• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney Saratoga Springs - first time I ever traded into Disney

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have stayed in Orlando many times and at great resorts, Marriott’s and Hilton’s . Each time I go to Disney parks.

I was lucky a few weeks ago to get a trade into Saratoga Springs for the first time. I was happy I would get to experience it but never expected the reaction I would have.

I just loved it, over the top. It is just so magical, the staff is attentive, the ease of going to the parks, Disney Springs near by, enjoying the main resort area within walking distant, spa, the highest end resort gym I ever saw, great affordable food on site, my favorite the lobster roll sandwich that can be gluten free and the gluten free chocolate cake. I could go on and on.

Just to leave nothing out the units are not as high end as the Marriott’s or Hilton’s but it really didn’t matter to me.

If you never went to Disney and get the chance to trade in give it a try.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We greatly enjoyed our 2 (2 different resorts) week stay at Disney Resorts several years ago. From getting picked up at the Airport, having our luggage delivered to our room, free transportation to all Parks, early and late hours at different Parks, our Room Card was our Charge Card, dropping off our luggage at the Resort on our Departure, transportation back to the Airport, etc, etc.

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
So glad you had a great time. I'm hoping to snag another week at Disney for either late April or first 3 weeks in May. We renewed our Florida resident weekday passes the day before the recent ticket price increase (probably won't be renewing next year as ticket prices are getting out of hand and hoping to unload our two weeks of timeshares in Orlando next year).
What section did you stay in?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So glad you had a great time. I'm hoping to snag another week at Disney for either late April or first 3 weeks in May. We renewed our Florida resident weekday passes the day before the recent ticket price increase (probably won't be renewing next year as ticket prices are getting out of hand and hoping to unload our two weeks of timeshares in Orlando next year).
What section did you stay in?
I was in Saratoga. The other disney timeshares must be spectacular being this was very nice and most put this as the last choice. I would take it anytime.

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
We are DVC owners and go there 2 -3 times a year. It never gets old for us! Glad you had a great time!

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I was in Saratoga. The other disney timeshares must be spectacular being this was very nice and most put this as the last choice. I would take it anytime.
Part of kjsgrammy's question was what part of Saratoga? SSR has 5 "communities" across the large property, each with their own "feel": Grandstand, Paddock, Carousel, The Springs and Congress Park. Always more to explore! ;)

Oh, I s'pose The Treehouse Villas is a 6th community under the SSR wrapper?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Part of kjsgrammy's question was what part of Saratoga? SSR has 5 "communities" across the large property, each with their own "feel": Grandstand, Paddock, Carousel, The Springs and Congress Park. Always more to explore! ;)

Oh, I s'pose The Treehouse Villas is a 6th community under the SSR wrapper?
I was initially in the Paddock with ongoing problems with our entry door, then they moved us to the Springs. Liked both, springs closer to main amenities but would be happy anywhere on property.

mrsFIT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you had a good experience! We stayed there with an exchange a couple years ago and felt the same way. I don't understand why SSR has such a poor reputation, but we're excited to return later this year.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did multiple DVC stays several years ago. I, too, was more enraptored than I thought I would be. It truly is an experience from sunup to the closing of the EMH evening park.

I did WDW several times during year 1 ... 1971-1972. As a local college kid that year, many fellow classmates got paid for the opening night LIVE parade on the "Wonderful World of Disney" parade performance in 'script' and not cash. That 'script' was all E-Tickets booklets ... script given out to get MORE out of area relatives or Florida visitors to spread their happy experiences at THE PARK. The DVC payolla was worth $5 to my fellow classmates. Should have keep a couple of those first year script ticket books.

So, the main park has grownup. Little parks have germinated. Neighborhood parks got built (Universal and SeaWorld to name 2). The military moved out of McCoy Air Force base (aka MCO now).

Yes, the Magic Express does have an advantage ... from the moment you left the airport til when you leave to parks to go back to the airport. Plus, the changes and sizes of the roads .. who would ever want to drive now in the Orlando area.

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
I am a DVC owner at 5 resorts. I do not own at Saratoga Springs but it is beloved by many DVC owners. It has a good reputation but, from what I hear, it is less desireable because it is one of the older DVCs with less time left on the RTU and far from the WDW parks. Other than that, people really like it.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had the same experience, Panina. I was a bit worried that staying on property would be a bit TOO Disney for us, so I was surprised by how really wonderful it was! We've stayed in Saratoga Springs and Key West, and would gladly exchange into either one again. It is so convenient. Our grands love the resorts almost as much as the parks.

We loved staying on property at Universal Studios, too. Along with convenience, getting those (free) Express Pass Unlimited upgrades added to your purchased tickets made the parks SO much easier with our little guys!