• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Current Vidanta N.V. Grand Luxxe construction

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we were staying at Vidanta Nuevo Vallarta in May, there was construction going on near Grand Luxxe tower 5 (the tower with Quinto on the rooftop). We were staying in tower 3 then, but we may be staying in tower 5 when we go there again on August 31. Is construction still going on next to tower 5, and if so, is it bad enough that we should try to stay in another tower? Is one side of tower 5 more affected by construction noise than the other?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
There is always construction somewhere in the Vidanta universe .

That is where they use the money sales generates .

Last edited:

Flasher42

Reaction score
Please give an update to construction as we will be there mid October.
Also please tell if you found a quick way off property to marina?
Thank you

TheHappyWanderer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't see this until now. We stayed in Grand Luxxe NV Tower 5 three bedroom loft on starting August 31, 2019, and there weren't any significant construction issues near the unit then. The rooftop pool had just opened back up so we got to use that. There were pool closures/construction near the Vidanta pools that are near the ocean and some near the Grand Bliss. The GL punta pool was half-open and we used that one a lot.

We didn't walk to the marina this time, but we typically hike down the beach to it. It takes maybe 25 minutes starting when you get to the beach, but since it is the beach we find the walk enjoyable. We walk all the way down the beach and exit near the marina, but others have said you can cut through Sea Garden which would probably shave some time off the walk.

Flasher42

Reaction score
We stayed in 3bdroom spa unit. Building 4. Wonderful concierge Griscelda. Beautiful. GL pool was closed 2 days but we could uses the residences pool at top of building. Punta pool was partially closed as walkway was being refreshed. Adult pool closed along with another that was limited. Lazy river was open. Food was good a bit pricey. Didn’t seem to be a lot of vacationers. Walked to marina. Go thru Sea Garden. It’s easy and they are friendly there too.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
We stayed in 3bdroom spa unit. Building 4. Wonderful concierge Griscelda. Beautiful. GL pool was closed 2 days but we could uses the residences pool at top of building. Punta pool was partially closed as walkway was being refreshed. Adult pool closed along with another that was limited. Lazy river was open. Food was good a bit pricey. Didn’t seem to be a lot of vacationers. Walked to marina. Go thru Sea Garden. It’s easy and they are friendly there too.

Gricelda is one of our favorite concierges, too. Be sure to mention her by name in a Trip Advisor review of you write one; the hotel side management used mentions as part of their evaluations, so it makes a difference.

Saul Freeman

Reaction score
There is always construction happening there. When i went there in March it was all over the place, but they are good at keeping it under control so that you can enjoy your stay.

CatJ114683

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello! I am reading all the posts re Grand Luxxe and am hoping we did not make a mistake by trading our Breckenridge week for April 2020. I am getting the sense that as an exchanger, we are pretty much discounted by the property unless we commit to the presentation. Our confirmation says 2 bedroom 2 bath MVILLA. I also see the notation that the unit might differ from the one indicated. That REALLY gives me concern. We are at the age where we will be donating or somehow offloading all our timeshares in the next several years and are certainly not in the position to commit to any more. Does anyone have some positive input that might put my mind at ease?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hello! ... I am getting the sense that as an exchanger, we are pretty much discounted by the property unless we commit to the presentation.
Our confirmation says 2 bedroom 2 bath MVILLA. I also see the notation that the unit might differ from the one indicated. That REALLY gives me concern....

That’s what they want you to think -
I would say every Grand Luxe suite location is very nice .

The person who gives you the room key bracelet - is going to try to get you to a presentation because they work for Vida Sales .
(The front desk folks work for the “ hotel management” side .)
Be pleasant & do a bit of chit chat - then accept the room given - with no comment other than “thank you” . The minute you ask “ is it ocean front “ etc etc - you are engaging in their game.

Remember - the room selection is also based on who checked out this morning .
The room key person is limited to what is available . Part of this “ game “ is to create a need that they then fill by offering you a “ better room “

(ie - hypothetically - there are no high floor suites on the (Friday) you check in - because they were all filled with folks who checked in last Saturday .
Lots of owners get lower floor suites too.

Don’t worry - say no to the presentation at check in - unplug the room phone-
Enjoy your vacation at a wonderful , well run resort .

Last edited:

Flasher42

Reaction score
T-D-T. Is so right. Don’t let them see a crack. We always discuss before we arrive so their are no hesitations or looks between us. Stand firm but polite. We are not overly needy so any floor or view is fine. I have found that once you have your room everyone is so friendly and helpful.
The only restrictions we have experienced was in Rivera Maya limiting the GL pool/burger bar.
You will have a fantastic vacation!