• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Breckenridge ski weeks in RCI

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am considering buying fixed ski weeks in Breckenridge.

I am looking at a fixed week 4 at Alpenrose condos, 2 bedroom unit.

Also considering fixed week 4 and 10 at French Ridge condos, both weeks are 2 bedrooms. Both condo complexes trade in RCI only. Up until this point in my timeshare life, I have only ever utilized II.

I am buying to use, but at the same time thinking that if I don't go each week, I could deposit in RCI. However, I have no idea how much value (TPUs?) RCI assigns to ski weeks.

In II, ski weeks are pretty high demand, but these are not Gold Crown resorts. Can anyone with access to RCI give me a rough idea of their worth in RCI? Many thanks in advance.

Naniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked the RCI Deposit Calculator and the max TPUs for Week 4/Alpenrose are 27 and both Week 4 and 10 at French Ridge max out at 29. I checked the 2 bedroom unit type for both.

I took screenshots and uploaded to my Google Drive. Links to the screenshots are below. I *think* I set the permissions so you could view the images. Hope this helps.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E73mLrCEz_Cxk8Y4nHBgdCaqd0Eemlvq/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JxpWCUYow9gxt4Mr2V8-aPQtk6yIgI3M/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YQuFt8NDrco2HWHSpzktH4iQVfJNF-tX/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much Naniac! Very much appreciated.

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you stayed at either? I do NOT think alpenrose has an elevator. Consider what floor/unit you would be buying.

Stay at FR every year for the past 5 years and just bought 2 back to back weeks. Townhouse layout, but not lugging EVERYTHING to the second floor - just your clothes.

LOVE the location, and the staff is super !

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not stayed in either, but know the area very well. Over the years we've stayed at Grand Timber Lodge and the Marriott Mountain Valley Lodge as well as locations in Vail and Avon.

I did very much appreciate your detailed posted TUG reviews of French Ridge, sandkastle4966, they helped me to appreciate that property a lot.

The Alpenrose unit is 302, which is the top floor, but I still don't know for sure if it is a loft unit or not. Having no elevator is not a problem for me, but I can see it as being a bother to potential renters.

From my understanding, all the French Ridge condos are two levels, with the living room being at ground level and the bedrooms on the second story.

I am looking for a more homey place to stay and these condos look like they fit the bill.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not stayed in either, but know the area very well. Over the years we've stayed at Grand Timber Lodge and the Marriott Mountain Valley Lodge as well as locations in Vail and Avon.

I did very much appreciate your detailed posted TUG reviews of French Ridge, sandkastle4966, they helped me to appreciate that property a lot.

The Alpenrose unit is 302, which is the top floor, but I still don't know for sure if it is a loft unit or not. Having no elevator is not a problem for me, but I can see it as being a bother to potential renters.

From my understanding, all the French Ridge condos are two levels, with the living room being at ground level and the bedrooms on the second story.

I am looking for a more homey place to stay and these condos look like they fit the bill.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
It's been quite awhile back but when we stayed at French Ridge they were badly in need of updating.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
French Ridge is definitely a lot better than Alpenrose. Both are managed by the same company as Val Chatelle, our little resort. Anyway, French Ridge would definitely be a better purchase. I hope you get the weeks cheaply. It's still old. It's been around for 36 years.