• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Blocking numbers on a flip phone

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
i cannot figure out how to do it. 608 408 2282 calls several times a day. When I answer, no one is there. When I try to call it, I get the message it is no longer in service. In addition we get a lot of texts. I would like to block those also.
I do have a smart phone, I can block on that phone. It is on the do not call list.

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Varies by device, but perhaps you can save it in your contacts and assign a 'silent' ring tone?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Did you Google to find out if you can do it?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Who is your carrier? Are you using a pay as you go service like GoPhone or PagePlus? DW and I both have PagePlus. I am not aware of any way to do it, but I really haven't tried.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Verizon is carrier, it is not pay as you go. Noonehas the number except me, so we are getting calls from previous owner of the number, who was apparently trying to find a job and has teenage girlfriends who send pictures with their tongues out.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call Verizon or visit one of their stores and they should tell you how to do that. Tmobile is very good about that. If you have an iPhone it is easy by going to recent calls, hitting “I” and than block calls. Other phones are similar.

Of other note, I just downloaded a great ap called “Hiya” that blocks all spam and telemarketing calls. It has been working great.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I get several phone calls like that on my Ooma (internet) numbers ... which do NOT cost me any minutes or money.

As for my cell phones ... every spam call, gets assigned a spam1, spam2, etc label in my call directory. And I try VERY HARD to not give out my cell 'contract' Verizon number ...but rather my 'per minute' phones. I have one minute phone for my 'need' to answer and one number, for "window signs" .. I call them back when not driving or when I have paper & pen for notes.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Depends on what model of phone you have. I know it’s a flip phone but if your settings have the “Do not disturb” setting available this is the best way to block calls. I have mine set to only let calls through from people in my contacts list 24hrs a day. This was important to us since we use that mobile as our home phone number. No landline. Your phone will not ring and if the call is important enough they will leave you a message. You can also block the same number on messages.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
None of those settings are available. We have had this number about six months. My husband has not made or received a call yet on it. I have a Jared time getting him to carry it. The phone is really just so he can call me in an emergency, and I can reach him. My daughter is looking into a watch that you can make or receive up to five numbers. It has some other functions. She bought one for my eight year old grandson. We are sticking with flip phone because when you open it, you are ready to answer a call. My husband can't work the answer swipe on my android. Hecwnt hear much either.