• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham Owner Looking into Marriott Destinations Resale Points

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I was wondering if any of you on here that have owned both Wyndham and Marriott could elaborate on the difference between the two

I do know...
1. Marriott has better quality than Wyndham but higher maintenance fees.
2. Wyndham has twice as many resorts as Marriott.
3. Marriott points are WAY more expensive to buy resale vs the $375 I paid to get my fully loaded Wyndham contract because of the $3,000 min transfer fee.

I want to know...
1. If you can book any day any size like Wyndham (I only want 2-4 nights at a time)
2. Availability of studio and 1 bedroom units in FL in May/September when it's cheapest.
3. If they charge cleaning fees for short stays (2-4 nights).

I live in Tampa and plan on only using the points in Florida. I can use my Wyndham points for when I leave the state. I'm thinking of eventually owning 130,000 Wyndham points, 2,000 Marriott points and 100 DVC points for a family of 4.

Looking at mostly staying at these resorts:

Beachplace Towers
Ocean Pointe
Grande Vista
Lakeshore Reserve
Harbour Lake
Royal/Sabal Palms

Last edited:

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott doesn’t have any lock offs or one bedrooms on Hilton Head Island. Everything is two bedroom with two Marriotts having some three bedrooms. Why don’t you just buy a week or two on the secondary market rather than the points. Two thousand wouldn’t get you much on the ocean during high season on HHI.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
I was under the impression that you could bank/borrow your points. I'm planning on owning multiple companies so I don't have to keep going to the smae resorts year after year. I'm mostly looking at Marriott for Florida since Wyndham doesn't allow you to book short stays without paying additional cleaning fees ($142 for a 1 bedroom). Marriott does let you book 2-3 night stays no problem though right?

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
I plan on staying at mostly these resorts from Thursday-Monday during the off season ( Apr 27 – May 31 and Aug 24 – Nov 29) in a studio or 1 bedroom

Beachplace Towers
Ocean Pointe
Grande Vista
Lakeshore Reserve
Harbour Lake

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
since Wyndham doesn't allow you to book short stays without paying additional cleaning fees ($142 for a 1 bedroom).

If you’re wanting to diversify for the variety, that’s one thing, but I just wanted to point out that this isn’t exactly correct. You will only get hit with paying for HK credits if you book only short stays without balancing them with longer ones. If your average length of stay is 4-5 nights, you probably won’t run out. If you only book 2-3 night stays, then yes, you’ll run out of HK and need to pay for some later in the year.

Edit: in case it needs clarification, I’m referring to Wyndham here. Fees are only charged if one runs out of the included housekeeping credits.

Last edited:

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
So Marriott charges housekeeping like Wyndham?

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score