• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CANARIAN LEGAL ALLIANCE

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
We received the following email from an individual that is not registered as a board user, and thus cannot post:

This might be a new scam.
A legal firm dealing with spanish timeshare.with fees up front.
Had a cold call from them to say was I interested in taking Marriott to spanish court, as Marriott may have broken spanish law in their sale to me and others .
Im not interested as I've had a good experience with Marriott, even if they had made mistakes with the sale, but it did occur to me this could be a scam.
Any information on this might be worth gathering on the TUG website

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
As I recall, there was a persistant and irritating guest promoting this on TUG some time back.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you search "Canarian Legal Alliance" on the internet, you will find their website as well as articles discussing them. They have law offices all over Europe, but seem to specialize on canceling Spanish timeshare contracts. Spain does not allow contracts lasting longer than 50 years (perpetual) as well as any contracts using floating weeks. CLA has been getting people out of said contracts with rather frequent success. They have been getting full refunds of original purchase prices, plus legal fees. Supposedly 77 cases have been successfully adjudicated by the Spanish Supreme Court.

The CLA is also discussed quite often on www.insidetimeshare.com, which is a European timeshare website. I regularly follow insidetimeshare as they do touch on US timeshare topics, especially Diamond. Form your own opinion. I have no dog in this fight.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
As I recall, there was a persistant and irritating guest promoting this on TUG some time back.

I recall it also . ( perhaps 2years ago )

The information was basically what Iggyearl posted .
I believe it was “allowed “ ( ie not deleteted by moderator) due to the usefulness of the information .

IMO - this is a better thread for a “first time guest “searching the internet for information .

Karoliina1

Reaction score
Hi everyone! This might be a long shot, but: I'm a journalist from Finland investigating problems that people who have owned time share in the Canary Islands have faced during the years with timeshare companies. I am also interested in people's experiences with companies that offer to help people out of contracts. I'm especially interested in companies like Silverpoint, Canarian Legal Alliance and a company called Nordic Consulting. If anyone has any experience about these companies, I would highly appreciate if you'd write me.
I want to emphasize, that I respect people's privacy, and I won't write about anyones experiences without a permission. So if you happen to know anything about how do these companies contact possible customers and what they have offered, I'd be grateful for any kind of information.

I represent a journalistic media called Long Play, www.longplay.fi. We concentrate on long read journalism and investigative stories. My email is: karoliina@longplay.fi