• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can I rent out a fixed week outside its fixed week period

janner66

Reaction score
Hi,

I was under the impression that a fixed week i.e. week 35 could only be rented out for the dates that week falls under for that year. So this year's date would be 2 September - 9 September for example.
If I wanted to rent out my timeshare for this week I thought that I had to advertise it for this week only.
Looking at some sample rental agreements there is a section about changing the unit and check in dates:
"I can ask the resort to change the unit assigned, the check-in and check-out dates, or both. Any rescheduling will still be for one week (seven nights) accommodations. If you want to change the reservation, the following terms will apply:"

Does this just apply to "Floating" weeks or "Bonus" weeks of some sort or is this agreement suggesting that I can be flexible with my fixed week 35? If not obviously I will need to remove this section from the agreement.

Also if I was to venture into renting my timeshare out myself, how does the tax work? I am in the UK and my timeshare is at The Grandview Las Vegas.

Thanks

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If depends on the individual & more independent resort .. but NOT common for most resorts. I own several fixed weeks at one resort (not a Wyndham) where I can 'sometimes' ... and I do NOT count in it being possible during prime season ... move a date. Maybe/might/could get a Friday fixed week gets moved to the next day for a Saturday checkin date. But I NEVER expect to swap a week 24 for a week 28 .. or a week 8 for a week 10 internal to the resort.

Personally, you might fare better with depositing the week in a major exchange system ... RCI or II or other mentioned on TUG.

janner66

Reaction score
Yeah I didn't think that was the case. It was only that the sample rental agreement had a section about changing the date so I thought I would ask. We can no longer use the timeshare so I am looking to rent it out every year. I will remove the section about changing the date from the agreement.

Thanks for your answer :)

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
During my final 10-12 years of TimeSharing I only owned Fixed Weeks at HOA Controlled Independents. If I wanted to swap my Week for one owned by another Owner, most Resort Managers would facilitate the swap at no cost to me.

George