• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cabinets To Go - anyone have experience with them?

donnaval

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We lost our great contact for moderately priced kitchen cabinets for our rental units so are looking around for another source. Has anyone tried the "Cabinets to Go" cabinets? They require on-site assembly and the salesman assures us it's a simple process to put them together, but, if they are difficult to assemble any cost savings would be wiped out by labor costs for us. They seem like nice cabinets for the price.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
...the salesman assures us...

Those particular words somehow always make me wince. Did he indicate actually having any direct, first hand experience with assembly and / or installation?

I dunno this particular product, but do know from some prior experience that installing a full array of kitchen cabinets is a precision, multi person job and is not particularly easy. Single, stand alone cabinets (like bathroom vanities) are much easier, with no need to hang cabinets on walls securely and well aligned with one another. Having to actually assemble multiple cabinets first is not something I'd personally consider undertaking, but YMMV.

If it's truly that simple and easy, maybe that reassuring salesman would make himself available to assist with assembly and installation? :)

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I have used bathroom vanity cabinets that require assembly. It was pretty easy, imo. I wouldn't consider these as moderate quality as most of the cabinet was particle board. For rental units, its hard to beat Lowes or Home Depot for a fully assembled ready to install kitchen cabinet, imo. You can you tube the cabinets to see the assembly instructions, it is pretty easy to assemble.

Bill

Teresa

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used Cabinets to Go for the first time for a kitchen remodel in Florida. We're pretty pleased for the most part. Had an issue with the first cabinet we were going to put up (broken something-or-other) and they shipped an entire new cabinet to us within a week.

They were just transitioning to soft-close on everything but the salesman wasn't sure so we sprung for the hinges as we could not be assured they would have them. Turns out all the drawer units had the soft close but a few of the cabinets did not (about half). The hinges had been back-ordered so I just cancelled part of the order and kept the back-order for the hinges we still needed. Haven't received them yet (and I keep forgetting to call them).

The corner unit didn't 'match-up' with the front of the cabinets to either side so we had to shim behind it to pull it out the be flush with those attached to it on either side. I was 'pretty pi**ed' about that. We figured it out as we do cabinets but if you're new at them then you might not have figured out the fix (but I'm telling you here how to fix if that's a problem that you encounter too).

Each cabinet has all the parts (screws, plastic spacer/corners, slides, etc.) and directions - mostly pictures. Not a lot of verbage. Their locking system takes up 'some' space in the cabinet so you have to account for that. It's about the size of the mechanism on a casement window (cranks out with handle turning). I had some trouble getting full size dishes in the bottom shelf of a wall cabinet close to the 'corner' because of the hardware but just moved the plates over a bit and they fit.

The salesmen aren't usually helpful after the sale and they will tell you that if you have any installation problems or damage issues you have to call the 800 number of the main office. Main office is nice and seems helpful.

The for price, we will probably buy again for the next kitchen. Especially since we already went through the learning curve (trying to interpret the pictures in the directions - cabinets with spinners were challenging - wink).

Good luck!

donnaval

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. We have a good crew who is very experienced in hanging cabinets so that is not the issue - we were more concerned about the time involved to put the cabs together because we can always have the crew doing other things lol. Theresa, your info is very helpful. We do like the quality of the assembled CTG cabs - all wood, no particle board or vinyl, much much better than the Lowes/Home Depot products. But fortunately, we did just find another small local cab company that has cabs of similar quality already assembled for a price that wouldn't make it worthwhile for our guys to assemble the CTG cabs.

Which finish did you pick, Theresa? They are really attractive cabinets.

Teresa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finish was a darker wood. My husband is saying 'palm beach dark chocolate'. That's probably the style and color.

Thanks for the input. We have a good crew who is very experienced in hanging cabinets so that is not the issue - we were more concerned about the time involved to put the cabs together because we can always have the crew doing other things lol. Theresa, your info is very helpful. We do like the quality of the assembled CTG cabs - all wood, no particle board or vinyl, much much better than the Lowes/Home Depot products. But fortunately, we did just find another small local cab company that has cabs of similar quality already assembled for a price that wouldn't make it worthwhile for our guys to assemble the CTG cabs.

Which finish did you pick, Theresa? They are really attractive cabinets.