• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Depositing Wyndham Points to RCI

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
They would not be RCI points. With a developer purchase, you would see RCI Points inventory as well as nightly stays, but your currency in the RCI portal would still be in Wyndham points.

However. I'm pretty sure everyone here would advise that a developer purchase simply for the purpose of accessing RCI Points inventory is not a good use of funds.

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reading through this thread I think I understand as a resale owner, I will only be able to access RCI weeks.
Do I understand correctly that my Wyndham points contract will deposit as RCI weeks, and TPU is only applicable if I am depositing a fixed week into RCI weeks? I will use Wyndham conversion chart for points bedroom size weeks?
I'm going to have 800k points I need to do something with on two contracts....

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Reading through this thread I think I understand as a resale owner, I will only be able to access RCI weeks.
Do I understand correctly that my Wyndham points contract will deposit as RCI weeks, and TPU is only applicable if I am depositing a fixed week into RCI weeks? I will use Wyndham conversion chart for points bedroom size weeks?
I'm going to have 800k points I need to do something with on two contracts....
If you have Wyndham points, you have Wyndham points. No need to deposit into RCI if you like Wyndham. There are deposit and exchange fees. I’d stick with Wyndham.

Read the owner’s manual here http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1819/index.php#/19

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They will still be deposited as wyndham points and will still use the crossover grid, you only have access to weeks inventory. So for example a retail owner would use 105,000 to exchange into a 1 BR DVC unit, it could come from either rci weeks or points inventory. A resale owner would only be eligible to exchange into units deposited as weeks inventory. Most of the points inventory would allow nightly stays into the points inventory. You probably would miss out on somewhere around 30% of the total RCI inventory.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I will have to deposit them as they are both 2019 use year. Right?

Me thinks that Wyndham will realign your use year to from October 1, 2019, to September 30, 2020. If that is the case, stick with Wyndham, and no need to deposit into RCI.

If your use year ends on December 31, 2019, yikes! Try to deposit into RCI for $39, though will cost you $239 to book each RCI vacation. I uploaded two screenshots.

Attachments

• 878C2697-A0D1-439F-8929-286FC6CB3ADE.png
    878C2697-A0D1-439F-8929-286FC6CB3ADE.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 36
  • CA3D569B-7DB4-4F03-BFF1-6EBEEF4A0B96.png
    CA3D569B-7DB4-4F03-BFF1-6EBEEF4A0B96.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 37

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will only be able to access RCI weeks.
Not quite. When you deposit Wyndham points into RCI, they stay as a big bucket of points (possibly with different expiration dates). Exchanges cost a number of points specified by the crossover grid. Points in your "bucket" are used first-expire-first-used. Expiration date is at least the end of the month, two years from deposit, but can be longer depending on exactly how your RCI account is set up and when you deposit.

The confusion comes in that even though you are using (Wyndham) points, resale owners only have access to RCI Weeks inventory. Owners with a developer purchase (or who have previously enrolled in PlusPartners with a stand-alone enrollment) have access to Points. Those owners also pay a higher program fee. I have not found standalone enrollment to be worth it for me in the past, and I'm not even sure they still do it.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Me thinks that Wyndham will realign your use year to from October 1, 2019, to September 30, 2020.

Unless something has seriously changed, Wyndham will not realign resale contracts for new resale owners, only existing owners who have a contract with a different use year start. Assuming VAlegacy is a new owner and purchased contracts with a 1/1 use year, they will stay that way.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Try to deposit into RCI for $39

Also, the deposit to RCI only takes a reservation transaction, which is free or $19 (online, and no reason to pay more to call it in), depending on whether the owner has any free transactions left for the year. I believe the screenshot you uploaded was for the Wyndham points deposit to a future year, which is indeed $39.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also, the deposit to RCI only takes a reservation transaction, which is free or $19 (online, and no reason to pay more to call it in), depending on whether the owner has any free transactions left for the year. I believe the screenshot you uploaded was for the Wyndham points deposit to a future year, which is indeed $39.
Thanks for letting me know! I guess because it’s so close to the end of the year, Wyndham assumed it would go to the next year.