• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do I need to add a second identical unit to my II account?

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a 1-52 float SDO annual, and just bought another week, a 1-52 SDO float odd years. I have the annual week added to my interval account, and have used it to exchange.

However, in 2017 I have already used my SDO annual for a stay at SDO. Given how late it is in 2017, I'd prefer to deposit the new odd year to interval. Interval still shows my 2017 as available to deposit, and I'm wondering if I deposit it through them will SVO just give them my new float week? I'd prefer not to pay to add another sdo week or extend my II membership, but do want to deposit.

If anyone has any experience or suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I don't see much downside, so I might just try it, but thought I'd check with Tug first.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I think you will be ok but the next time you have to extend your membership go ahead and add it in case you want to deposit both the same year.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought I would follow up on this thread, as I now have an actual data point. This wasn't ok, as apparently the SDO in my account is linked to a contract number, which is my first contract. I tried to use the SDO float in my account for an exchange, and it booted it back as a failure. VSE wouldn't send the other week for me, and I had to call II to renew for a year and get the week added.

I still think it was worth trying in the absence of additional information, but if I ever buy another one I won't bother, because it took a 30 min conference call with VSE and II to deal with it, and I have to call back tomorrow to get the new deposit assigned to my existing exchange (which is on hold)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This may seem to depend on the developer. With II, as long as your weeks aren't enrolled in DC, you really don't need to add subsequent units for the same resort and unit size. If you want to make additional deposits after the first, you just call and they provide supplemental replacement deposits.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
II is right up there with RCI as a greedy company. I paid money to add my Blue Ridge Village week and my Marriott's Willow Ridge units (3), and now they are gone from my account because the deeding of the weeks is not the same as my SBP. They are saying the kids' names are not on those weeks, yet they sure are, so it's going to be a matter of proving to II all over again that my weeks match the deeds of the SBP.

I did it once, then II supposedly asked for Marriott to confirm the deeding of the weeks (BRV too), and now I have to do it all over again. Did I already say that? :)

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
This may seem to depend on the developer. With II, as long as your weeks aren't enrolled in DC, you really don't need to add subsequent units for the same resort and unit size. If you want to make additional deposits after the first, you just call and they provide supplemental replacement deposits.

Definitely depends on developer. Maybe should have clarified, but I posted this in the Vistana forum because the info is definitely Vistana specific. It was Vistana who rejected the trade, saying the contract numbers didn't match. The II guy was confused why the Vistana rep didn't just send over the weeks.

The match to Vistana contract number appears to have been automatic, as there were a number of references to "when the system pulled the week it matched it to contract xxxxx" which I had already used (for a home resort reservation)