• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

"BEWARE" of your CarFax Report

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We saw this one on Autotrader. When we looked on line we quickly realized used SUVs were expensive and it was hard to find one in our price range. I feel once we start looking at cars in the $20,000+ price range we night as well by a new one. This is the only one that fit the bill that we could find. We will be lucky to get it with 33,000 miles, 2016, $16,500, non-certified. Most others had high mileage already or were older with low mileage but even more expensive. Maybe get a year out of the warranty. Plus, in NY we have to add tax, which makes it even more expensive. We were really hoping we wouldn't have to buy another car until retirement because of all the mileage we have to put on the cars due to work. We wanted to buy our next car when we moved to New Hampshire and would avoid the tax. We will be lucky to even have any of our cars by the time we retire. And we keep them long and until high mileage is on them. With this car, will have owned 15 in our 40 years of marriage! All mainly due to work! All that money I should have really taken a bunch of years off work-would have made out the same! Wouldn't have needed that many cars!

Meanwhile, yesterday the dealer tried to get me to take out the 2.49% financing- that I "would be better off". Really? I am getting .75% on my savings! Don't think so! I know they skim off the top and make money on the financing. No thanks. I'll pay cash, even though I hate to part with my money all at once. I'll work on "paying myself back". Might have bitten for 1%.
Don't forget to also look at swapalease. Sometimes I see some pretty good $ there. Basically the buyer takes over the lease and at end of the lease, buyer may pay for the balance if buyer wants to keep the car. I have seen some good offers thrown in by "seller" where the "seller" just wants out. Check for accidents of course...