• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Deciphering Maintenance from Estoppel

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at an estoppel for a biennial odd unit with a monthly assessment of $46, making the cost $1104 every 2 years.

Is it correct that this $1104 would include 2 x $131 if it was the owner's only unit or $0.58/1K if they owned a total of more than ~234K annual points?

I assume so, since the estoppel says:

"The buyer's assessment rate may vary from the disclosed amount based on their overall ownership within Club Wyndham."

Also, the estoppel shows 0 2018 points but 7x the biennial allotment of 2019 points - I assume that's some sort of error? Should the odd allocation of points be what normally shows up here?

-Scott

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at an estoppel for a biennial odd unit with a monthly assessment of $46, making the cost $1104 every 2 years.

Is it correct that this $1104 would include 2 x $131 if it was the owner's only unit or $0.58/1K if they owned a total of more than ~234K annual points?

"The buyer's assessment rate may vary from the disclosed amount based on their overall ownership within Club Wyndham."

Also, the estoppel shows 0 2018 points but 7x the biennial allotment of 2019 points - I assume that's some sort of error? Should the odd allocation of points be what normally shows up here?

-Scott
How old is the estoppel your looking at. I also wonder if it’s an actual Wyndham Estoppel.
Wyndham doesn’t put use year points available on the estoppel unless Wyndham has changed the estoppel information again.
Wyndham estoppel states how many points are alotted [contract size] each use year. But not points currently available

Last edited:

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
How old is the estoppel your looking at.
About a year ago for a couple of months the Wyndham estoppel showed the current owner’s full account of points. I would make sure it’s current.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score

-Scott
About a year ago for a couple of months the Wyndham estoppel showed the current owner’s full account of points. I would make sure it’s current.
Wyndham stopped putting current points available around the first of the year.
A thread in February covered the change.
On the Wyndham threads page above the pink sticky threads or at the bottom of the page you will see thread pages.
New Estoppels Don’t State Available Points thread is on page 20 or just do a search for it. kaljor started the thread

Last edited:

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score

This estoppel is from 6/29/18. There are actually 2 copies - both the Owner's and the Buyer's and the Buyer's has no points listed, so it looks like the Owner's is listing the full points balance of the account and not just the one deed. Based on the large balance there, it looks like the owner has sufficient points to be above the minimum program fee, so I assume the maintenance of $46/month would include $0.58/1K.

-Scott

horsecreek

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the estoppel letter from Wyndham is the program fee always included in maintenance fee?

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
On the estoppel letter from Wyndham is the program fee always included in maintenance fee?

The last estoppel I got was in December of last year. It was for a small Club Wyndham Access purchase, and the Maintenance Fee listed did not include the program fee.