• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do Wyndham VIP benefits transfer with a resale?

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Personally I would have done what Ron did if I didnt arrive late to the party.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
(BD quote
You obviously have your facts wrong! The average owner has seen more availability as has been reported here in the Wyndham Forum
1. Ron himself reported he was astonished at how long Mardi Gras reservations were still available
2. It’s been reported how much easier it’s been to get Bike Week & Daytona 500 reservations at Ocean Walk
3. It’s been reported by owners on more availability at Glacier Canyon for summer vacations.
Those are just a few that have been reported.

I’ll say it one more “us owners paid to buy out the mega renters” that probably had huge impact on us the owners seeing the program fee jump again in such a short timeframe.

Can you not understand that us the owners paid the bill NOT Wyndham to fix the abuses of a few??
You should be outraged not praising the abuses, colluding, circumventing the rules by a few owners. I’m sure you’ll come back & state how great the mega renters were for the average small owner) End of quote.

If you believe this nonsense I have a bridge to sell to you. When you can exploit any loop hole do so to take advantage of the system. Just like many did with cancel and rebook or PIC week to become VIP. How many scream rescind rescind ? How much does that cost all us owners?
Where’s the nonsense?? I’d love to know.

Where does Wyndham get it’s revenue from if not us the owners??
Sales revenue come from owners
Management fees of the resorts come from owners
Program fees come from owners

Wyndham wrote the checks buying the mega renters out but the money came from owners. You & Ron may think otherwise, where do you think the money came from?? Did it just fall out of the sky??

Since when has anyone considered PICs a loophole?? I guess by you today!!

No rules broken?? If you believe that, the mega renters could’ve easily taken Wyndham down with the aid of several State AGs Offices

Please inform us on how advice on TUG regarding rescinding a contract cost us owners?? My answer to your question is a big fat $00 !!!
Do you think advice on TUG is responsible for every rescission??
I don’t & that Department would still exist

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
(BD quote
You obviously have your facts wrong! The average owner has seen more availability as has been reported here in the Wyndham Forum
1. Ron himself reported he was astonished at how long Mardi Gras reservations were still available
2. It’s been reported how much easier it’s been to get Bike Week & Daytona 500 reservations at Ocean Walk
3. It’s been reported by owners on more availability at Glacier Canyon for summer vacations.
Those are just a few that have been reported.

I’ll say it one more “us owners paid to buy out the mega renters” that probably had huge impact on us the owners seeing the program fee jump again in such a short timeframe.

Can you not understand that us the owners paid the bill NOT Wyndham to fix the abuses of a few??
You should be outraged not praising the abuses, colluding, circumventing the rules by a few owners. I’m sure you’ll come back & state how great the mega renters were for the average small owner) End of quote.

If you believe this nonsense I have a bridge to sell to you. When you can exploit any loop hole do so to take advantage of the system. Just like many did with cancel and rebook or PIC week to become VIP. How many scream rescind rescind ? How much does that cost all us owners?

PIC, unlike cancel rebook, is advertised in the directory and has been around since the 90’s. Companies generally don’t advertise loop holes. PIC is not a loophole. We had to buy points to enroll that purchase. We just didn’t have to buy as much. In return, Wyndham uses our RCI deposits book reservations and rent them out. It’s an ongoing revenue stream for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree Cancel and book was never in the directory but was sold as a VIP benefit. On another note How does Wyndham rent the RCI deposits?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I agree Cancel and book was never in the directory but was sold as a VIP benefit. On another note How does Wyndham rent the RCI deposits?

Probably through extra holidays. Someone said they book reservations at their own resorts. They also have Wyndham Vacation rentals. They may do it through that. I know they use the deposits for rentals, but don’t know the full details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk