• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Regency

Rugzyschick

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with a Club Regency Timeshare? Looking at Club Regency at Regency Towers in Myrtle Beach. The website lists alot of their timeshare info but not any type of point system, they are affiliated with RCI and II. So just reaching out to see if any of you have/had a timeshare through them to see how it all works with them.

Rugzyschick

Reaction score
OK so I emailed Club Regency and asked about their point system and found the answer LOL. This is what they said....

Our property is a fixed and deeded property. We do not issue points. You do have the availability to convert your deeded property to points and that is offered through the exchange companies. We have no control or say so on this exchange rate. It depends on which week you own and how far in advance you convert.

So I gather if you want to go somewhere else, you would have to convert that week to points for that year? Is this a good "system"? I don't really know much about timeshares right now, but it seems like it might possibly be a pain the butt to go this route?

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
You can exchange without using points. You just trade your week through RCI/II or another exchange company. The thing to bear in mind is that there will be exchange fees along with your home resort maintenance fees.

Rugzyschick

Reaction score
You can exchange without using points. You just trade your week through RCI/II or another exchange company. The thing to bear in mind is that there will be exchange fees along with your home resort maintenance fees.

What is the average exchange fee thru RCI and II? I don't mind paying an exchange fee if it isn't too exuberant. The MF fees thru Club Regency (right now) are $778 2BR, $992 3BR.

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC-Animal Kingdom, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Aruba Surf Club
A little off topic. I stayed here summer of 2016 (RCI trade) and attended an owner's meeting. My feeling from talking to different owners was that very few owners here trade. There are also residents who live there for several months a year.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I think RCI is now $239 for a week exchange and II is $189 (at least through Shell Vacations)

Rugzyschick

Reaction score
A little off topic. I stayed here summer of 2016 (RCI trade) and attended an owner's meeting. My feeling from talking to different owners was that very few owners here trade. There are also residents who live there for several months a year.

How did you like the resort? Updated? What would you have rated it? Looking at the pictures, I believe maybe a 3ish? How was staff? Was the beach horribly crowded there in August (we are looking at this an option for August 2017 vacation)? Close to restaurants? How was the kitchen, website says fully functional? What was your overall impression?

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rugzyschick,
The Regency Towers are located at the end of the strip and the beach was not very crowded. It is very close to the Commons, which has restaurants and shops. There are no real restaurants within walking distance, its in a very quiet area and attracts an older crowd. The kitchen was functional and there are grills in the pool area.

It is best for older people and families with very young children who don't want to be in the middle of the action. My teens were a little bored there, so we spent time driving to the commons and driving to the busier parts of the strip.

My 14 year old was able to drive a jet ski further down the strip where there was more competition among vendors. 3 is probably a fair rating.

Rugzyschick

Reaction score
Rugzyschick,
The Regency Towers are located at the end of the strip and the beach was not very crowded. It is very close to the Commons, which has restaurants and shops. There are no real restaurants within walking distance, its in a very quiet area and attracts an older crowd. The kitchen was functional and there are grills in the pool area.

It is best for older people and families with very young children who don't want to be in the middle of the action. My teens were a little bored there, so we spent time driving to the commons and driving to the busier parts of the strip.

My 14 year old was able to drive a jet ski further down the strip where there was more competition among vendors. 3 is probably a fair rating.

Thanks Trudy. We're ok with being away from the crowd with the old timers LOL....kinda what we were aiming for. We have no problem with cooking in the kitchen, grills are even better, and are fine with having to get in the car to go out to dinner too. We basically just wanna veg on the beach alone. Our 11 yr old doesn't need to be in the crowded "party central" anyways....pretty sure as long as there's wifi the world won't end :)

Trudyt623

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Trudy. We're ok with being away from the crowd with the old timers LOL....kinda what we were aiming for. We have no problem with cooking in the kitchen, grills are even better, and are fine with having to get in the car to go out to dinner too. We basically just wanna veg on the beach alone. Our 11 yr old doesn't need to be in the crowded "party central" anyways....pretty sure as long as there's wifi the world won't end :)

The commons area was so nice my husband and I looked at homes there and he still talks about how well we can live there during retirement. I am planning a trip to Hilton Head to see how that will compare in retirement. Enjoy your vacation