• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Carlsbad Seapointe Board of Directors Voters Proxy?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I received my Voters Proxy notice in today's mail. Just wondering if there are any owner-driven movements for who should be on the Board? There are three positions to vote and seven people in the running. For those of you who know the resort best, may I ask who you'd recommend being on the Board?

Dave

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I haven’t read it yet. It has been the same group for a long time and I’ve been pleased with the job they’ve done. Dr Spiroto is the ageless wonder and still brings his 100 year old mom to the meetings. The place looks great and the remodel really stepped it up.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have found over the time I've owned GPRs, it's best to keep the current board members. Some have been on the board since the beginning and yes, they have the developers on the board. They do a good job.

I have tried to support outsiders running in the past and have never found a serious candidate. I have never seen a candidate show up to the owners' meetings to make a speech during their allotted time. If they can't show up to the owners meeting to introduce themselves and tell us why they are running, they probably can't be bothered to show up to any of the board meetings, either.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I haven’t read it yet. It has been the same group for a long time and I’ve been pleased with the job they’ve done. Dr Spiroto is the ageless wonder and still brings his 100 year old mom to the meetings. The place looks great and the remodel really stepped it up.

I have found over the time I've owned GPRs, it's best to keep the current board members. Some have been on the board since the beginning and yes, they have the developers on the board. They do a good job.

I have tried to support outsiders running in the past and have never found a serious candidate. I have never seen a candidate show up to the owners' meetings to make a speech during their allotted time. If they can't show up to the owners meeting to introduce themselves and tell us why they are running, they probably can't be bothered to show up to any of the board meetings, either.

Thanks to you both for your candid comments. That was the kind of thing I was interested in hearing. And I totally agree with you - interest in management of the resort is shown by being involved in the ongoing activities, not just the process. I've owned other resorts where it seemed nobody was in charge except the Developers, and Owners were on the outside. In those cases, there was a growing discontent among Owners that it was an "Us vs. Them" mentality. With Carlsbad Seapointe, and to a larger extent the Grand Pacific system, it seems the organization is well-run, and is trying their best to provide a solid value for the money. I can't argue with that.

So, to the point, is it easiest to give Dr. Spiroto the proxy, or just vote for the three Incumbents?

Dave

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, to the point, is it easiest to give Dr. Spiroto the proxy, or just vote for the three Incumbents?
I just do the easiest thing, which is to check the box on the card that assigns my proxy to whoever they suggest and mail it back in. I used to spend time reading all the stuff and then voting more specifically, but I have found over time that they know what they are doing, listen to the members and care about having an excellent experience at the resort.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
All done. They provided an online voting option, which worked fine, so it's a done deal. I don't need to mail anything back. Easy breezy. :thumbup:

Dave