TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you know Tug offers a permanent swap section in the marketplace?

Discussion in 'Exchanging Timeshares' started by Panina, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    Do you know that tug has a permanent swap section in the marketplace?

Whereas tug marketplace offers a permanent swap section it is difficult to find. If you never looked at it please go look and tell me if it was easy to find, maybe I am doing something wrong. Free one time exchange ads are easy to find.

I know permanent timeshare trades are a longer shot but I believe they can happen.

I do think tuggers could possibly succeed at times with permanent trades as sometimes one wants something else but doesn’t want to commit until they find a home for what they own.

mpumilia and TUGBrian like this.
  2. Theiggy

Theiggy TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriotts Aruba Surf Club
    Couldn’t find it! I consider myself to be fairly savvy. How would I find through here? Assuming those exchanges are 1x exchanges. They appear to be.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TUGBrian likes this.
  3. Sugarcubesea

Sugarcubesea TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    SDO, QH, & Pinestead Reef
    I just tried to find it and could not...Where is it located at?

TUGBrian likes this.
  4. bbodb1

bbodb1 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club (Pompano Beach, FL), RCI Points: Oakmont Resort (Pigeon Forge, TN), Vacation Village at Parkway
    Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison
    Might this help?

ss 1.jpeg

ss 1.jpeg

Is this correct, Panina?

5. magmue

magmue TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    HGVC - Bay Club, Kauai beach Villas, Worldmark, Whale Pointe fractional
    I've browsed that section multiple times using the "all exchanges" option - don't recall ever seeing an ad for a permanent exchange, although maybe none have been posted.

6. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

I honestly havent approved a "permanent exchange" ad in recent memory.

there would be an indicator on the regular exchange ad for those that the poster indicated they were interested in exchanging permanently vs just a single use.

7. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village

It is there and there are a few listings but you have to find the menu for timeshare marketplace and then select permanent swap. I have not found a way to get to this menu easily. I have to select a prominent marketplace section such as for sale, or the regular exchange and then I can access the menu to permanent swap.

I do feel if it was easier to list and see permanent exchanges, Tug members would look and maybe a few would be successful. Anyway could we experiment to see if there is a demand even if only with a tug members post? We could keep a running post in exchanges titles “Permanent Swap”. One could say what they have and what they are looking for.

5B9EA92E-88AE-4FB5-B258-DC0AF23D9B54.jpeg ECFC0DEB-621F-46DB-B4D9-60EE124AC0C6.jpeg

mpumilia likes this.
  8. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

id imagine we could add a SORT drop down option to the direct exchange list that would allow for sorting by permanent exchange or not as an easy solution. ill send an email to ask.

mpumilia likes this.
  9. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    Not sure that will stand out. One has to easily see and know it’s available to use something. If you can do I could for awhile update a post to remind tuggers it’s available and to check it out.

mpumilia likes this.
  10. Panina

Resorts Owned:
    So I put a few ads in for permanent exchanges. They show under exchanges and if you can find the tab for permanent exchanges they are there too.

You actually go through the process for exchange and there is a box to check off if you are interested in a permanent trade.

Long shot but they are good weeks that have some resale value but figured maybe someone has something I want that could use mine. I do like them and use them occasionally and they have great trade value but figured I would try to get my favorite place. Nothing ventured nothing gained so I am trying, costs nothing as a Tug member because of the free ads we get as part of our membership each year.

magmue and mpumilia like this.