• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Divi Phoenix Resort Differences on RCI?

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
I have been looking at the 2 Divi Phoenix Resorts on RCI. For the same dates the Beach Villas at Divi Phoenix Resort #8729 lists 76000 points for a 1 BR Full, the Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort lists 56000 points for a 1 BR Full. Why the differences?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at the 2 Divi Phoenix Resorts on RCI. For the same dates the Beach Villas at Divi Phoenix Resort #8729 lists 76000 points for a 1 BR Full, the Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort lists 56000 points for a 1 BR Full. Why the differences?

Beach Villas at Divi Phoenix Resort #8729 is the newer section of the resort which is the buildings that form an arc behind the main pool.

Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort is the original section which the 14 story tower and the 3-4 story building in front of the 14 story tower. If you are booking a 1BR in this section, more likely you will be assigned in the 14 story tower and since there are only a few 1 BR units in the 3-4 story building

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Thanks Seaport for that info. I was not thinking of a 1 BR but a Studio since it will be only the two of us. I understand that the Divi Aruba Phoenix is older but is it in top condition? It gets that same rating?

I do have some questions about the Studio. Is the bed a regular bed or a Murphy or sofa bed? The Studio says a Full Kitchen does it have a full size refrigerator and Stove? Does the Studio have a Lanai?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Seaport for that info. I was not thinking of a 1 BR but a Studio since it will be only the two of us. I understand that the Divi Aruba Phoenix is older but is it in top condition? It gets that same rating?

I do have some questions about the Studio. Is the bed a regular bed or a Murphy or sofa bed? The Studio says a Full Kitchen does it have a full size refrigerator and Stove? Does the Studio have a Lanai?

The studio is a regular bed and a sofa bed. It does have a full kitchen with full size refrigerator but no stove just burners. It does have a balcony. No washing machine in unit

The good thing about the tower is you are highly likely to have a nice unobstructed view even in the lower floors.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a ground-floor studio that looked right out onto the pool. It was actually really nice to be just steps away, from both the pool and the drink-of-the-day specials at the poolside bar. I do not think the resort was very crowded when we were there. We bought good cheese and bread from the onsite store (we had a $50 resort credit to use up,) and made the. best. grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. We were only there three nights, I think, before getting on a Windjammer cruise. I really liked the resort and its location. Would definitely stay there again. (Caveat: it was probably close to 15 years ago that we were there.)

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The studio is a regular bed and a sofa bed. It does have a full kitchen with full size refrigerator but no stove just burners. It does have a balcony. No washing machine in unit

The good thing about the tower is you are highly likely to have a nice unobstructed view even in the lower floors.

So the "Full Kitchen" in the studio only has a microwave for cooking?

Thanks Seaport and Amycurl for the info. Does the 1 BR unit have a washing machine? Is there washing and dryer room at the resort?

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So the "Full Kitchen" in the studio only has a microwave for cooking?

No it has burners, stove top but no with oven.

[/QUOTE]Thanks Seaport and Amycurl for the info. Does the 1 BR unit have a washing machine? Is there washing and dryer room at the resort?[/QUOTE]

All units in Phase 2 (including studios) have washer and dryer. None of the Phase 1 units (the original section) have washer/dryer in the units. There are communal ones but I think there is a fee for those (not entirely sure though).

So if a washer dryer is a must book a unit under Beach Villas at Divi Phoenix Resort #8729

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No it has burners, stove top but no with oven.
Thanks Seaport and Amycurl for the info. Does the 1 BR unit have a washing machine? Is there washing and dryer room at the resort?[/QUOTE]

All units in Phase 2 (including studios) have washer and dryer. None of the Phase 1 units (the original section) have washer/dryer in the units. There are communal ones but I think there is a fee for those (not entirely sure though).

So if a washer dryer is a must book a unit under Beach Villas at Divi Phoenix Resort #8729[/QUOTE]

Thanks again Seaport for all your info. It is certainly helping me make a decision on the resort and accommodations. Having the burners in the Studio will be great even without an oven.

While the Washer and Dryer in the unit are nice we have stayed over 100 weeks in units that don't have them so we wash our clothes in communal ones. As for the cost of the washer and dryer in the communal ones, it is minimal compared to the greater number of points required in the #8729 resort versus the #4032 resort.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a link and pis of the different units.

https://www.diviresorts.com//divi-aruba-phoenix-suites.htm

The #8729 units (Phase 2 newer/larger units with washer dryer) are the ones with the description of "Beach Tower....."

The unit names that just say "Studio Suite", "One-Bedroom Suite" and "Two-Bedroom Suite" are the #4032 Phase 1 older units

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
A few pics from our stay in August... ground-level studio
a03b32a0cb3310dd9dc078750e3a6e64.jpg
84452ab1669940e6626038619756dd2b.jpg
6e6f25e0277a3e70e78c336d39287751.jpg
7c07b501a1f77da93a655bb1be04f4b8.jpg
4e70e1ac81075996a5c8ab44bb2c0aa0.jpg

Tamaradarann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nice pictures free2Roam. Makes me want to leave tomorrow. We sleep and eat some quick meals in the apartment and then party out when we vacation.

nerodog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a link and pis of the different units.

https://www.diviresorts.com//divi-aruba-phoenix-suites.htm

The #8729 units (Phase 2 newer/larger units with washer dryer) are the ones with the description of "Beach Tower....."

The unit names that just say "Studio Suite", "One-Bedroom Suite" and "Two-Bedroom Suite" are the #4032 Phase 1 older units
Very helpful as I was curious about the 2 different codes. Mystery solved!!

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a 1 BR unit confirmed for July. It was an II exchange with Guest Cert. for my granddaughter who will be on her honeymoon. Reading about the differences between the two sections has me a little concerned. If they are scheduled for the 1 BR in the Tower Bldg. would it be possible to ask for the Phase 2 units since it is their honeymoon. Has anyone ever had a request granted if the confirmation is an exchange?

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
It's interesting to see these photos because the cabinets and furniture look identical to what Divi has in many of its St. Maarten units! Of course it makes sense for them to buy in bulk and use the stuff across their various resorts, but because the configurations are different I hadn’t realized they had that much overlap in the decor.