• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Diamond Resorts "update"

DRIless

Reaction score
Finally was treated with a little respect and dignity at a DRI update I went to in exchange for two seats at a private Diamond Experience of a Lifetime concert with Lauren Alaina. Only about 300+ people at the Virginia Military Aviation Museum.

I sat through the whole update and it was supposedly the first time they'd made me an offer since the year 2000. Points supposedly sell for $9.15/point and they repeated the year 2000 offer of 25,000 points at $3.00/point. I guess I should have asked how many resale contracts could I bring in with that? Anyone got a spare $75K.....

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
... they repeated the year 2000 offer of 25,000 points at $3.00/point.

A good price, but not a deal. $3 per point when buying 25,000 is a normal price. I've seen reports slightly higher and slightly lower when the purchase is large. Diamond's cost of the points is close to zero, so they are more interested in the size of the transaction than the price per point. The average transaction is about $22,000, so a $75k will pull up that key metric.

I guess I should have asked how many resale contracts could I bring in with that?

You could have re-qualified 50,000 resale points. The rule is: buy 50% of what you want to re-qualify.

awa

TUG Member
Reaction score
They told me that 20k resale was the maximum that each member could bring into the Club, but I'm also sure the rules change depending on who you ask.

DRIless

Reaction score

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Diamond's cost of the points is close to zero,
How do you figure that?

Diamond's financial reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Diamond reports their "cost of sales" (which is the acquisition cost of the points) is 20 cents per point.

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was recently able to bring in over 25,000 resale points with a small point purchase for under $10,000. I would have been happy to leave my weeks as weeks because I use Destination Exchange, and you can actually get better value with deeded weeks than with points. They gave me the whole, "You have to buy 1/2 your amount of points to bring in a resale deed." I said I wasn't interested in purchasing any more points, but would be happy to spend a few thousand dollars to bring in my resale weeks. They said they would see what they could do. They came back with an offer that I was happy with. It never hurts to ask... It was one of the most pleasant experiences I have had with Diamond.