• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do timeshare nights count towards World of Hyatt status?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
If I stay at my owned week, do I get 7 nights counted towards status in the World of Hyatt (hotel) loyalty program?

I know Marriott counts timeshare stay nights, Hilton does not. What about Hyatt?

tj5654

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can convert your timeshare points in to World of Hyatt Hotel points (not the best trade) but I have never heard of getting points toward hotel after using your timeshare stay. In 20 yrs of being pitched to upsell I'm sure that would have come up. Also, Hyatt Owners, beware of the newest upsell Portfolio (points) program as they tell you no more fees for reservations, cancellation or guest certificates but fail to mention the $60 housekeeping fee at checkout on Portfolio reservations. Also, if no reservation availability in Portfolio causes you to go back into HRC to make a reservation (after you put your points into Portfolio for the "advantages") then you still have to pay the HRC fees for reservations, cancellation, and guest certificates. I had to call 800 GOHYATT to ask and find that out.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I am not talking about getting points, I am talking about nights counting as qualifying towards hotel status.

For example, all timeshare stays at Marriott give me 7 nights towards Marriott status, but at Hilton for example nights do not count, they are considered non-qualifying stays.

What about Hyatt? For example, their "Discoverist" status requires 10 night, so if 7 timeshare nights count, I only have to stay another 3 night to get status.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
I am not talking about getting points, I am talking about nights counting as qualifying towards hotel status.

For example, all timeshare stays at Marriott give me 7 nights towards Marriott status, but at Hilton for example nights do not count, they are considered non-qualifying stays.

What about Hyatt? For example, their "Discoverist" status requires 10 night, so if 7 timeshare nights count, I only have to stay another 3 night to get status.
You can also get the status through a credit card, easiest way. As far as I know you can not through time share stays

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
You can also get the status through a credit card, easiest way. As far as I know you can not through time share stays

There is no Hyatt credit card in Canada, unfortunately.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

... their "Discoverist" status requires 10 night, so if 7 timeshare nights count, I only have to stay another 3 night to get status.

I tried, and was told no nights count toward the Hyatt status program.

Though I understand you were not asking about Hyatt points, as an aside, any money spent at the hotel (ie, $$$ spent at onsite dining) is counted toward Hyatt points. You have to ask them (some times multiple times) though.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Marriott is the only system that I know of that give elite night credits for stays in a timeshare unit using your timeshare unit directly or through an exchange. All other systems that I know of only give credits if you purchase using cash through the hotel site (or an affilliate using what the hotel considers a valid rate). Even then some hotel timeshare systems specifically exclude stays in timeshare units even when purchased through the hotel website.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt timeshare stays do not count toward Hyatt hotel elite status, except if purchased through the Hyatt hotels website. If staying as part of your HRC ownership, the nights unfortunately do not count.

Naritai

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty excited about Marriott actually counting those timeshare nights towards status. That's a nice bonus!