• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Corporate Events Solutions scam

efspetaluma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a call from "Debbie" at Corporate Events Solutions offering to rent out my RCI and Interval International "Getaway" weeks at a nice guaranteed profit to me. I was to purchase the maximum number of weeks possible per year and give them to her to rent out to corporations looking for something cheaper than hotel rooms for extended stays. The net profit to me would be around $8,000 per year. The transaction would involve a complicated three-way phone call in which I would use my credit card to buy the weeks and then sign a "virtual contract" turning over the weeks to her company.

I did some research before agreeing and found out that this is just another scam to get my credit card information. These weeks are not rentable to third parties. This company has had multiple complaints registered with the BBB.

Just a heads up. Don't fall for this scam.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
Yeah, somebody left a voicemail to that effect on our home phone ... pfffft.

jrc0109

TUG Member
Reaction score
We got a similar call today pitching the same deal. We were to buy 3 or 6 weeks @ $399 per week. We didn’t fall for it.