• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

buying resell, need help please

js203

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions and hope to find answers here before I send money to the broker/closing company. Thank you very much in advance.
1. How do I find out if an account is Premier or Standard ? The seller does not know.
2. At what point in the buying process will I be able verify account details with WM ? Call WM and was told they would only discuss the account with the owner.
3. The "estoppel" letter from WM , forwarded to me by the middleman, states that " The vacation ownership consists of 12,000 annual WorkMark credits. There currently are 24,000 credits available with the next award occurring the first day of the anniversary month, which is June. Additionally, there currently have 12,000 credits available for use in 2020 and 12,000 credits available for use in 2021." What does it mean ? How many points will be in my account upon transfer, assuming the transfer completes before June 1 ? And after June 1st when the next award occurs ? And I don't understand the last sentence at all , why call out 2020 and 2021 specifically?

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
Don't worry about standard/premier. All accounts are Premier and have the same usage for a resale owner. You get full access to WorldMark, but no Club Pass (Wyndham).

With a June anniversary and 24000 credits, you have 12000 expiring 6/30/19 and 12000 expiring 6/30/20. You need to book something before the 6/30/19 to use the first set of credits. If the seller is willing, ask them to place 12000 credits in a reservation 13 months out to hold onto these during the transfer. If they aren't willing, assume you will lose the credits expiring this June.

On 6/1/19 you will receive 12000 which will expire 6/30/21.

On 6/1/20 you will receive 12000 which will expire 6/30/22.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Wyndham is taking a long time to complete transfers. Six months or longer is not unusual. So hopefully seller agreed to continue paying MF's until transfer is complete. If you still have questions you can ask that the seller to arrange a Conference call with Owner Care.

Remember you can have 2 names on the Ownership. Make sure you do that.

With a 12,000 Account you will get 1 free House Keeping Credit every year. These carry over just like the Points. You will get two free Guest Certificates. These do not carry over. Also any change (add a day, subtract a day, change name of Guest, etc) to a Reservation involving a Guest Certificate will cause the loss of the Guest Certificate and the use of a second Guest Certificate. If you need to pay for a Guest Certificate it is $99 Online and $129 over the telephone. Because people's plans do change how we are handling Reservations for our kids is to Book it in our names. Then about 35 days (free cancellation is 30 days - gets Points and House Keeping back) before check-in we verify Kids are going and change Reservation to their name.

As explained above Points are good for 24 months plus about 30 days ( some months have 30 days, some months have 31 days, and 1 month has 28 days). This means they have to be placed in a Reservation by that time. So Points issued on June 1, 2019 have to be placed in a Reservation by June 30, 2021 but that Reservation can be 13 months out or June 30, 2022.

To get the more popular sites you have to Book 13 months in advance. Online Booking opens at 6am West Coast time.

Join www.wmowners.com. There is no fee. It is a site by Owners for Owners. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on its Forum that are happy to help.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Great advice....

Also, you can open an account with RCI or II and spacebank a deposit (or 2) into II/RCI to store the credits for 2 years. If the seller makes a reservation to 'park' the credits so they don't expire, you can call owner services and have them convert the reservation to spacebank so it doesn't expire in the process.....

cheers.

js203

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all so much for the answers and suggestions ! Really appreciated it!