• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cross selling across the brands has begun

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has cross selling begun? We haven't stayed at a Westin Hotel, so they didn't grab my name from a Westin stay. Either Marriott Vacations is culling emails from the master Bonvoy list or Westin Vacations took from Marriott owners or Interval?

Came to the email I use with Bonvoy and MVC:

We just got an email from Westin Vacations:
5 Days + 4 Nights in Southern California for $299

Dear xxxx

You’re invited to experience the serenity of Southern California at one of TripAdvisor’s most recent Certificate of Excellence and Hall of Fame award winners. This ultra-exclusive offer includes:

V-WMH0948-SP__rule-darkgray.jpg

5 Days + 4 Nights at The Westin Mission Hills Resort Villas, Palm Springs

V-WMH0948-SP__rule-darkgray.jpg

Plus your choice of 15,000 Marriott Bonvoy™ Points OR a $75 Resort Certificate for golf, spa services, dining or shopping during your stay
WESTIN VACATION CLUB

Your stay will also include an introduction to Westin Vacation Club. Through a personalized tour and presentation, you’ll discover flexible vacations with unique experiences and an award-winning villa resort collection.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Marriott Vacations Worldwide has been saying for many months that they are now using the Bonvoy database to market both their Marriott Vacation Club and their Westin/Sheraton Vacation Club programs. Since Westin, Sheraton, and Marriott are all Bonvoy participants, all of the timeshare brands have access to the Bonvoy database for tour generation purposes. This is not a new development.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Jim from the next county...
I knew they said they would-- just first actual one to hit my email. I'm sure others are to come. But it does make me wonder-- if they are going to combine the programs to some degree, why would I even consider buying a Westin until I know how Westin would jive with my Marriotts?

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC
I knew they said they would-- just first actual one to hit my email. I'm sure others are to come. But it does make me wonder-- if they are going to combine the programs to some degree, why would I even consider buying a Westin until I know how Westin would jive with my Marriotts?
I would sit still and see how the merger all plays out, conflicting info from sales presentations, wait and see is the best strategy.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
I've been getting emails about going to Cancun Lagunamar for a 5 nite "vacation" for the past couple of months. I am not a Westin owner. It does sound tempting if only I could get by better half to go along.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

I agree that an educated buyer - like most TUGgers - would know to wait and see how the future cross-pollination is going to work. But those marketing emails don’t know you or I are educated buyers and are directed to the mass market of prospects. Marriott Vacations Worldwide needs to make sure sales continue to move until any combined program debuts, so they will continue to push both programs as they are until they have something else to sell. The fact that most potential buyers are not really in the loop that big changes may be coming in the next 9-12 months works to that advantage.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Been getting emails, phone calls and mailers about discount trips to MVC. I love those deals. Few hundred bucks for 5 nights sign me u lol

Bill4728

Reaction score
This is the part I'm wondering about
"Your stay will also include an introduction to Westin Vacation Club. Through a personalized tour and presentation, you’ll discover flexible vacations with unique experiences and an award-winning villa resort collection."
What is the Westin Vacation Club ? It was Starwood and now it is Vistana but it was never Westin vacation club

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
This is the part I'm wondering about
"Your stay will also include an introduction to Westin Vacation Club. Through a personalized tour and presentation, you’ll discover flexible vacations with unique experiences and an award-winning villa resort collection."
What is the Westin Vacation Club ? It was Starwood and now it is Vistana but it was never Westin vacation club

Westin Vacation Club and Sheraton Vacation Club were always the "brand names" used by Starwood, then Vistana, and now Marriott Vacations Worldwide for the timeshares they operated under the Westin and Sheraton brands. See the screenshot below of the footer on the Vistana website. While both Westin Vacation Club and Sheraton Vacation Club were under the Vistana umbrella and both participated in the VSN system, they were branded separately because they were each marketed to a different demographic - Westin being more upscale/higher income, Sheraton more middle-market.

Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 5.43.06 PM.png

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I've been getting emails about going to Cancun Lagunamar for a 5 nite "vacation" for the past couple of months. I am not a Westin owner. It does sound tempting if only I could get by better half to go along.
Haven't received that offer but it's one Id consider taking. Went there last year on a II exchange and it's a great resort and location. Felt very safe in the hotel zone, and used buses extensively, if that's your wife's concern (and I'm one that always errs on the side of caution).