• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

COPA Airline

uop1497

Reaction score
I am planning a trip to ST Maarten and this airline shows up in United website during my search.

If anyone has ever flew COPA airline from SFO to Carribean or within Carribean countries, please share your experience ( like and not like) about this airline.

Please advise and Thank you

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We flew from Aruba to Panama and onward to Cancun. As well as from Curacao to Panama and on to Cancun. They were fine. They served breakfast on the early flights. Maybe a meal to Cancun too. They were fine. They utilize the United logo, frequent flyer program and reservation system. They are fine. We had a great experience and were actually upgraded to first/business on one of the four flights as my wife had Mileage Plus silver status from her MR Platinum.

Last edited:

uop1497

Reaction score
@ Dioxide45,

Thanks for your reply.

@ ALL,

I have another question, my flight home from Saint Maarteen ( SXM ==> MIA ==> SFO) has 2 hours connection at MIA airport , will it be enough time to go thru US immigration clearance at MIA with checked luggage . We have global entry card

If someone has go thru immigration clearance at MIA, please share how it works when you return from your carribean trip.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have another question, my flight home from Saint Maarteen ( SXM ==> MIA ==> SFO) has 2 hours connection at MIA airport , will it be enough time to go thru US immigration clearance at MIA with checked luggage . We have global entry card

If someone has go thru immigration clearance at MIA, please share how it works when you return from your carribean trip.
You'll have plenty of time. You go through immigration first- just follow the Global Entry signs. Then you pick up your luggage very nearby and put it on a cart and turn in the customs declaration to the nice Customs person, and exit through a door and re-check your bags. Then head to security to go to your gate to continue on. (or restaurant on the way)

Jim

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
@ Dioxide45,

Thanks for your reply.

@ ALL,

We just flew in to Miami from Barbados. Though we weren't connecting. We also have Nexus/Global Entry. There were a ton of kiosks and literally no line at the immigration counter. You won't have an issue making your connection baring any delays.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You'll have plenty of time. You go through immigration first- just follow the Global Entry signs. Then you pick up your luggage very nearby and put it on a cart and turn in the customs declaration to the nice Customs person, and exit through a door and re-check your bags. Then head to security to go to your gate to continue on. (or restaurant on the way)

Jim
There are no more customs declaration forms. Everything is done at the kiosk, at least in Miami and many other airports. The kiosk prints out a receipt. In Miami we only talked with one person, the immigration officer and he took the receipt. There was no separate customs check, but I am sure they could have pulled us aside after we grabbed our bags.

uop1497

Reaction score
Thanks again for addition clarification .

Does anyone know if any handicap wheelchair assistance for Arrival at Miami airport and Saint maarteen airport. My travel partner need wheel chair assistance from and to the gate. Do these airports provide this service . maybe at Miami since it is US airport, but I do not know it this service is available at Saint Maarteen or not. And if it is how can I made arrangement.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't know about St Maarten, but Miami is BAD for wheel chair assistance. We had requested assistance for DW coming back from Barbados. There was no one waiting at the gate. Walking along further there were lots of wheelchairs and a few workers, but we were pointed to go further ahead for American Airlines wheel chair assistance. There was nothing else further ahead. When getting to the baggage claim area, we were told to go get our bags first then come back to a waiting area. The problem was that our baggage carrousel was ALL THE WAY at the other end. Not a short walk. They would not let me push her in a wheel chair, we tried and when I stepped away to pull bags from the belt, they kicked her out of the chair and took it. It was miserable for DW. I wouldn't count on much help in Miami, unless perhaps you are willing to wait a long time for it.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Make the wheelchair arrangements through the airline. If you are using United and the COPA is a codeshare with them, your wheelchair request and baggage interline should be seamless. That said, sometimes at airports outside the US, assistance can be spotty. On one occasion in Frankfurt, We never did get wheelchair assistance, and never even saw a wheelchair I could use to push my wife myself in.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure at sxm but copa always have wheelchairs waiting it seems.
Thanks again for addition clarification .

Does anyone know if any handicap wheelchair assistance for Arrival at Miami airport and Saint maarteen airport. My travel partner need wheel chair assistance from and to the gate. Do these airports provide this service . maybe at Miami since it is US airport, but I do not know it this service is available at Saint Maarteen or not. And if it is how can I made arrangement.