• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Booking a Cabana @ WKORVN / Nanea?

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV/N, Westin Nanea, Westin Flex
When I visited WKORV this past summer, I was anticipating booking a cabana/gazebo by the pool for one day during the week that I was there, only to find out that you can book the cabana (in 1-day increments) as much as 30 days out(?), and by the time that I got there, there wasn't anything left for that week. (Figures).

I seem to recall that it was an on-site vendor that took care of all of the pool amenities, as well as the little pool-side shop that sold sunblock and other kids things like beach toys and inflatable pool float animals.

However, now that I'm looking to next year's booking, I wanted to try and look up the vendor to prepare for some of this and I'm having a hard time identifying it. Not really sure how to do this booking in advance. As far as how other people know that you can even do this, I've no clue.

I also remember that the cabana/gazebos at Nanea were much nicer; they even had a little fridge / fans and a TV that you could use while you were sitting down there.

Anyone have any tips for how to book one of these before you get there?

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call the resort.

When we were there week 50 you could reserve a cabana the day before without issue.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Definitely call but I've never had a problem in reserving a cabana/gazebo at either resort upon arrival. It may not be the specific location I want but there has always been something available.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
As much as I suspect they charge for these things, I would be surprised that they are ever all fully booked.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
As much as I suspect they charge for these things, I would be surprised that they are ever all fully booked.

In February/March 2018 the charge at Ka'anapali North was $150 and at Nanea was $250.

vacation dreaming

TUG Member
Reaction score
Availability in prime months is spotty. South pool gazebos will completely book up 30 days in advance. I rarely have a problem finding a gazebo at the North property. Last June, Nanea gazebos were available same day. For a few years the vendor provided online reservation access but the system has been "under maintenance" for at least a year and we are back to calling for reservations. Currently one must call the resort and ask to be transferred to the towel hut. A credit card is required at time of reservation. The 30 days is based on the first day of your reservation, and many people will reserve the entire week stay at once therefore blocking others who may want one later in the week. Hope this info helps - long-time owner in Maui so I know a few secrets!

vacation dreaming

TUG Member
Reaction score
One other comment - while these prices and rules may seem crazy, I have tried to book a gazebo at the Grand Wailea in the past and found those to cost 3-4 times as much, and are booked up 6-12 months in advance.

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was also surprised that they were sold out when I got there, but in the summertime I guess it makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In February/March 2018 the charge at Ka'anapali North was $150 and at Nanea was $250.

250 for all of the Nanea ones?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
250 for all of the Nanea ones?

The Nanea poolside cabanas have a sectional seating area, TV with full cable including all the sports channels (more than available in the villas) and a refrigerator. They also come with a pager system to alert the poolside bar/grill that you would like to order something. It worked for our family of seven last year. It would be too expensive if it were just the two of us.

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Nanea poolside cabanas have a sectional seating area, TV with full cable including all the sports channels (more than available in the villas) and a refrigerator. They also come with a pager system to alert the poolside bar/grill that you would like to order something. It worked for our family of seven last year. It would be too expensive if it were just the two of us.

Do you think you can book a nanea gazebo if you’re staying at WKORV?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Do you think you can book a nanea gazebo if you’re staying at WKORV?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t know why you couldn’t since charges between the three Vistana resorts are allowed.

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So much for 30 days out. I called and the all of the weekday slots for the WKORV cabanas were completely booked already for 6/23->6/28.
The lady said that it was a recent policy change and that they used to let you book 6 months in advance. Not sure I buy it. I think it's more likely that the attendants just don't adhere that strictly to a 30 day maximum rule.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks for the reminder. I called today and reserved Cabanas for the week we are at WKORVN in June. It's not cheap for something without a safe and refrigerator however I must have shade and this is the only way I can guarantee without playing chairhogger roulette.

The attendant confirmed the 30 day policy and that they will move unattended belongings on loungers after 9 am. He confirmed that notes to the GM praising the chairhogger policy helps.

Do the WKORV south cabanas have amenities such as refrigerator etc? Why are they more popular than north? How much do they cost?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Thanks for the reminder. I called today and reserved Cabanas for the week we are at WKORVN in June. It's not cheap for something without a safe and refrigerator however I must have shade and this is the only way I can guarantee without playing chairhogger roulette.

The attendant confirmed the 30 day policy and that they will move unattended belongings on loungers after 9 am. He confirmed that notes to the GM praising the chairhogger policy helps.

Do the WKORV south cabanas have amenities such as refrigerator etc? Why are they more popular than north? How much do they cost?

The Nanea cabanas have both a fridge and a TV. We were there in March/April of this year and the prices have dropped to $150 instead of the previous year's $250. At least it was $150 for the cabanas located next to the plunge pools.

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I suspect it has to do with the location and the type of pools nearby?

I know that for my family I wanted the south cabana/gazebo because it's by the kiddie pool / wading area, and I wanted to be able to keep an eye on my kids. The pirate ship pool between the north/south buildings is not near any Gazebos or cabanas.

You can also book the cabanas at Nanea (which is what I did also for a different day), and they do have more amenities (TV / fridge / better attendant service).

celica7101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think it must be seasonal? I got charged $250 for a Nanea cabana right next to the little slide and the rocky "beach" area.

The Nanea cabanas have both a fridge and a TV. We were there in March/April of this year and the prices have dropped to $150 instead of the previous year's $250. At least it was $150 for the cabanas located next to the plunge pools.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@celica7101 We are at WKORVN the same week as you are at south. I called and Nanea cabanas by kiddie area are $250, cabana back by the adults only plunge pool are $150. Reservations are non-cancellable so you have to be sure of days you will use.

South are cancellable up to 24 hours so I imagine that there will be cancellations as people solidify their activity plans. So you could check back for cancellations if you really want south.

Last edited: