TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

DC and II retrades

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by radley, Sep 28, 2017.

1. radley

radley TUG Member

I saw in another post that someone said that if you have DC points then re-trades in II are free. Is that correct?

I have not been able to buy plus since i got DC points so i'd be delighted if it were!

Thanks in advance

Radley

2. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    No. Using points through II, you can only select non Marriott's. There are no free retrades into non Marriott's. If you own a legacy week-enrolled in the DC and deposit it as a week into your corporate II account and exchange Marriott to Marriott those trades and unlimited retrades would be free.

3. davidvel

davidvel TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
    I assume the OP has an enrolled week as s/he states "I have not been able to buy plus since i got DC points", but it is unclear.

4. radley

radley TUG Member

Sorry ! I missed an e from the Eplus.....! I have DC points and a couple of weeks which Iam still exchanging via II. I did a retrade for a bigger unit on my next exchange for summer 2018 and paid the retrade fee. So having seen the post about not paying retrade fees in II if one has a DC point account I am checking whether that is correct.

Thanks in advance.

5. Pamplemousse

Pamplemousse Guest

If you own a Marriott week and are enrolled in the DC and so have a corporate Marriott account on II then your Marriott to Marriott exchanges are "free" on II. You can cancel with no penalty and make another exchange.

Exchanges to non Marriott resorts have the normal exchange fee.

You can't purchase eplus on II for exchanges made on the corporate account. Even in you are exchanging to non Marriott. If you cancel a non Marriott exchange past 24 hours you lose your exchange fee and will need to pay a new one when you exchange again ( unless of course that exchange is to a Marriott).

Hope that makes sense!

6. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    Also if you upgrade to a larger size unit (even a Marriott) outside of flex (59 days prior to check in), you will be charged an upgrade fee which would be in addition to the Marriott to non Marriott exchange fee.

7. dioxide45

dioxide45 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott's Grande Vista
    Marriott's Harbour Lake
    SVV - Bella
    SVV - Key West
    When did you enroll your week that is currently the one that was used to confirm the exchange? Also, how much did you pay to retrade in to the larger unit for next summer? If it was only $99 or $198, that wasn't an exchange fee, rather an upgrade fee.

8. SuperBeav39

SuperBeav39 TUG Member

Hello,

I'm resurrecting an old thread but I would like some clarity from anybody that can provide it. I just did a trade this morning from my owned week, a 1BR at MKO, into a 2BR at MKO. My goal was for a 3BR, but the bulk deposit today did not include any 3BR units.

So I locked in a 2BR for now, but I want to keep my options open if a 3BR pops up later. On my current "pending" trade I only see an option for adding EPlus (which I know very little about) and no option to cancel or retrade. From reading above, it looks like once my trade is confirmed that I will have an option to cancel it ... and once cancelled I could use my original week to book a 3BR? Is that correct? Any help on the details of what I need to do to retrade into a 3BR if/when it becomes available would be appreciated.

Thank you!

9. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    I can't tell if you still have a pending ongoing search or if you recently confirmed an exchange. If you recently confirmed an exchange and have the option eplus can be added within 5 days of the exchange.

If you are seeing the option to add eplus than you don't have a corporate account with free retrades into Marriotts. If you have accepted the 2 BR you can add eplus for I think $59 and would have 1 year from the start date of your 1st confirmation so in this case the 2 BR MKO you exchanged into and would have 3 included retrades for any date up to that one year expiration after the original confirmation as long as the retrade is before 50 days before check in. If within 60 days the window changes.

You would no longer be able to have an ongoing request, it would be manual retrades that you see and initiate only. After 3 retrades you could cancel and would have one year from the cancellation date to use a replacement week which would have a full exchange fee to use.

In all cases if you are outside of flex and you upgrade into a larger unit you would also have to pay an upgrade fee. It is $99 per unit size upgrade if you have a standard membership and I believe $79/$50 for gold/platinum.

10. VacationForever

VacationForever TUG Member

$59 for platinum for one size upgrade.

11. SuperBeav39

SuperBeav39 TUG Member

This was not an ongoing search, I manually confirmed a trade this morning. And you are correct, I don't have a corporate account. So it sounds like I'd need to pay the $59 Eplus fee in the hopes that I can later uptrade into a 3BR. Interesting.

Thanks so much! Very helpful.

12. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Yes so if you pay the $59 eplus fee and find a 3 bedroom prior to 59 days (flex) before check in you would pay an upgrade fee ($99/$79/$59) at that time to retrade. No fee if upgrading during flex. If you do not find a bigger unit you do not get eplus refunded. If you do not get eplus you would pay another exchange fee plust the upgrade fee.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 6:42 PM
  13. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

So when will you be back? I am at "home" till may 11. Was not able to get the May weeks that included mothers day and memorial day. Will have to keep searching. Figures the one night I goto bed early the bulk deposit shows up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

14. SuperBeav39

SuperBeav39 TUG Member

Hi Frank! It's been a while... Currently we are booked for April 21 arrival, but that may change slightly when they deposit the 3BRs. April / May is the goal. I'll drop you a line when it's final and hopefully we can cross paths again.

15. frank808

frank808 TUG Member

Will be great talking to you again. Not much has changed here at MKO. The reflection pool was redone and they have added more palapa huts since you were here last. Also the marketplace is no longer run by Marriott but an outside vendor. Chucks is gone nd has been replaced by Longhis.

Hope to chat with you again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk