• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did I just score with WM?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
My resale WM eBay purchase just closed, and today, (finally!), I was able to log in to the Worldmark website. I've posted a few threads about this purchase, and you've been pretty helpful helping me figure out what I was buying into. The account has an August 1 anniversary date.

My understanding from the estoppel, and from what the eBay Seller told me about the account, was that I'd receive "full points" in the account, and that the former owner was keeping all points prior to the August 2017 anniversary date. It's a 12K points account, so I expected to receive 12000 credits for 2018, as awarded August 2017, and the 12000 that would be awarded in August 2018, that could currently be borrowed.

However, today, when I finally got into the account I see this:

View attachment 5545

Am I reading this right? From that status, it appears I also got the 12K 2016 credits, right? So I have an extra 12K credits I wasn't expecting to see. So 36K instead of 24K?

Do Housekeeping tokens last as long as credits? The one that expires 8/31/2019 would be from the 2017 year, right? And the one available to borrow would be for the August 2018 anniversary year, but doesn't show an expiration date because it hasn't been issued? Am I reading this right?

I seem to have scored an extra 12K credits I wasn't expecting. If so, <Happy Dance> from me. :)

Dave, who is pretty happy, if this is as it appears. :)

Check reservations too. I bought one that had 17K in Points in reservations I was able to repurpose too.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Got it. Thanks. Seems easy, now that you say it like that, but the logic was escaping me. And the WM website doesn't say, anywhere that I could find.

Dave

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Check reservations too. I bought one that had 17K in Points in reservations I was able to repurpose too.
Good point. When I bought mine fully loaded, after closing I found another 6,700 points "parked" at a reservation, which I needed to call to change it to a different location and date and not lose it by rebooking online.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

Nothing extra hiding there. Nice idea, though. :)

I did see the reservation history, though, clear back to 2006. The previous owner liked staying in the same places over and over. Kind of interesting.

Dave

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bet that's common. The previous owner of my account to stayed the same 3 places all the time.

One of which was Maui over Christmas two out of every three years.

Interestingly, the account transferred to me with 4 level one wait lists for Maui the next Christmas. I only found out about when the system rejected my own wait list request.