• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Daytona Cancellations.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it’s a little early to fully tell yet.
Several resorts are closed or not completely back up and running from hurricane damage. All Margaritaville owners are looking elsewhere.
Some of the reservations from the mega renters closed down probably went straight to Extra Holidays.
All the phantom availability when Voyager went live.

Glad to hear some have already seen improvement.
I put ALL the blame on Wyndham on how they let the mega renters run wild for so long!!
All they had to do was limit GCs.
Close loopholes of getting Platinum accounts without direct purchases. They closed them now for the most part after some of the mega renters are out.

Limit the number of resale points getting VIP benefits to the number of points bought directly.
You buy 1,000,000 points directly you can add 1,000,000 resale points. That one would have made a big difference.

Last edited:

Baby Jane

Reaction score
Well we didn't recieve a 2nd email saying we were cancelled so I assume we are a go. Will definately call the resort to confirm a few days before we leave.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well we didn't recieve a 2nd email saying we were cancelled so I assume we are a go. Will definately call the resort to confirm a few days before we leave.

I hope all goes well for your trip. Ask around the various employees on hand about why there was the inventory issue. You'd be surprised how in-the-know the staff can be (other than sales). If it's new website driven, you can be sure they are outraged as we are.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I think it’s a little early to fully tell yet.
Several resorts are closed or not completely back up and running from hurricane damage. All Margaritaville owners are looking elsewhere.
Some of the reservations from the mega renters closed down probably went straight to Extra Holidays.
All the phantom availability when Voyager went live.

Glad to hear some have already seen improvement.
I put ALL the blame on Wyndham on how they let the mega renters run wild for so long!!
All they had to do was limit GCs.
Close loopholes of getting Platinum accounts without direct purchases. They closed them now for the most part after some of the mega renters are out.

Limit the number of resale points getting VIP benefits to the number of points bought directly.
You buy 1,000,000 points directly you can add 1,000,000 resale points. That one would have made a big difference.

Limiting guest confirmations would only bump the price by $100, not enough to put a serious cramp on rentals. If I were able to get a discount and upgrade, I'd happily eat the $100.

Limiting the number of resale points getting VIP benefits would do the trick -- if Wyndham's computer system could handle it.

I wonder how many Platinum accounts didn't involve retail purchases and what impact they really had.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Limiting guest confirmations would only bump the price by $100, not enough to put a serious cramp on rentals. If I were able to get a discount and upgrade, I'd happily eat the $100.

Limiting the number of resale points getting VIP benefits would do the trick -- if Wyndham's computer system could handle it.

I wonder how many Platinum accounts didn't involve retail purchases and what impact they really had.
By limit GCs I mean you can’t buy more or the price jumps significantly more than $100.00[$500.00 or more]

When resale deeds are transferred you can’t go over the points you bought directly. Wyndham would just give you a second membership number. It takes them months to complete a transfer. One more little step should be able to sneak in there

From interpreting from what some posted. When mega renters exploded in the past 3-5 years most of the mega renters accounts didn’t involve buying 1,000,000 points directly. Most of the accounts setup by mega renters involved Pahio converted weeks. I would say that loophole has been shutdown completely. But someone will say it’s not completely closed. So I will say almost completely closed.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
or the winner could be the loads of non VIP owners and VIP owners who like to book somewhere between 10 months and 60 days before check in and don't mind paying full points value but don't want to have to plan out vacations at exactly 10 or 13 months.

I hope for us non-VIPs there's going to be a sweet spot in the 90-61 day window where we're able to borrow from next year's points but the upgrade window hasn't opened yet. It will completely depend on whether there's any decent inventory available at that point, though.

Baby Jane

Reaction score
Well well well. I honestly thought Wyndham was having overbooking issues but shock of shocks after the email went out and I assume some owners volunteered there weeks. Suddenly extra holidays has inventory during speed week. Still not even an odd day available for owners during the whole 2 week period :( Coincidence maybe.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well well well. I honestly thought Wyndham was having overbooking issues but shock of shocks after the email went out and I assume some owners volunteered there weeks. Suddenly extra holidays has inventory during speed week. Still not even an odd day available for owners during the whole 2 week period :( Coincidence maybe.

Did you have any problems at the resort.? Did it look like it was at capacity?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
And that surprises you? Wyndham management is NOT a hospitality company ... it is a FOR PROFIT to benefit the shareholders. At 60 days inside of checkin .. they can TAKE unbooked inventory for their RENTAL PROFIT.

Race Week at Daytona? BIG MONEY.

Baby Jane

Reaction score
And that surprises you? Wyndham management is NOT a hospitality company ... it is a FOR PROFIT to benefit the shareholders. At 60 days inside of checkin .. they can TAKE unbooked inventory for their RENTAL PROFIT.

Race Week at Daytona? BIG MONEY.
We did end up getting the extra night we were missing but not until the wee hours of the morning of check in day. Trip went well and even thouh reservation was slit 4x (we added extra 2 days on the end too) we only changed rooms 1x. Not bad for speed weeks.

Dave Landry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City Beach
We are here now
Not only did it seem like there was plenty of empty rooms when we checked in, but we were just able to score a few more days for this weekend and into next week as well as 4 days starting the week of bike week. :)

Baby Jane

Reaction score
It was pretty full for most of our stay but we don't spend the whole day at the pool so it wasn't a big deal.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
What's with the new fancy luggage carts for South Tower? There are only about 6 of them, but you can also use the other luggage carts. It appears to me that the North Tower and South Tower separating and are run differently. Cable TV in the South Tower and Satellite TV in the North Tower. We've been here since December 2nd and stayed in both tower throughout our stay. We started out our stay with one key-card for everything and now we have three. A chip card for South Tower parking and entrance into the building from parking, a different chip card for our room and a magnetic strip card for North Tower parking and entrance. There is a tour group (Yankee Doodle) consisting of 3 buses from New York - a lot of elderly couples with walkers. Wyndham must be making a mint from this. And they had to have secured the rooms prior to 60 days out in order to do this.

Baby Jane

Reaction score
What's with the new fancy luggage carts for South Tower? There are only about 6 of them, but you can also use the other luggage carts. It appears to me that the North Tower and South Tower separating and are run differently. Cable TV in the South Tower and Satellite TV in the North Tower. We've been here since December 2nd and stayed in both tower throughout our stay. We started out our stay with one key-card for everything and now we have three. A chip card for South Tower parking and entrance into the building from parking, a different chip card for our room and a magnetic strip card for North Tower parking and entrance. There is a tour group (Yankee Doodle) consisting of 3 buses from New York - a lot of elderly couples with walkers. Wyndham must be making a mint from this. And they had to have secured the rooms prior to 60 days out in order to do this.
We talked to a guy who owned there and Apparently the full time owners think Wyndham wastes money. Notice only North Tower has fresh paint. He said it took them forever to repair pool because the fulltime owners didn't want to spend the money. Also I assume thats why the golf is closed as there is a bi crack on the steps up to it. It didnt look like anythin was wrong but noticed it when I went round the lazy river

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
We talked to a guy who owned there and Apparently the full time owners think Wyndham wastes money. Notice only North Tower has fresh paint. He said it took them forever to repair pool because the fulltime owners didn't want to spend the money. Also I assume thats why the golf is closed as there is a bi crack on the steps up to it. It didnt look like anythin was wrong but noticed it when I went round the lazy river
Ocean Walk has two HOAs that is probably why you see a difference in the two towers.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score

I was there 2 weeks ago when the buses were rolling in. The Yankee tour has been doing this for a long time and not just in Daytona. They had well over 100 people. According to the people I talked to they booked in the summer and had till recent to book. Wyndham probably held on to the rooms and then canceled at last minute, reason for the disappearing inventory.. . And, they all got oceanfront, not view and cost her $2,000 for 2 weeks. That included the hotels on the way up and back and a meal or 2. I didn't get my oceanfront !!!

Baby Jane

Reaction score
Ocean Walk has two HOAs that is probably why you see a difference in the two towers.
Well timeshare is all North Tower and so many floors in South tower. Some of South tower is privately owned. I think thats why HOA's split. Anyway if i was owner I would be mad my HOA didn't want to paint and upkeep my investment or home :( One thing you can say about Wyndham resorts they do refurbish and update when needed.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well timeshare is all North Tower and so many floors in South tower. Some of South tower is privately owned. I think thats why HOA's split. Anyway if i was owner I would be mad my HOA didn't want to paint and upkeep my investment or home :( One thing you can say about Wyndham resorts they do refurbish and update when needed.
My post was based on the Sticky thread on 2017 MFs
Ocean Walk —MF was 6.21
Ocean Walk II - MF was 5.65
I assume there is 2 HOAs with each having it’s own units or tower

Wolf&Sprite

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Avon
My post was based on the Sticky thread on 2017 MFs
Ocean Walk —MF was 6.21
Ocean Walk II - MF was 5.65
I assume there is 2 HOAs with each having it’s own units or tower

At 56 cents difference maybe one just included the program fee and the other one didn't.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
At 56 cents difference maybe one just included the program fee and the other one didn't.

Probably not. It is typical that different buildings at the same resort will have different maintenance fees because they were built at different times. I know this to be true at Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach and Grand Desert in Las Vegas.