TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $12,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $12Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

CWA/CWP Access for Chicago Wyndham

Discussion in 'Wyndham Vacation Resorts' started by Grammarhero, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Grammarhero

Grammarhero TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham, EY 381k pts
    Williamsburg Plant, EY 4L/4
    DRI South Bend, EY 1/1

Been to:
    Intl: Aruba, Aus, Bah, China, Jpn, HK, Macau, Mex
    US: AZ, CA, DC, DE, IL, IN, KY, MD, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV
    The Wyndham directory says Chicago Grand Wyndham has limited availability. Does this mean only two (2) days are available at a time?

Attached Files:

2. 55plus

55plus TUG Member

That mean not all units are timeshare units. It's like Wyndham Clearwater, a hotel with dedicated timeshare units.

3. capital city

capital city TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
    it shows nothing available after March 1. It's been like that for months. I called 2 weeks ago and the VC said oh yeah I just noticed that yesterday. Not sure what's up, just keep checking. I said it's been like that for months, she said oh yeah just keep checking not sure what's up.

Why do we let Wyndham get away with this crap?

wjappraise and Grammarhero like this.
  4. GRapuser

GRapuser Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Club Wyndham
    No, it just means that there are a small number of rooms that are available as Club Wyndham timeshare rooms. Most are standard hotel rooms that are part of the Wyndham Grand Hotel. The standard booking length applies to the Club Wyndham rooms.

Grammarhero likes this.
  5. Richelle

Richelle TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham National Harbor
    Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
    Williamsburg Plantation
    Vacation Villages at Parkway
    It says "Limited number of accommodations" which means 50 or less units available for booking at any given time. The reason for the correction is because the term "Limited availability" pops up during the booking process when it cannot string together consecutive nights in one unit, as you mentioned. "Limited availability" and "Limited number of accommodations" mean different things in this particular scenario. For the directory page, it means 50 or less units available for booking to Club Wyndham owners.

dgalati and Grammarhero like this.
  6. Richelle

Richelle TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham National Harbor
    Wyndham Bali Hai Villas
    Williamsburg Plantation
    Vacation Villages at Parkway
    page 2 of the directory has this in tiny print:

upload_2019-9-11_23-24-17.png

7. HitchHiker71

HitchHiker71 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Outer Banks Beach Club I
    Colonies at Williamsburg
    WCA VIP Gold (718k EY)
    National Harbor Resale (689k)
    Since you mention CWA in the title, it's also worth mentioning that CWA has zero ownership in the Chicago Wyndham resort - so if you book in the ARP window - and only own CWA - you are out of luck. If you are booking in the standard 10 month booking window, when points are points, then it won't matter what you own.

Grammarhero and Richelle like this.
  8. schoolmarm

schoolmarm TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Bali Hai, Sedona and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
    Also, I believe that you cannot buy a deed to Chicago because Wyndham has this property on a long-term lease (20-30 years? I can't remember). There are 40 some "Timeshare" units on about 3 floors, maybe 4. I've stayed in a 1-BR and a Studio. Both faced the river.

The property is very nice and I am very glad that we can book there (if you book early--or maybe at the last minute) with our timeshare points.

You can always use Wyndham Reward points to book the hotel side--or pay.

I am guessing that the place is booked up from March on because of many HUGE conventions and State Tournaments and other such things that start up the end of February and go through May or June. There are certain sporting-event weekends that it is hard to get a room in Chicago. (Not quite as bad as when Michael Jordan was playing for the Bulls, but you get the picture).

9. schoolmarm

schoolmarm TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wyndham Bali Hai, Sedona and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
    Another interesting thing to note is that the resorts that have VERY limited availability technically only have to have 2 units TOTAL of Wyndham inventory per week. <-Don't go trying for an upgrade!! Very limited availability is 2-10 units. Limited is 11-50 units.