• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Carribean Last Calls

RFoss

Reaction score
Went to a timeshare sales pitch this fall with Holiday Inn Vacations, Tried to sell me a 45k point for $10k. Was not sold one bit just know what little I do about timeshares. What really got us interested is the last call deals for around $300. We are interested in possibly buying especially if this could be included. we like to do a all inclusive Caribbean vacation every winter Any advice.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
What really got us interested is the last call deals for around $300. We are interested in possibly buying especially if this could be included. we like to do a all inclusive Caribbean vacation every winter Any advice.

I would be careful at salivating at the idea of "Last Call" deals for around $300. First of all, last call usually means it's a week available on very short notice. So if you cannot get up and go on a whim, these are likely not for you. Also, there's a reason why they're "only" $300. They are usually what we call mud weeks. They are in not-much-in-demand places usually at not-much-in-demand times for instance Las Vegas in September or resorts aimed predominantly at skiing but in the summer time, etc. If you're fantasizing about a beachfront condo in Maui during Christmas, then keep fantasizing.

If you are still intrigued by and determined to get into Last Call, try buying a cheap or free resale and then join RCI, II, or whatever exchange company the resort is affiliated with.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
...and the $300 is for the room only on many of the All inclusive resorts in the Caribbean. There is an AI fee that is higher than what you might pay to the resort if you booked directly. There are a few good deals, but there are a lot of bad ones. The $300 does NOT get you the AI and many are mandatory AI for as many people that the room fits, so if you book a 2 BR you likely have to pay for 4 AI fees minimally.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
We absolutely love RCI last calls, but would never ever ever buy retail to have access to them. We've had several great trips using them, and had friends visit us in Florida using them. They're exclusively last minute, but you get a feel for what areas will have availability when. Imo there are plenty of shoulder season weeks, not just mud season. The quality of resorts certainly varies wildly, though.

As for all inclusives, the few times I've looked at them, you can get better deals booking direct or through a consolidator. Now I search and filter then out.

Anyway, I'd be happy to do some searches for you to show you what availability looks like. Pick a location! Just don't buy whatever they were selling you. Buy a triennial at Grandview or some other Vacation Villages property instead.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Imo there are plenty of shoulder season weeks, not just mud season. The quality of resorts certainly varies wildly, though.

Yes, there are some. But are they available for $300? The sales people paint these wild pictures in potential buyers' minds of getting these shoulder season weeks for only $300. The $300 is usually for mud weeks.

I'm not saying belonging to RCI for Last Call is a waste. I'm just trying to erase any fantasies the sales people planted in mind of getting shoulder season weeks or intervals for peanuts.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
I'm confused, Last Call weeks are ALWAYS around $300 - that's like the definition of the Last Call program. You might be thinking about Extra Vacations, which can cost significantly more, but can also be booked in advance.

Edit : right now, there are 68 resorts with over 800 units available for last call, but many are AI required which is usually not a great value compared to other booking sources. That drops to nine resorts with only 148 units if you filter out AI required resorts.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are certainly not going to get an AI week all in for $300. Some of those resorts charge several hundreds in AI fees on top of the $300 last call that RCI charges. I am sure the salesman left that part out though.

RFoss

Reaction score
I knew it had to be to good to be true. Thanks for all the info. In this case is there any timeshares people recommend getting into for all inclusive type vacations?

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Piñon Pointe (eoy odd)
Hilton on the Boulevard (eoy even)
Hilton on the Boulevard (annual)
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge (annual)
Slightly off topic....

We hit Costco for cheap liquor, pre-made meals or easy meals that simply need to be thrown in the oven. Low cost, all inclusive...and sometimes better quality than AI resorts. You also have grocery delivery available in most markets. Many restaurants offer delivery too. For our family, we are just as happy with these options as we are with a AI resort.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hi RFoss,

Welcome to TUG! If you are interested in staying at an RCI resort but not interested in purchasing a timeshare, look into Trip Beat. It is a site owned by RCI that lets you have access to unused timeshare units and all-inclusive timeshare stays. With Trip Beat you will pay your weekly rental rate, and if you choose to go all inclusive there will be a fee for each person per day.
https://www.tripbeat.com/

Most of the all-inclusive resorts in the Caribbean listed with RCI are located in the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, maybe one on Aruba, a new one for next year on St Martin, and Mexico. The Divi Resorts throughout the Caribbean are all inclusive optional.

For some of the Mexican resorts, if you rent from an owner, say from here on TUG, you can get discounts on meals and all inclusive packages. Hopefully a Mexican owner will chime in and explain it in more detail.

I haven’t tried them yet but Cheap Caribbean offers vacation packages that include all inclusive resorts.
https://www.cheapcaribbean.com/