. nrosario79

nrosario79 Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Diamond
    Hello everyone,

New member here.
    My wife and I converted from a Diamond sampler to a full membership.
    But due to marriage issues we decided to get rid of the membership.
    We signed the contract two days ago, how can we cancel this.
    We live in Florida and I know there is a buyers remorse rule

Please help.

Grammarhero likes this.
  10. Grammarhero

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 434k pts
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    US: AZ, CA, DC, DE, IL, IN, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV
    Look in the paperwork for the rescission instructions. Both you and your wife must sign the rescission letter. Send certified mail. How much would rescission save you?

11. CalGalTraveler

CalGalTraveler TUG Member

Welcome to TUG. You only have a few days or you are stuck so have both buyers sign a letter of rescission per the instructions in the contract. Mail with tracking to the address indicated on the contract so you can track and have evidence of the date mailed. Do not call the sales rep or sales office they will try to talk you out of it or worse delay a response so you get past your rescission date.

Rescind now.

12. R.J.C.

R.J.C. Guest

If I remember correctly, in Florida, you have 7 calendar days to rescind a timeshare purchase but it depends on where you made the purchase, not where you live.

13. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Never buy one or never attend one of their sales presentation.

14. Tony Semifero

Tony Semifero Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Polo towers
    Jockey club
    The Club at Cape Cod
    Correct. I own a fixed week.

For $1000 still on being done... they just requested extra information (marital status, legal names etc) paperwork supposed to arrive soon.

Will update again on process and/or any glitches

clifffaith likes this.
  15. Grammarhero

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 434k pts
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    @nrosario79
    We hope that your rescission went well enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS. Solely to track how much TS owners have saved, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of all tuggers initially bought developer/resort TS, there is no shaming.

16. janej

janej Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I also tried transition and was told they don't take resale weeks. Here is one of the condition:

You must have purchased your vacation ownership directly from Diamond Resorts or from a predecessor whose developer rights were acquired by Diamond Resorts. Members and owners who have inherited or been gifted a vacation ownership from family will qualify if their family members would have qualified.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  17. chapjim

chapjim TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham PresRes, Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (4), some others.
    Interesting. The DRI website says Transitions is good only for contracts purchased from DRI (with a few relaxations).

18. Grammarhero

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 434k pts
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    @nrosario79
    We hope that your rescission went well and enjoying life without the financial burden of a developer/resort TS. Solely to track how much TS owners have saved, mind sharing how much you saved with rescission? As half of all tuggers initially bought developer/resort TS, there is no shaming.