• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

bHC and NYC Properties in 2020

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana

Thanks @ski_sierra for posting.

In a similar vein to @alwysonvac open season thread, I thought I'd start a thread on bHC/NYC for 2020.

A few items stand out:

1) The newest properties, 5th at Central and The Quin, have a 90 day club season window compared to 60 day for Residences/District/W57. Owners only for HGNY. With bHC priority window set at 90 to 104 days that means that 5th and Quin owners need to reserve before 104 days to have unfettered access to reservations. Whereas W57 has up to 60 unfettered and the other bHC NYC have up to 75 days.

2020 Reservation Windows.JPG

2) Liberty place in Charleston and Bay Club Odawara have no home resort priority window therefore club starts at 9 months. So how does that differ than club? IDK. Perhaps the difference is that they receive bHC points instead club points enabling them to book earlier during the bHC property windows, 50:1 HGVC conversion rate, and all-inclusive (free) reservations?

3) I did not see any 2 bedrooms listed for The Quin in the points chart. Either 2 bdrms are not built yet or they held those back to sell as whole condos. Residing on Billionaires Row, could it have been more lucrative to sell the entire 2 bdrm condos as wholly owned? If no 2 bdrms the only 2 bedrooms on HGVC Manhattan are at HCNY which can only be obtained via RCI or renting from an owner.

4) No points listing for newest properties such as bHC Cabo or Waikiki. Any other properties missing?

2020 Central 5th and Quin Points Charts.JPG

Last edited:

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
2) Liberty place in Charleston and Bay Club Odawara have no home resort priority window therefore club starts at 9 months. So how does that differ than club? IDK. Perhaps the difference is that they receive bHC points instead club points enabling them to book earlier during the bHC property windows, 50:1 HGVC conversion rate, and all-inclusive (free) reservations?

The point structure for both Liberty Square and the Okinawa resort are huge. 10,500 - 12,600 points for a 2 br platinum week. 14,400 for a 1 br at Okinawa. I know these are skewed higher with bHC, but it keeps with the points structures even for the new regular HGVC resorts.

I'm not complaining, but I'm not sure why HGVC would open up these bHC properties to regular HGVC at 9 months. I'm trying to figure out the angle here. Is that 15 day bHC booking advantage at The District, The Quin and Central a big deal? How does this encourage owners to purchase bHC? Are they trying to make it more difficult to book at these places at 9 months so they will buy there? Going by other bHC properties, low MF's aren't a reason why. My curiousity is peaked on this.

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
I think they want to increase non-bHC traffic to newest NYC locations for sales opportunities. I don’t think the extra 15 day windows is a big deal, but the wide open club season for central and Quin will be. Hopefully - make short notice bookings at HCNY and West 57th easier.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I think they want to increase non-bHC traffic to newest NYC locations for sales opportunities. I don’t think the extra 15 day windows is a big deal, but the wide open club season for central and Quin will be. Hopefully - make short notice bookings at HCNY and West 57th easier.

The Quin and Central do have a greater window than W57 and The District, but only by 30 days (89 days compared to 59, respectively), but why 9 months for Liberty and Okinawa?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
It seems to me in the past limited access to bHC for us HGVC commoners was rationed (in part) by the short club season window. More inventory is now coming and my guess is we will see more availability as access is rationed by the bHC properties requiring a lot of points.

The @dayooper’s point that extending the club season may not encourage more people to want priority booking through bHC ownership is right. The other side of that coin is it will help them on the HGVC sales side. Anyone wanting to make use of the now longer club season for these new bHC clubs will certainly need a lot more points even if the (relative) cheaper HGVC variety.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
FWIW...I believe Club Odawara is located by Mt Fuji and is not the upcoming Okinawa property which is not listed yet.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Honestly, I can not figure out what HGV is doing with bHC and HGVC properties. It just doesn't make sense. I can not figure out several things besides what you have already pointed out. For example, why is Chicago in HGVC and Cabo in bHC. The one thing that I do see is HGV is increasing the point requirements of the newer properties. This lowers the MF/point, but you will sure burn up a lot of points if you book your home week. Now some 3BRs are around 30K where at Valdoro it is 8400 points. It also seems that HGV is following us here on TUG removing the advantages that we have figured out.

Just some random thoughts.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
It also seems that HGV is following us here on TUG removing the advantages that we have figured out.

I am shocked the Scotland authorized resale path to Elite is still around. In some ways all this point inflation bothers me, but for the major urban resorts and Barbados I get why they are doing it.

As a mere HGVC mortal, I like the move to expand club season at bHC properties. If I owned bHC, my emotions would be more mixed.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I am shocked the Scotland authorized resale path to Elite is still around. In some ways all this point inflation bothers me, but for the major urban resorts and Barbados I get why they are doing it.

As a mere HGVC mortal, I like the move to expand club season at bHC properties. If I owned bHC, my emotions would be more mixed.

If I just purchased 5th or Quin for $100k and found out that my reservation window is good only until 107 days out and could use club points. I would not be happy. W57 Owners and HCNY have the most reservation rights exclusivity. The new properties will take pressure off of close-in reservations for our property

Last edited:

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
W57 Owners and HCNY have the most reservation rights exclusivity. The new properties will take pressure off of close in reservations for our property

That sounds intuitive, but I am not sure it will turn out that way. As a mere mortal HGVCer wanting to spend points in NYC for a specific long weekend ... I would book 5th as early as possible if I had the points. But you can bet if W57th had availability when it’s club season opened for the same weekend I would rejigger my reservations to burn fewer points and stay at W 57th. In my view W57th and the Residences may become to NYC what Lagoon Tower is to HHV.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
That sounds intuitive, but I am not sure it will turn out that way. As a mere mortal HGVCer wanting to spend points in NYC for a specific long weekend ... I would book 5th as early as possible if I had the points. But you can bet if W57th had availability when it’s club season opened for the same weekend I would rejigger my reservations to burn fewer points and stay at W 57th. In my view W57th and the Residences may become to NYC what Lagoon Tower is to HHV.

My impression is that Central at 5th is similar point-wise to W57. Residences is on average slightly higher because it doesn't have studio plus units. Quin is another story...

tombanjo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HCNY
Here is the number of rooms from the sticky.

The Hilton Club—New York Developed New York, NY 127
West 57th Street by Hilton Club DevelopedNew York, NY 166
The Residences by Hilton Club DevelopedNew York, NY 47
The Quin Central Park by Hilton Club Developed New York, NY 208

The Central probably is similar to Quin.

so, 340 rooms currently, over 800 on completion. While I am sure demand will increase, not all units will be sold immediately. So, the bigger club window might be to insure rooms are full as owners might not be numerous enough to fill them by themselves. From a new owners perspective, they may have choice pickings for a few years if they book early.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hrom a new owners perspective, they may have choice pickings for a few years if they book early.

As a NYC owner (W. 57th), I'd say that it is pretty much always the case that owners have choice pickings if booking early. Even when there were just HCNY and W. 57th (meaning we had access only to W. 57th), we were able to get any room we wanted any time of year if we booked at/near the opening of the Home Resort Priority period, i.e. 276 days out. And this includes the relatively scarce Studio Premier. I expect that that will not change for any owner in NYC at their home property.

Cheers.