TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

CANARIAN LEGAL ALLIANCE

Discussion in 'European Timesharing' started by Makai Guy, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Makai Guy

Makai Guy Administrator

Resorts Owned:
    Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
    We received the following email from an individual that is not registered as a board user, and thus cannot post:

This might be a new scam.
    A legal firm dealing with spanish timeshare.with fees up front.
    Had a cold call from them to say was I interested in taking Marriott to spanish court, as Marriott may have broken spanish law in their sale to me and others .
    Im not interested as I've had a good experience with Marriott, even if they had made mistakes with the sale, but it did occur to me this could be a scam.
    Any information on this might be worth gathering on the TUG website

2. DeniseM

DeniseM Moderator

As I recall, there was a persistant and irritating guest promoting this on TUG some time back.

3. Makai Guy

Makai Guy Administrator

Resorts Owned:
    Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
    Search for CANARIAN comes up empty -- did that before posting. Maybe prior posts were deemed spam and deleted, or company was going by a different name.

4. Iggyearl

Iggyearl TUG Member

If you search "Canarian Legal Alliance" on the internet, you will find their website as well as articles discussing them. They have law offices all over Europe, but seem to specialize on canceling Spanish timeshare contracts. Spain does not allow contracts lasting longer than 50 years (perpetual) as well as any contracts using floating weeks. CLA has been getting people out of said contracts with rather frequent success. They have been getting full refunds of original purchase prices, plus legal fees. Supposedly 77 cases have been successfully adjudicated by the Spanish Supreme Court.

The CLA is also discussed quite often on www.insidetimeshare.com, which is a European timeshare website. I regularly follow insidetimeshare as they do touch on US timeshare topics, especially Diamond. Form your own opinion. I have no dog in this fight.

5. T-Dot-Traveller

T-Dot-Traveller TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Mayan Palace Regency
    I recall it also . ( perhaps 2years ago )

The information was basically what Iggyearl posted .
    I believe it was “allowed “ ( ie not deleteted by moderator) due to the usefulness of the information .

IMO - this is a better thread for a “first time guest “searching the internet for information .