• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

California SDCR charging $75 additional on all Deeds starting 1/1/2018

Clare Luconi

Reaction score
Has anyone seen that this is the new fee that will be charged on all Deeds-no matter the price? This is outrageous as some timeshare are only that much! Let me know if anyone knows about this and if there is anything we can do about it. I believe it is SBXII.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
What are "California SDCR" and "SBXII"?

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
California SDCR charging $75 additional on all deeds staring 1/1/2018....Has anyone seen that this is the new fee that will be charged on all Deeds-no matter the price? This is outrageous as some timeshare are only that much! Let me know if anyone knows about this and if there is anything we can do about it. I believe it is SBXII.

I cannot decipher the assorted acronyms, but will speculate for the sake of discussion that SDCR might stand for "San Diego County Recorder"? :shrug:

In any case, I don't see a $75 recording fee as "outrageous", nor do I think that it matters at all what a timeshare is "worth" for recording purposes.
It's the exact same amount of time and effort (although admittedly not very much of either one) to assign an instrument number or book & page number for the scanning and official recording of a ten dollar transaction deed as is required for a ten thousand dollar transaction deed.

Last edited:

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Appears to be California Senate Bill 2
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billNavClient.xhtml?bill_id=201720180SB2

(a) (1) Commencing January 1, 2018, and except as provided in paragraph (2), in addition to any other recording fees specified in this code, a fee of seventy-five dollars ($75) shall be paid at the time of recording of every real estate instrument, paper, or notice required or permitted by law to be recorded, except those expressly exempted from payment of recording fees, per each single transaction per parcel of real property. The fee imposed by this section shall not exceed two hundred twenty-five dollars ($225). “Real estate instrument, paper, or notice” means a document relating to real property, including, but not limited to, the following: deed, grant deed, trustee’s deed, deed of trust, reconveyance, quit claim deed, fictitious deed of trust, assignment of deed of trust, request for notice of default, abstract of judgment, subordination agreement, declaration of homestead, abandonment of homestead, notice of default, release or discharge, easement, notice of trustee sale, notice of completion, UCC financing statement, mechanic’s lien, maps, and covenants, conditions, and restrictions.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Unless you are a rescue company that does a large volume of recordings in CA, this doesn't seem like a big deal. There are other states that charge for recording as well.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
It dosent cost any more or less to record the deed for an expensive property or a cheap one.