• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bought this morning...want to throw up(2017)

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Everyone on TUG will tell you to RESCIND. If that's not what you want to hear, then call your sales person.

This is bad advice - the sales person will just say whatever it takes to talk you out of rescinding, to save their commission. There is zero reason to call the sales person.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on finding TUG in time to rescind and save $37,000 bucks!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You bought and rescinded THREE TIMES!!?? You should get that issue checked out. :D
I am curious how this happens. Don't you forget after the first time that made you do it again, then again?

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
You bought and rescinded THREE TIMES!!?? You should get that issue checked out. :D

My DH totally agrees with you!! :doh: Once at HRA, once at WSJ, and once to trade in my SVV, Re-qual my resale WSJ, to buy into Sheraton Flex. I think I have learned to say no. Actually I told the salesperson I would buy if she could get me exactly what I wanted at WSJ. She said that was a needle in a haystack. I guess I am needle shopping then!:clap:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
This is bad advice - the sales person will just say whatever it takes to talk you out of rescinding, to save their commission. There is zero reason to call the sales person.

Lol. Guess you didn't understand the joke then, huh?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, nor did the other experienced Tuggers who agreed with my post. When we are posting important info. about rescinding for a new guest, it's important to be really clear. Your post just confused the issue.

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
No, nor did the other experienced Tuggers who agreed with my post. When we are posting important info. about rescinding for a new guest, it's important to be really clear. Your post just confused the issue.

Would they also be confused by these statements?

-Every dietitian will tell you to limit your fat and sodium intake. If that's not what you want to hear, then call McDonald's.
-Every professional fitness trainer will tell you to do some strength training. If that's not what you want to hear, then put in ear plugs.
-Every IT professional will tell you to use up-to-date antivirus software. If that's not what you want to hear, then call some Russian hackers.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The OP had already asked if she should call their sales person, and your post said she should. I responded, because I wanted to be sure that the OP did not call their sales person. I would not expect a new poster to understand a joke.

Last edited:

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
You also have another option: Rescind and then just rent from an owner.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
My DH totally agrees with you!! :doh: Once at HRA, once at WSJ, and once to trade in my SVV, Re-qual my resale WSJ, to buy into Sheraton Flex. I think I have learned to say no. Actually I told the salesperson I would buy if she could get me exactly what I wanted at WSJ. She said that was a needle in a haystack. I guess I am needle shopping then!:clap:
Actually we bought and rescinded 3 times also, over a 10 yr time span. Now we own 3 resales! I think we are done but there is some slight interest in another Vistana , maybe the Sheraton Bella but it's in the very back of my mind lol.

Rsmith9445

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway at the Beach , Myrtle Beach SC
Rescind. Enjoy your vacation and buy a resale.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
You also have another option: Rescind and then just rent from an owner...

...which is one option that some TUGgers try to point out to people who have rescinded (or are in the process of rescinding). This will allow you to "try before you buy". Not to mention, there's no buy-in cost other than a modest membership fee here on TUG or on Red Week.

Sometimes you may even be able to rent for less than the MFs.

mlnuwer

TUG Member
Reaction score
[text removed. advertising is not permitted in the discussion forums. please post free timeshares in the bargain deals section or send a private message to the original poster.]

Last edited by a moderator:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I also told the WSJ guy I would buy if he had exactly what I wanted. Turned out he did (!) and even though my bluff was called, I still didn't buy. (But I really wanted to!!!!!)

Landslide305

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Lake Buena Vista
Thank you all so much! A (virtual) hug to each one of you that took the time to reply and save me thousands of dollars. I mailed one certified return receipt and the other regular mail and took photos of the envelopes just in case!

We ended up staying there for two nights (paid cash) and loved it! We definitely do want to buy resale now but I will research it this time.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Thank you all so much! A (virtual) hug to each one of you that took the time to reply and save me thousands of dollars. I mailed one certified return receipt and the other regular mail and took photos of the envelopes just in case!

We ended up staying there for two nights (paid cash) and loved it! We definitely do want to buy resale now but I will research it this time.
Congrats!! Have fun resale shopping! :thumbup:

K&PFitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, TUG. You just saved me almost $20,000.
We've been Starwood owners since 2003. We're three star elite. You'd think we'd know what we're doing. I used to follow TUG closely, but let my membership lapse, and stopped reading the threads. Last month, we went to SVV for a week. We went to the presentation to get a $100 gift card, and ended up dropping $19,985. We swapped our three weeks for... well, I'm still not sure. It seemed at the time that we would have more flexibility in making reservations, and the kicker was that somehow I was convinced we'd have far better trading power in their network. I cannot believe I fell for this.
When we got home from dinner that evening, I started reading the agreements and other materials. That night, I couldn't sleep. I picked up my phone and searched for threads about the Sheraton Flex program on TUG. I read about how to cancel and what to put in the letter. When I got home, I followed the instructions on TUG and the next day, seven days after signing, we mailed the letter. They received it on the tenth day. Fourteen days after they received the letter, they gave us a full refund on our credit card.
Thank you to all of you who post advice and information, especially Denise M.

Palmtreelady1

TUG Member
Reaction score

We bought resale 15 years ago after doing the same thing you did! We bought off red week - did not know about Tug then! It was the best thing we ever did! We have gone all over with our kids and it was a great investment! Love the memories we have made.
Just be careful if you do again: we bought in Grand Cayman and they do not have a refusal time period if I remember correctly!! Good thing we really like it
Enjoy and welcome to Tug! I have learned so much here!!

orangela

Reaction score

I'm in the same boat and so glad I found this thread! We just bought at Westin Nanea on Maui and are going to mail the rescission letter tomorrow. Did they charge you a $795 administrative fee when you bought and refund that too? I got an alert that they already ran a credit check on us since our purchase day.

And did you return the sales materials (bag of paperwork/copies of contracts)? It's so heavy I don't want to fly it home but we also don't want to walk into the sales office to return it and have to talk to the sales people.

Landslide305

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Lake Buena Vista
No, we mailed the letter and it was very smooth. We got the acknowledgement of cancellation letter and they did not ask for the sales material to be returned.