• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bluegreen Vacations South Mountain recomendation

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello, we booked a 1 bedroom condo for the New Year's week at Bluegreen Vacations South Mountain.
Any recommendations in terms of condo type, view/ building, must do while we are there?
I read that few years ago they were renovating the condos. Are all of them renovated now?
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will write something up for you when I get back in front of a PC. For now...ages in your group? Do you partake in winter activities? Ski, snowmobile, snow shoe. Etc.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will write something up for you when I get back in front of a PC. For now...ages in your group? Do you partake in winter activities? Ski, snowmobile, snow shoe. Etc.
2 small kids, 5 and 7 taking ski lessons (they are getting better or at least they were last winter). Snowshoeing is nice. I am a skier, my wife not so much.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Ok, here is the scoop for NYE with kids in Lincoln.

South Mountain - very nice resort right in town. They have their original building and they put on a new wing to that about 3 years ago. Most of their 1BR units are the same (and you will be happy with them). There are I think 4 1BR units that sleep 6 - these are rare and consist of a room with a day bed in it. (it really is like a 2nd bedroom). If you reservation says sleeps 6 you may have been lucky to get. I don't believe you can request it if you only have sleeps 4 on your reservation. If I were to stay there, the only requests I would make is a unit with an oven (not all units have) and a balcony. I just like having a balcony - not really a need in the winter though.

Area - the resort is right in town. You can walk or take a 2 minute car ride to restaurants, grocery, movie theatre and even a small live theatre at Jeans Playhouse (sometimes during school breaks they have family friendly things like magicians).

Skiing: Loon is right down the street, Cannon and Waterville are about 15 minutes away and Brettonwoods is about 30. We always drive to Brettonwoods. Less crowed, more terrain, better snow. Also, they have an incredible Jr. Pass program. Basically rent your kids equipment for the year at a participating ski shop and get a season pass for your kids that offers perks like $15 off adult tickets. Last year we paid $199 for brand new equipment lease for the season and she skied free all year long! https://www.brettonwoods.com/juniorpass

NYE: Not too much in the immediate area for celebrations with kids. Waterville Valley a couple exits away usually has fireworks, and Riverwalk resort (right next door to SM) has had them too in the past. I would make the trip to Santa's Village for their NYE celebration, that it what we have done the last couple years and the kids will LOVE it. Tickets usually sell out before the event, but well worth it. Yes, it can be cold - but if you got all your ski gear and some hand/feet warmers you won't even notice. Just about all their rides are open, all food is included and they have a long firework display. This I would say is a must do. https://www.santasvillage.com/park-info-tickets/special-events/

If the weather is cold enough the Ice Castles may be open by then. https://icecastles.com/lincoln/

Snowmobiling: We take tours with: http://sledventures.net/ Our DD loves it - not sure if they have an age restriction for the passenger. They usually have awesome deals on groupon.

Ice Skating: Riverwalk next door offers and I think Loon Mtn still does.

Sledding: The Kanc Rec Center in Lincoln offers.

If the kids need to burn off some steam - this place offers drop in play time a few times a week: https://www.livealittlefitness.com/kids-programs

Ok, that should give you a good start. Let me know any specific questions you may have, happy to help.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

South Mountain - very nice resort right in town. They have their original building and they put on a new wing to that about 3 years ago. Most of their 1BR units are the same (and you will be happy with them). There are I think 4 1BR units that sleep 6 - these are rare and consist of a room with a day bed in it. (it really is like a 2nd bedroom). If you reservation says sleeps 6 you may have been lucky to get. I don't believe you can request it if you only have sleeps 4 on your reservation. If I were to stay there, the only requests I would make is a unit with an oven (not all units have) and a balcony. I just like having a balcony - not really a need in the winter though.

Area - the resort is right in town. You can walk or take a 2 minute car ride to restaurants, grocery, movie theatre and even a small live theatre at Jeans Playhouse (sometimes during school breaks they have family friendly things like magicians).

Skiing: Loon is right down the street, Cannon and Waterville are about 15 minutes away and Brettonwoods is about 30. We always drive to Brettonwoods. Less crowed, more terrain, better snow. Also, they have an incredible Jr. Pass program. Basically rent your kids equipment for the year at a participating ski shop and get a season pass for your kids that offers perks like $15 off adult tickets. Last year we paid $199 for brand new equipment lease for the season and she skied free all year long! https://www.brettonwoods.com/juniorpass

NYE: Not too much in the immediate area for celebrations with kids. Waterville Valley a couple exits away usually has fireworks, and Riverwalk resort (right next door to SM) has had them too in the past. I would make the trip to Santa's Village for their NYE celebration, that it what we have done the last couple years and the kids will LOVE it. Tickets usually sell out before the event, but well worth it. Yes, it can be cold - but if you got all your ski gear and some hand/feet warmers you won't even notice. Just about all their rides are open, all food is included and they have a long firework display. This I would say is a must do. https://www.santasvillage.com/park-info-tickets/special-events/

If the weather is cold enough the Ice Castles may be open by then. https://icecastles.com/lincoln/

Snowmobiling: We take tours with: http://sledventures.net/ Our DD loves it - not sure if they have an age restriction for the passenger. They usually have awesome deals on groupon.

If the kids need to burn off some steam - this place offers drop in play time a few times a week: https://www.livealittlefitness.com/kids-programs

Ok, that should give you a good start. Let me know any specific questions you may have, happy to help.
our reservation mentions sleep 4. So if i understand correctly, all the condos are the same quality, they are all renovated? I will take your advice and ask for a unit with an oven. it is not mandatory but nice to have! Thank you so much!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
2 small kids, 5 and 7 taking ski lessons (they are getting better or at least they were last winter). Snowshoeing is nice. I am a skier, my wife not so much.

If you have snowshoes (or can rent them), you can take them up into Franconia Notch and walk The Basin. Or head up the trail to Cherry Pond National Wildlife Refuge.

Or even on trails off the Kancamaugus Highway. Or Great Glenn Trails. You can also take a ride over to North Conway for shopping and restaurants as well. You can ice skate in Schouler Park right in downtown North Conway.

Cranmore Mountain has a tubing park and also there is a snow coach you can take up Mt. Washington.You can rent snowmobiles in the area is you wish.

Dog sledding is awesome as well.(Muddy Paw Sled Dogs)

Then there is zip lining, horse drawn sleighs, plenty to do in winter.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
thank you everyone. We are getting close so now i am getting excited about the trip

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

thank you again. we have arrived here today and we are having a good time. We got one of the bigger 1 bdr, it is indeed like a 2 bdr because it does have a separate second bedroom even if just with a small twin bed.

We booked 2 full days of ski lessons for the kids at Cannon, 9:30 to 3:30, the price is not bad for the whole day, $392 total 2 kids 2 days (it includes a discount for consecutive days) and it includes lunch, some snacks. The rental price/ski tickets you mentioned is great but i wanted the ski lessons for the kids and because we live in Canada so i do not want to deal with the rental, especially that we have the skis with us.

We will also go hiking probably Flume Trail. The weather is not great for skiing at this time, not a lot of snow and it actually rained Yesterday (we were not here). But i am still sure we will love it.

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
the sales offices are adjacent to the lobby so we could see there was a lot of activity today. When we came back from skiing a couple had just bought... i felt bad for them. Does anyone know how much would cost to buy from Bluegreen a 1 or 2 bedroom EY high season?

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
oh, i think i found the info online, the developer seems to sell at around 3 dollars a point

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are back home. We absolutely loved the area, so many things to do. We probably did a very small fraction of what we could have done... but we will go back. As a matter of fact we already booked another vacation there!

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
We are back home. We absolutely loved the area, so many things to do. We probably did a very small fraction of what we could have done... but we will go back. As a matter of fact we already booked another vacation there!
That's the best...a vacation that leaves you wanting to go back. We've vacationed just south of there for over 17 years, two or even three times a year...and we still love that area. Glad you had a great time!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Thanks for the review! I am a Bluegreen owner and hope to go to South Mountain in the future. Bluegreen resales can be found for a small fraction of the cost of buying from Bluegreen sales. The only negative to a first time owner is that with a resale, you only get Bonus Time at the resort you bought resale. However, if you own another week or points that you bought from the developer or I think, a qualified re-sale purchase from Pinnacle, you would have access to Bonus Time for all Bluegreen properties. We like Bonus Time more than actually using our week in Bluegreen.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I would have loved to own a fixed week at South Mountain but there doesn't seem to be any since it changed from Innseason to Blue Green. I don't do points .

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I would have loved to own a fixed week at South Mountain but there doesn't seem to be any since it changed from Innseason to Blue Green. I don't do points .

Yes, I'm beginning to think that once we've determined what we will really use repeatedly, that fixed weeks are better too. We can always deposit with an exchange company if we don't want to go in a given year.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We ate at the following restaurants, all within 5 minutes walking distance:
Gypsy cafe. Great food, great atmosphere, great service, not expensive. The manu is relatively varied with some Tex-Mex, Asian, Middle Eastern etc dishes.
Flapjack's Pancake House. Great typical brunch, not expensive. The service is also good.
Thai 6. We really enjoyed all the dishes. Typical Thai, prices mid-range i would say (for the area). I am not sure about the atmosphere and service, we had a take out the first evening we got to Lincoln
La Vista. Italian, more upscale, part of the new Riverwalk resort. The dishes are good in general but a bit overpriced. We ate a very early New Year's eve dinner (because of the kids). The pork osso buco was very tasty, the octopus delicious.

The grocery store (Price Chopper) is also about 5 minutes walk. The fastest way is to take the road on the back of the resort (the road between SM and Riverwalk).
The resort did not feel too busy even on the weekend preceding the NY. To my surprise, right after the NY the resort seemed rather empty. The condition of the snow, not great for skiing that week, might have played a role though.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We ate at the following restaurants, all within 5 minutes walking distance:
Gypsy cafe. Great food, great atmosphere, great service, not expensive. The manu is relatively varied with some Tex-Mex, Asian, Middle Eastern etc dishes.
Flapjack's Pancake House. Great typical brunch, not expensive. The service is also good.
Thai 6. We really enjoyed all the dishes. Typical Thai, prices mid-range i would say (for the area). I am not sure about the atmosphere and service, we had a take out the first evening we got to Lincoln
La Vista. Italian, more upscale, part of the new Riverwalk resort. The dishes are good in general but a bit overpriced. We ate a very early New Year's eve dinner (because of the kids). The pork osso buco was very tasty, the octopus delicious.

The grocery store (Price Chopper) is also about 5 minutes walk. The fastest way is to take the road on the back of the resort (the road between SM and Riverwalk).
The resort did not feel too busy even on the weekend preceding the NY. To my surprise, right after the NY the resort seemed rather empty. The condition of the snow, not great for skiing that week, might have played a role though.

Yes. We love the area. We own week 31 just right up the road at Innseason Pollard Brook (which used to own South Mountain and currently built and owns Riverwalk). We have been visiting this area for years, even before owning, and our son lives nearby just south of there in Plymouth.

We like the Common Man in town and The Woodstock Inn and Brewery, as well as Polly's Pancake Parlor up in Sugar Hill.