• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen owner

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
yes- they won't count toward bronze, silver, etc but other than that they will be treated the same.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
so i purchase resale bluegreen points from trust fund E and sales type A, will these points be accessed on the same account and way that my current ownership points are accessed?
Yes, you will see them added to your account. Currently you have two weeks in there, when your new ownership is added you will see the listing in the same way.

fredmotola

Reaction score
I am new to TUG. I have spent some time now reading through a lot of the forms and I have a little bit of an information overload. I'm full of questions but ill try to narrow down a few in a single post. Interestingly, I was recommended to this website by a salesperson as a presentation over the weekend.

The initial question I have for PUG is help understanding what exactly I own, what it means, and what I can do with it outside of blue-green itself. I have listed my information below. through reading the forms I see that the purchasing of ownership in the way I did was not the optimal way to enter into a timeshare, but its done and past being able to get out of it. I don't have any complaints about what my current ownership has allowed me to do thus far, just unfortunate I bought the way I did with what I'm learning about the resale market. I am looking for some advice on how to utilize what I currently have. I feel confident using my points through the Bluegreen points system, but am unclear how my units and Bluegreen points transition into something like RCI.

I have been a Bluegreen owner for a little over a year now. We initially bought an ownership out of a sampler package for a 10,000 points EOY. 6 months later we upgraded to 8,000 every year. our weeks listen in our contract are listed as 2348/25F and 2436B/45F. These are deeded at big cedar in Branson with wilderness club.

the break down of my maintenance fees are 645 for the week 25 unit and 171 for week 45. If I'm reading my contract right, they are both 1bd or studio.

Lastly, I apologize for my ignorance and look forward to rectifying that with the help of TUG.

Typically, the WCBC deed unit numbers have and A or B behind them followed by BC.

If 2436B/45F is correct, that is 3000 points, studio week. And if your total is 8000, then 2348/25F is 5000 points, which is a studio week, so more correctly it is 2348B/25F.
B's are studios, A's are 1BRs.

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score
is there a way to permanently put my Bluegreen points into RCI in a way that I can build up a balance to save for a specific stay?
As others have said there is no permanent way to have your points put into RCI. And if there was, there would be no way for you to go to any BG resort without paying the high RCI fee.

But I understand there is a workaround that might help you achieve your goals when you want to trade with RCI and do not have enough BG points. The workaround is to make an RCI reservation using X BG points and then after a day or so, cancel the RCI reservation. Your BG points stay with RCI, they do not go back to your BG account (which makes sense since the BG week given to RCI might already have been reserved by someone else). Then when you get your next batch of points, make another reservation using Y BG points and then cancel. Then you hopefully have enough BG points (X + Y) deposited with RCI to get the higher point reservation you want. I have never done this and there might be a "gotcha" in there that I don't know about, so be sure that you hear from someone who has actually done this before you try it.

Another method is not a workaround. When your points are added to your account then pay the next year's fees and borrow those points. Now you have two years of points in your account and you can then get the higher point value RCI stay that you want. Of course, in one year you have to pay fees twice, but then it is once a year after that if you keep borrowing.

The third method has already been mentioned many times. Buy resale points. You can get them for pennies on the dollar (if that much). And since you have Trust Fund E, Sales Type A, you can buy any Trust Fund E points. They don't have to be Sales Type A. BG will convert other Sales Types in Trust Fund E into Sales Type A. But do not buy in other Trust Funds because those will NOT be converted. (One proviso, you might find a resort,unit,week you really want to use using the 13 month rule. Then paying a higher MF for that week might be worth it to you.)

Charles

douglasgage

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This has been a useful exchange, I have been trying to understand Bluegreen for my brother who owns Bluegeen but has been out to sea on it. This helps but still confusing. I have found that Bluegreen has fairly good "how to" resources on their site, but this discussion will really help. One confusion I have been trying to unravel has to do with buying BG points as mentioned in the last couple of items. Through the BG "chat" function we were told that they cannot be purchased (as in an aftermarket). However, some are for sale on Redweek. Pursuing one for more information I was told that for $974 for real estate fees and a fee to BG, plus the point price, they could be had. Three exchanges later with the RE agent involved (difficult to get precise answers from him), it appears that you get the points but have to pay the yearly maintenance fees-forever after. What happened to the original property was left unclear...does the seller still own it but no longer has maintenance fees etc, etc. Only point sale was advertised, not TS-!? Any of this make sense?

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
so i purchase resale bluegreen points from trust fund E and sales type A, will these points be accessed on the same account and way that my current ownership points are accessed?
The sales type will not matter, the Trust Fund being E is what does matter. The sales type tells you when you pay, the Trust Fund tells you how much.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you do make a reservation with RCI then cancel a few days later the points will be in the RCI account for 2 years only, not forever. I can't remember what happens to that exchange fee you paid when you made the reservation. I have read two different scenarios and don't remember which is correct so I won't say either.

There are two webinars on the Bg site on using RCI, have a look at them.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This has been a useful exchange, I have been trying to understand Bluegreen for my brother who owns Bluegeen but has been out to sea on it. This helps but still confusing. I have found that Bluegreen has fairly good "how to" resources on their site, but this discussion will really help. One confusion I have been trying to unravel has to do with buying BG points as mentioned in the last couple of items. Through the BG "chat" function we were told that they cannot be purchased (as in an aftermarket). However, some are for sale on Redweek. Pursuing one for more information I was told that for $974 for real estate fees and a fee to BG, plus the point price, they could be had. Three exchanges later with the RE agent involved (difficult to get precise answers from him), it appears that you get the points but have to pay the yearly maintenance fees-forever after. What happened to the original property was left unclear...does the seller still own it but no longer has maintenance fees etc, etc. Only point sale was advertised, not TS-!? Any of this make sense?

Yes, you can buy resale points but all transactions have to go through Bg. If you are dealing with a real estate agent that wants $974 plus the $500 Bg transfer fee you will be paying too much and might want to look elsewhere for points. I got mine on eBay. There are several groups on FaceBook that sell them. One is Bluegreen Timeshare Reslaes. Join there and read the files for info on what you are buying and how to do it.

The Bluegreen Vacation Club own the actual deeds so those are not changing hands, all we own is rights in a vacation club to use the points we purchased, no real estate.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In my view the best way for Bg owner to use RCI is to take advantage of the special cash sales they run as well as Extra Vacations and Last Call.

If you have Traveler's Plus with Bg you can also use Hot Weeks which run you 3,000 points and are really RCI inventory,

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you do make a reservation with RCI then cancel a few days later the points will be in the RCI account for 2 years only, not forever. I can't remember what happens to that exchange fee you paid when you made the reservation. I have read two different scenarios and don't remember which is correct so I won't say either.

There are two webinars on the Bg site on using RCI, have a look at them.
When you cancel an RCI exchange you lose the exchange fee which is currently $239. Ouch!

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
... If you are dealing with a real estate agent ... plus the $500 Bg transfer fee you will be paying too much ...

The Bluegreen Vacation Club own the actual deeds so those are not changing hands, all we own is rights in a vacation club to use the points we purchased, no real estate.

When buying resale points, is a real estate agent or even a transfer company needed? Since there is no real estate transaction, their is no title search or deed recording involved. Can we just make the transfer of points with a Bluegreen form and their transfer fee?

Note: when I got my BG points from a family friend in 2013, Bluegreen customer service said we had to use a title company and they gave us a recommended firm. Now that I've become educated about trust fund points, I don't think the title company was necessary.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When buying resale points, is a real estate agent or even a transfer company needed? Since there is no real estate transaction, their is no title search or deed recording involved. Can we just make the transfer of points with a Bluegreen form and their transfer fee?

Note: when I got my BG points from a family friend in 2013, Bluegreen customer service said we had to use a title company and they gave us a recommended firm. Now that I've become educated about trust fund points, I don't think the title company was necessary.

Bg uses two different companies to do the paper work but you go through Bg for the process. If the sale is between two family members it is not subject to ROFR and you could start with one of the two title companies but there will be an extra fee. Sterling Title is the one I'm familiar with and the owner is very efficient and helpful.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When you cancel an RCI exchange you lose the exchange fee which is currently $239. Ouch!
Do you remember what I may have been reading about where they were talking about getting the exchange fee refunded? Was it on going searches that don't get filled?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you remember what I may have been reading about where they were talking about getting the exchange fee refunded? Was it on going searches that don't get filled?
If you set up an ongoing search and then cancel it your exchange fee is credited to your RCI account. You have to call to have it put back to your credit card in most cases.
If you make an exchange and cancel it after the first 24 hours you lose the exchange fee.

I mention this because in the past, if you took the RCI cancelation insurance you got back your week (now TPUs/points) AND your exchange fee.
Now you only get points back.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a question, what does an Ascend resort mean, what is Ascend?

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a question, what does an Ascend resort mean, what is Ascend?

Ascend is one of the brand names for Choice Hotels. Bluegreen has an arrangement with Choice whereby members can convert their BG points into hotel points. In exchange, Choice lists many/most/all(?) Bluegreen resorts as rentals in the "Assend Collection". For Bluegreen this is a marketing channel such that someone goes to the Choice website, makes a reservation at a BG resort and at checkin gets hit-up for a sales presentation. Marriott Vacations claims that such a channel (coming from the Marriott Hotel side) is very important to their sales. Bluegreen is emulating that model.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
As a Shell Vacations Club owner let me make you aware of a Blue-green opportunity that will probably end in 2020. (Wyndham is taking away most non SVC resort options to force people into their Club Wyndham Plus program to get access to the Shell properties for their other Wyndham owners.)

At this time, SVC and Bluegreen have a partnership which SVC calls Select Connections.

As an SVC Owner, it lets me make reservations at Bluegreen resorts using my SVC points. I assume that blue green owners can reserve SVC resorts using their Bluegreen points.

SVC has popular resorts in Napa, San Francisco, San Diego and Hawaii.

I have used the program to stay at The Hotel Blake, a Bluegreen resort in Chicago.

Last edited:

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a Shell Vacations Club owner let me make you aware of a Blue-green opportunity that will probably end in 2020.

Thanks for the heads up. With an active Traveler Plus membership at Bluegreen, we can use "Direct Exchange" to secure reservations at partner companies (Grand Pacific Resorts, Raintree Vacation Club, Shell Vacations Club) and hotels in the Choice Ascend Collection. I have resale points and therefore no Traveler Plus. But I've read in other forums that it is very difficult to find availability at Grand Pacific, Raintree, and Shell resorts.

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score
But I've read in other forums that it is very difficult to find availability at Grand Pacific, Raintree, and Shell resorts.
It makes sense that it would be difficult. The only reason for these joint ventures is to get someone outside of the Club to use inventory that most Club members do not want, ie. off season. That being said, it does provide an opportunity to go somewhere outside of their Club. As a Bluegreen owner I was able to go to a Shell resort in Door County in the Fall but after leaf season. I am sorry to learn about Shell being sold!

Charles

CharlesS

TUG Member
Reaction score

No real estate agent is needed. No title insurance is needed.

The only fee that is required is Bluegreen’s transfer fee. I have purchased off eBay and someone I just met. Bluegreen won’t let you do it if there is a mortgage or if fees aren’t paid. Paperwork is on BG website and is very easy!

Charles