• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Brand new owner... and first experience with website. (It was not good)

Chad Soileau

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
105K Wyndham Plus points at Fairfield Plantation Resort
159K Wyndham Plus points at Fairfield Mountains Resort
My 1st contract was FINALLY finished and I will issued a brand new Wyndham member account number. I read the threads about the website and the laundry list of issues but I guess I wanted to experience them for myself.

I created an account, logged in, changed personal info around a bit and set up my maintenance fee account for monthly withdrawals from my checking account. Not too bad so far. Everything seemed to work ok.

Problems started happening when I went to search for properties. We are going to Smoky Mountains in January so I found the resort there but the site kept 'kicking me out'. I'm sure it was a caching issue because I could open the site back up on a different browser or computer. Frustrated, I finally just gave up and called the Wyndham number I had to book my reservation. They booked it with no issues and I received my confirmation via email shortly thereafter. So far, the website was pretty useless for booking or even searching...

TODAY, I go back to the site and attempt to log in. Site says wrong password.

Hmmm... Maybe I'm tying in my password wrong? Nope. Pretty sure I had the right one.

I try to retrieve my username JUST in case I put something different that I remember. I'm told I don't have an account.

I'm on with Wyndham again now. They are saying they SEE my booking and they even see the information that I changed yesterday for personal account info, however she's showing my 'registration bubble' as red which equals not registered.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is this a common occurrence?

DRIless

Reaction score
'registration bubble' as red
You're really in trouble now, that's like double secret probation!

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
Yes. I'm on my 5th account since the new system launched in May. My account keeps disappearing like that. I think this is the first time I've made it significantly longer than a month without having to register a new account.

Chad Soileau

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I created a new account. :|

All the financial information I entered looks to be intact as the system says I am enrolled in auto-pay. Very frustrating.

The site is 'pretty' but wholly not 'functional'.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the account is in your name and another person's name try registering it in the other person's name and try re-registering yourself using a contract number then a phone number if the contract number does not work.

Chad Soileau

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Newly created account seems to be working now but I'm still CONSTANTLY getting:

Unable to process your request.
Please contact our technical support and refer to the following support ID: 4964160971128163236

It looks like a cache / proxy issue or something because switching back and forth between browsers lets me get back in. Still frustrating.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I'm not a user on that site, but I work in IT. I wonder how often the servers refresh their data? You mentioned a caching issue, and this may be more of the same. The changes you made are not updating in their "live" presence, and may take time to repopulate in their system. A classic case of "come back tomorrow."

But this is Wyndham, so the above is just a guess. Hope you get it sorted out. I'm waiting on closing of a Worldmark purchase, and I have a feeling I'll have similar issues when I log into their servers.

Good luck!

Dave

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Completely normal, we are on our 5th account as well since about July. I didn't have anything to book when the site went live so I waited a couple months. Our account had lasted as little as a week and as long as 2.5 months.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
"and set up my maintenance fee account for monthly withdrawals from my checking account."

The $0 Annual Fee Wyndham Barclay Card rewards 5 Points per Wyndham charge (MF included) and can be used for monthly MF payments. These points can be used in 3,000 point increments for discounted Wyndham hotel stays or 15,000 point increments for free nightly stays. We get several free nights per year at the Galvez Hotel in Galveston simply by paying our MF's with this credit card.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
"and set up my maintenance fee account for monthly withdrawals from my checking account."

The $0 Annual Fee Wyndham Barclay Card rewards 5 Points per Wyndham charge (MF included) and can be used for monthly MF payments. These points can be used in 3,000 point increments for discounted Wyndham hotel stays or 15,000 point increments for free nightly stays. We get several free nights per year at the Galvez Hotel in Galveston simply by paying our MF's with this credit card.
Very good advice. Even if you don't have or don't like the Wyndham Barclays card. You might as well use a credit card of your liking to pay MFs and get points.
By not using a credit card Wyndham is keeping more of your money.
Wyndham doesn't give a cash discount like some gas stations.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
The Wyndham site is a mess. We literally have four log-ins we can try, and we use all of them sometimes.