• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Contruction at Marriott's Grande Chateau?

Cindala

TUG Member
Reaction score
Received an email from Marriott to submit our vacation preferences for our upcoming stay at the Grande Chateau. Does anyone know if there is any current construction going on? Also, is there a certain tower or location I should request?
Thanks!;)

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
JW Marriott Las Vegas is a good alternative for a hotel property with fantastic amenities just 15 minutes from the strip.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Construction is for tower 3. Tower 1 would be the furthest away.

Last edited:

stoler527

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
View of the strip

We stayed there the week of Memorial Day. The construction was not a problem except for two mornings. Our whole room vibrated. The front desk said that they were drilling holes in the current tower to connect the buildings together. That should be over by now.

I would request a room with a view of the strip. Those rooms would have more insulation from any noise. Our room looked over the construction and a parking garage, probably the worst location. We had a good time anyway, so I wouldn't worry unless you are super sensitive.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
If you have a 3 bedroom you should be on the end.
We did and did not hear any construction noise.
We could hear the strip noise because it was a holiday weekend being Memorial day. Not sure how it would be on a normal weekend.

Enjoy. It's a great resort.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
We were there in April in a 3BR on the 6th floor. Construction was outside the second bedroom where the new pool will be. Workman could see in the bedroom early a.m. Request a high floor. I did, but the request was ignored.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will the construction project be completed by February 2014? I looking at this resort for my birthday in early February.

SMB1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista, Lakeshore Reserve, OceanWatch(2), Marriott Destination Points, Club Wyndham Points (Ocean Boulevard)
Received an email from Marriott to submit our vacation preferences for our upcoming stay at the Grande Chateau. Does anyone know if there is any current construction going on? Also, is there a certain tower or location I should request?
Thanks!;)

Just returned yesterday. I think if you ask to be at the end of the hall furthest from the elevators you won't hear the construction. We were about half way and my wife and I didn't hear it unless it was pointed out to us, but our guests said they were woken up each morning at 8:00 by the construction.

I guess it depends if you have rabbit ears. Our neighborhood barking dogs, and lawn mowers don't affect me either, but other neighbors complain about those. So I might not be the best source.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
We were there in April in a 3BR on the 6th floor. Construction was outside the second bedroom where the new pool will be. Workman could see in the bedroom early a.m. Request a high floor. I did, but the request was ignored.

We were too but we were at the end facing Elara. I could see it from my window. I thought all the 3 bedrooms were on the same end. Sorry. :eek:

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
Where are the 3 br located ?

Just wondering what sides are the 3 br ? One facing the strip and one facing the construction ? Heading out there in a couple of weeks in a 3 br and just sent my reply back asking for city view and a high floor.

Thanks in advance

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
High floor and city view are key. We were low floor and city view- not good.

stoler527

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Titanic

If the construction is bad and you need to get away from it, go to the Luxor to the Titanic exhibit. They have a big piece of the hull there, jewelry, etc. We really enjoyed it more than we thought that we would.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is a great exhibit. I never expected the hull . We totally enjoyed that attraction. The best was the helicopter ride to the the Grand Canyon.

nokaoi9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Sheraton, Westin
My wife and I are currently at Grand Chateau. We are on the 17th floor with a nice view of the strip. We have not heard any construction noise in the couple days we've been here, though there is a stand up sign next to check-in advising of noise.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we the construction project be completed ?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
When we the construction project be completed ?

This is the notice on the resort page at my-vacationclub.com:

"The resort will be under construction with an estimated completion date of 2014. Beginning in March 2012, we will be starting the construction process of our third tower. Although noise, dust, debris and views of construction will be prevalent and somewhat severe at times, the amenities and facilities of our completed towers will be fully operational."

"2014" is pretty vague, though. :D Has anyone heard anything more specific while at the resort?

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points

Empty Nest

TUG Member
Reaction score
Checked in today

Here is what we received in the welcome package:

"We are currently expanding Marriott's Grand Chateau by building our third tower. Although noise, dust, debris and views of construction will be prevalent and somewhat severe at times,the amenities and facilities of our completed towers will be fully operational." (emphasis theirs)
We anticipate completion of the third tower and it's [sic] amenities in July of 2014.
Construction activity may start as early as 4:30 AM, however the majority of the severe construction noise will be M-F between 8 AM and 4 PM with occasional limited work on Saturday and Sunday.

The third tower will include an expanded fitness center, a lobby bar, an activities room , an expanded MarketPlace with a variety of convenient food items and a new 5th level pool deck with a pool bar and grill.

This is a one night stay over for us on our way to California so we are outta here on Friday.

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
Pictures?

Since the GC's third tower topped out many months ago and they completed the parking area for the entire complex with that tower, I would think the outside should look completed with just interior work to complete. Haven't seen any picutures yet showing any details. I am particularly curious about the 2nd pool and the surrounding pool-scape. A few years back it was rumored that the pool would be 30% larger than depicted in the mock-up display they had in the lobby. So, when are we going to start seeing pictures....?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Since the GC's third tower topped out many months ago and they completed the parking area for the entire complex with that tower, I would think the outside should look completed with just interior work to complete. Haven't seen any picutures yet showing any details. I am particularly curious about the 2nd pool and the surrounding pool-scape. A few years back it was rumored that the pool would be 30% larger than depicted in the mock-up display they had in the lobby. So, when are we going to start seeing pictures....?

I am curious, too. Going in April.

dhole

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would think that anybody staying on the airport side of Tower 2 would have a birds eye view of the new pool deck area. You also should be able to see it from the airport side offices in the sales center. Surely someone could snap a picture or two. :)