• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Broker Group of Montana

sycosylo

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of Broker Group of Montana (BGM)
or has anyone ever been contacted by them
Very suspicious of them wanting to purchase my timeshare for big $$$
Google searched the name, no results. I am sure it is a scam, but I am curious.
Thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Here are the red flags:

-They want you to pay ANY fees, including fees that they claim will go into escrow and you will get them back.

REPUTABLE brokers take all fees from the proceeds of the sale.​

-They are offering far more than the current resale market value.

MOST timeshares sell for 0-10% of original price.​

-Something just doesn't feel right: broken English, badly written or non-existent documents, no business history, located outside the US, unprofessional behavior, pressure to proceed quickly.

If it sounds too good to be true - it's not true!​

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Add to that the party contacted you out of the blue, usually by an unsolicited phone call, then this totally adds up to a scam!

Cheezeballz

Reaction score
Confired Scam

I had the same "company" scammers call me. It sounded great, but of course there were some red flags. They kept saying the wrong name of my resort, no matter how many times I corrected them. This would have changed the value, but they claimed it was the same. We originally spoke about 1 week, then they sent paperwork work wanting to buy 10 weeks worth. After I sent them a signed copy of the letter of intent, they asked for a copy of paperwork proving I owned the timeshare; they contacted me, they would have known this already. Glad I only gave them a terrible signature - at best.

1) I contacted my Timeshare Company and gave them the name of the company- they stated they had other owners ask about them, and stated it was a scam.

2) I looked up the company on BBB.Org through their name, website, and address - none came back as an actual company. The company also claims to have been est. in 2012- there would be a history.

3) I looked at the address on google maps, and it shows the building belongs to the Montana Community Foundation. I called them, they confirmed their address, and said there is no companies in the building with the name of Broker Group of Montana.

4) No where else on the net can you find anything about this company.

maNDan

Reaction score
A short while ago, a guy called & I talked to the Broker Group of Montana dude at Helena MT. Talked to him a few times and sent back his rental letter of intent. So today, he was going to have someone else call me and give me $6300 per week x ten weeks. This seems way too damn good to be true, so I got ahold of the BBB mgr in Missoula and he did a quick/ limited search for me. Said that there is little history on this company but all indications are that it is a very high chance of a scam.

So I called the BGoM guy and told him to cancel everything. He keeps trying to call, but I don't take his calls. Glad that I didn't go any further at this time.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Glad you escaped - it sounds like you didn't give them your credit card number?

You need to start using your caller ID and you voice mail, because now that you responded favorably, you have been identified as an "easy mark," and you are going to get a lot more calls.

If you don't recognize the number - don't pick up the phone.

maNDan

Reaction score
Hi Denise

Glad you escaped - it sounds like you didn't give them your credit card number?

You need to start using your caller ID and you voice mail, because now that you responded favorably, you have been identified as an "easy mark," and you are going to get a lot more calls.

If you don't recognize the number - don't pick up the phone.

THANKS DENISE M. I did Not give them any CC info nor anything else.
And, thanks for the advice. I appreciate you and TUG. maNDan

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Is this the number? I've been called yesterday and today from this number, they wont leave voicemail.
406-797-5192.

406 area code is Montana so I ignore it.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Hello I write from Mexico,
I conact an alleged Franco Herrera, with the same, wanting to buy my shared 50 thousand US dlls time,
I always made it clear that if I asked deposited something, not do any DEAL WITH IT
I asked him to sign some papers, I did and now asks me to deposit $ 9600. dlls Americans, "maintenance"
I sent him to fly, I said I was still in my position of origin,
What first deposit and then I will deposit the maintenance and 9% commission.
They are very clever, but I more.
Be careful

Ah!

I speak of these numbers
but sure they have more numbers

I write these emails:
contact.us@brokergroupofmontana.com
contact.edge@edge-tte.com

Hola escribo desde México,
Me contactar con un presunto Franco Herrera, con el mismo, que desee comprar mi compartidos de 50 mil US DLLS tiempo,
Siempre en claro que si se lo pidiera depositado algo, no hace ningún tratar con él
Le pregunté a firmar unos papeles, lo hice y ahora me pide que depositar $ 9600 dlls americanos, "mantenimiento"
Le envié a volar, dije que todavía estaba en mi posición de origen,
Lo primer depósito y luego voy a depositar el mantenimiento y el 9% de comisión.
Ellos son muy inteligentes, pero más.
Ten cuidado
Ah!
Hablo de estos números
pero seguro que tienen más números

me escriben de estos mails:

contact.us@brokergroupofmontana.com

contact.edge@edge-tte.com

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thank you/gracias - CONTRA EL FRAUDE

Dear Contra el Fraude ,
Thank you for posting in English and Spanish .
Welcome to TUG .

The world is getting more international and your post shows it .

I find it ironic that a scammer from Montana was trying to defraud a Mexican owner of a TS , but I am sure TUG will have more posts like yours in the future from Mexican National owners

PS - I have now been contacted to my cell 3 times in the last month by scammers offering to " buy " my timeshare in Mexico .

I think I will tell the next scammer - that I sold it for a nice amount a few weeks ago - and just sent a cheque yesterday for $ 2000 for the Mexican sales tax .

Maybe - I will have some fun .

Last edited:
Reaction score
HOLA A TODOS,

Como comenté en un post pasado,

Los ESTAFADORES .. Broker Group of Montana

me ofrecieron comprar mi tiempo compartido en 504 mil dólares americanos,

Desde un principio dejé en claro que YO NO IBA A DEPOSITARLES NADA,

Que primero me depositaran a mí, y luego yo les pagaba lo que quisieran,

Estuvieron de acuerdo, siempre estuvieron de acuerdo,

Así que firmé todos los documentos que me solicitaron, escanee y envíe por mail,

Repito, siempre dejé en claro que NO iba a depositar o pagar nada,

Ahora me están EXIGIENDO les pague $9600. Dlls americanos los cuales me “reembolsarán” prontamente, (jaja)

Dado su incumplimiento les dije ok QUEDA CANCELADA LA TRANSACCIÓN.

Pues ahora estoy recibiendo mil llamadas amenazantes que dicen “usted firmó un contrato y si no deposita lo pasaremos al departamento legal de Estados Unidos”

Desde luego no me asustan,

Lo más fácil sería bloquear los números o dejar de contestarles, (si lo voy a hacer pronto)

Pero sigo atendiendo sus llamadas para saber hasta dónde llegan, aprender y compartir información.

Ya chequé con mis abogados y no tengo nada que temer,

Me seguiré divirtiendo un rato con ellos, porque se enojan muchísimo porque no pueden conmigo …. Ja

PUBLIQUEMOS PARA QUE NO CAIGA GENTE.

Apliquemos el refrán de “No todo lo que brilla es oro”

HELLO EVERYONE,
As I mentioned in a previous post,
Scammers .. Broker Group of Montana
I offered to buy my shared time 504 thousand US dollars,
From the beginning I made clear that I would not deposit them NOTHING,
I first deposited to me, and then I paid them what they wanted,
They agreed, always agreed,
So I signed all documents requested me, scan and send by mail,
Again, always I made it clear that was not going to deposit or pay anything,
I are now demanding pay them $ 9600. Americans which Dlls me "reimbursed" promptly, (haha)
As I said ok noncompliance is canceled the transaction.
For I am now getting a thousand threatening calls that say "you signed a contract and if not deposited the legal department will spend US"
Certainly not scare me,
The easiest thing would be to block or stop the numbers to answer (if I will do soon)
But I keep taking your calls to find out how far they go, learn and share information.
And I checked with my lawyers and I have nothing to fear,
I keep having fun time with them, because a lot are angry because they can not with me .... ja
POSTING OF NOT FALLING FOR PEOPLE.
Apply the saying "Not everything that glitters is gold"