• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Changing a deed

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
My Mother wants off the timeshare deed. I am taking it over, and am also on the deed, added later. Could anyone educate me on how to get my Mother's name off the deed? Is a quit claim deed good enough? Also, how does one change a deeded property? Her second deed is at Bali Hi in Hawaii, I'm not on that one, I need to have a new deed drawn up, and registered in Hawaii? Any suggestions on that? Thanks for any help I can get!!

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Mother wants off the timeshare deed. I am taking it over, and am also on the deed, added later. Could anyone educate me on how to get my Mother's name off the deed? Is a quit claim deed good enough? Also, how does one change a deeded property? Her second deed is at Bali Hi in Hawaii, I'm not on that one, I need to have a new deed drawn up, and registered in Hawaii? Any suggestions on that? Thanks for any help I can get!!
Who did your mom buy from ?
If the Bali Hai deed has direct purchase status. You need to ad your name first before taking your moms name off to keep direct purchase status.

For transfer I would use LT Transfer. They can do Hawai deeds as long as there is no escrow. You might check with Wyndham to see if you can keep direct purchase since you are getting it from your mom. Would eliminate one deed adding you first

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This resort has 2 kinds of deeds: Does she own a Bali Hai timeshare that is in Wyndham points, or does she own a non-Wyndham Bali Hai timeshare managed by Grand Pacific Resorts?

GPR uses Advanced Financial Company to handle their title transfers.

I recently used LT Transfer to transfer a GPR deed for me, and about halfway through the transfer, I found out that AFC still charges the owner a high transfer fee, even if you use a different transfer company to do all the work. So I think it's cheaper just to use AFC for the transfer, instead of paying 2 title companies.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
This resort has 2 kinds of deeds: Does she own a Bali Hai timeshare that is in Wyndham points, or does she own a non-Wyndham Bali Hai timeshare managed by Grand Pacific Resorts?

I recently used LT Transfer to transfer a GPR deed for me, and about halfway through the transfer, I found out that AFC still charges the owner a high transfer fee, even if you use a different transfer company to do all the work. So I think it's cheaper just to use AFC for the transfer, instead of paying 2 title companies.
I was thinking point contracts. LT Transfer did a UDI and converted weeks to points for me.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Correct - if it is Wyndham points, you wouldn't use AFC.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access

She owns a Bali Hai deed in Wyndham points.

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
Who did your mom buy from ?
If the Bali Hai deed has direct purchase status. You need to ad your name first before taking your moms name off to keep direct purchase status.

For transfer I would use LT Transfer. They can do Hawai deeds as long as there is no escrow. You might check with Wyndham to see if you can keep direct purchase since you are getting it from your mom. Would eliminate one deed adding you first
They bought directly from Wyndham. They have 2 contracts, Bali Hai, and CWA. 513,000 points grandfathered gold

Wolf&Sprite

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Avon
As stated above, check the Tribute program with Wyndham. They should transfer the Bali Hai deed from your mother to you at no charge. Since your name is already on the CWA account they probably won't do the same for it, but it never hurts to ask.