• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cost to Buy Your Kid's Way Into The Best Universities

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
And my father's words when I walk thru the kitchen door from Florida at Thanksgiving ... "Where did you come from?" I said the airport, as I paid for my own plane flight ... .

I guess he wasn’t a helicopter parent .

Sounds like a conversation on “That 70’s Show “with Red .

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was a junior in high school, the nuns told us we all had to be there on a Saturday. The entire class took the ACT, but we were not told anything about it in advance. There was a girl in the class who was legally blind, and she had the same last name as me. The nuns insisted she was either my sister or cousin and I had to help her, the nun kept coming by and saying, help your sister with the test. I had transferred to the school that year, and I was not given a science or math class. I am trying to do my best on a timed test but kept having to stop to read the test to my “relative”. Somehow I managed to score as well as the the top students in the state, just figured the math out with common sense and never had any problem with reading or vocabulary. But the next year, still no science or math and had to get into it with a nun to get a science class. Five years after I graduated, I got a call from someone writing up on what former students were doing. When I said I had graduated college, was teaching and working on my masters, the response was aren’t you married, don’t you have children. I was told I wasn’t interesting enough to include.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
interesting - a scammer that defrauded ....

But he “played hockey at Yale in the 1980’s “
- so an educated scammer ,who knew he was skating on thin ice .

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
But he “played hockey at Yale in the 1980’s “.

How can we be sure he did actually play.....or was he the prototype for the whole scam??????

Cheers

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Put those girls in a boat and see if they can cross the river.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Put those girls in a boat and see if they can cross the river.

But they might ruin a nail or mess up their hair, let alone their makeup. These girls (young ladies) are so "White Privileged" I doubt that they know how to butter toast.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
.......These girls (young ladies) .... I doubt that they know how to butter toast.

Do they even know what toast is ?
probably ate cake *every day .

* courtesy of Marie A.

I don’t really understand why the parents wasted so much money / You can by the T- shirt at the campus store for $ 24.99 or less .

(IMO) -As parents : they were going to end up buying them the 1.5 Million condo in Williamsburg - so their children could have an internship in NYC / and then make xx an hour to have a relevantly fashionable & Instagramable job .

Vanity -

Waiting for the - USC - Rowing Crew
T-Shirt / someone will sell a bunch of them .

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
These girls (young ladies) are so "White Privileged" I doubt that they know how to butter toast.

Much can be said of these "girls" and their, what's the use of being rich if you can't abuse it outlook on life however, "White Privileged" may not be the road you wish to take this down. Just a thought. :thumbup:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Ironically the father who reportedly yelled at the high school counselor started his fashion business by making T-Shirts.

LOL...Perhaps the new T-Shirt would say:

uSc CREW U?

To add to the "you can't make this up" category. "Aunt Becky" had the gall to sign autographs as if this were a Hollywood publicity event outside of the courthouse.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
It looks as if the prosecutor is ratcheting up the pressure to those who refuse to cop a plea. In addition to piling on more charges, they are now starting to look at the adult children:
Feds signal adult children in 'Varsity Blues' cheating scandal may face criminal charges
Federal prosecutors sent letters to students who are over 18.
By Aaron Katersky Apr 13, 2019 9:40 AM
Federal prosecutors in Boston have signaled that some of the adult children of parents charged in an ongoing college cheating scandal could also face criminal charges.

Prosecutors have sent target letters to adult children who were believed to have known about the scheme and who were at least 18 years old when it was conceived, according to a source familiar with the letters who spoke to ABC News on the condition of anonymity.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Boston declined to comment.

It’s unclear who received a letter or how many were sent.

U.S. Attorney for District of Massachusetts Andrew Lelling said in announcing the charges against parents last month that it was unclear how much the children were aware, if at all, of the cheating schemes.

Target letters typically inform a subject they are part of an investigation and encourage cooperation. By themselves the letters do not necessarily indicate the recipients will be charged.

The scandal was exposed on March 12 when Lelling announced charges against over 50 people, including many notable CEOs and actresses Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman. William Singer, who ran a college counseling service called Key Worldwide Foundation, pleaded guilty to helping students get into their chosen colleges either by cheating on the SATs or ACTs or by falsely claiming some of the applicants were student-athletes.

Singer accepted $25 million in bribes to carry out the cheating schemes, according to the indictment.